Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remembering Gavin

NFLfan

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 9:14 PM, shecolt said:

I'm responding to the sad news of Gavin's passing by quoting him in this thread:

Gavin, you endured more in your young life than many of us can ever imagine.  Yet, you never whined, moaned, or complained.

You were an intelligent, active member who was well respected by many and I will miss you.

My heartfelt sympathy to your family and all who knew and loved you.

• Like 3

I haven't been on the forum very long and I don't think we've ever interacted but judging from the outpouring of love, you were clearly a well liked and respected member.  It's a shame when a life is lost, especially one so young. 

I just got out the hospital a couple weeks ago with a blood clot in my lung. I am fortunate to be alive. I spent the last couple weeks angry and feeling sad for myself. But now that I hear of your passing, I realize that all life is too short.  Just make the most of the time we have while we're here. Sounds like you did just that brother. 

So while we cheer on the Colts from down here, we know you'll be cheering them on from up there in heaven.  The Cubs got you a championship. The next one the Colts get will be for you brother.  

RIP Gavin. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Much love from one Colts fan to another. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I haven't been on the forum very long and I don't think we've ever interacted but judging from the outpouring of love, you were clearly a well liked and respected member.  It's a shame when a life is lost, especially one so young. 

I just got out the hospital a couple weeks ago with a blood clot in my lung. I am fortunate to be alive. I spent the last couple weeks angry and feeling sad for myself. But now that I hear of your passing, I realize that all life is too short.  Just make the most of the time we have while we're here. Sounds like you did just that brother. 

So while we cheer on the Colts from down here, we know you'll be cheering them on from up there in heaven.  The Cubs got you a championship. The next one the Colts get will be for you brother.  

RIP Gavin. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Much love from one Colts fan to another. 

Amen brother. Glad you're on the road to recovery, blood clots are no joke.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Thank you for sharing that, Smoke317. That was beautifully written. Hope you are feeling much better. 

We encourage all forum members who need support, are struggling, or just want to talk to reach out to another member or to post a comment on the Real Life Happens/Support thread found in the Misc. Section. It is pinned.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

It seems like things wont ever be the same here without Gavin. Can everyone relate to that?

They won't for sure, but only because we'll miss his personality and great sports knowledge. Theres a lot of awesome people on here that will carry on his legacy I'm sure.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it seems different not having him Post on the Basketball Thread. He was on there a lot. Pacers have been a roll lately, he would be proud of them.

Maybe Gavin's  pulling some strings?:rock:

• Like 6

On February 2, 2017 at 8:36 PM, cbear said:

You know, just a gut feeling, but I think most of us on this board would be friends in real life as well, even the ones we fight with.

Anybody here tailgate before home games?I have a buddy who tailgates every home game with his school bus, what a blast!!! I plan on putting together my own Colts themed tailgating vehicle, and EVERYONE here will be welcome to stop by!!!!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it seems different not having him Post on the Basketball Thread. He was on there a lot. Pacers have been a roll lately, he would be proud of them.

Yes he would have.  Brent and I are going to the game Monday.  I plan to enjoy a round with Brent in his memory!  RIP Gavin!

• Like 7

I am a bit late as I just saw this..wow.

Reading all of the responses I am in tears.  So glad that through his pain, Gavin found an outlet here in this forum. 

I have always been amazed, since 2003, how family esque this forum has been.

RIP Gavin.  

• Like 4

Some high school friends of Brandon started a gofundme page dedicated to him. It has far surpassed the $100 goal that they had set to buy his family flowers. The additional money is going to be donated to his High School to help with an assessibility issue, in his memory. If anyone wants to donate, here's the link....

https://www.gofundme.com/brandon-marshall-memorial-gift

Reading through the comments left by those who donated, Brandon seems to have been a positive influence on many people and was loved by many, and his perseverance did not go unnoticed.

• Like 6

Wow..... don't really know what to say. I haven't been on this forum too much lately so I'm just coming across this very sad news. I never knew Gavin outside this forum, but I do know he had at last one post in about every topic on this Colts forum that I've been involved in. He was always in the know on what's happening with Colts. Come draft and Free agent time, reading his breakdowns of players I'd almost think I'm reading something from a scout. For a fan although a very devout, passionate fan of football and the Colts he had very thorough knowledge of the game when it came to Xs Os. He's a poster I'd always stop while scrolling through any thread and read what he had to say because I felt there was a good chance that he'd have some pretty good info in that post and that I might be able to learn something. Definitely gonna be missed and I can only wish my best thoughts and prayers to his family during this time that nobody should have to go through. And to you Gavin, may you rest in peace!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/brandon-marshall-obituary?pid=1000000183728942

Found his obituary In case anyone wanted to read it or sign the guess book if you haven't already. I'm guessing this is him.  Forgive me if it's not. 

Yes that is him, link to obituary is posted on first page/post of this thread. Thanks for reposting though in case there's others who missed it.

• Like 2