Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remembering Gavin

NFLfan

I just really saw this and I didn't know is real name until Gramz told me. I am also from Anderson and saw the obituary of a young man but didn't know that it was our Gavin. I would have gone to his service if I had known in time. He will certainly be missed because he had a wealth of knowledge.

My condolences go out to his family. RIP Gavin  my prayers are with you.  The forum will not be the same with one of our best posters gone.:(

• Like 8

I somehow just now saw this post, and I feel terrible about it. Gavin always had something to say that was intelligent, knowledgeable and insightful. I had been wondering why he wasn't posting lately, as he was one of the first posters I spoke to when I joined this forum years ago. 

He he will be missed greatly, and may he find peace. RIP Gavin. My condolences to your family. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

After reading several of Gavin's Threads/Posts I have realized that we were a lot alike and had the same fears/problems

Such a sad story RIP Gavin

(If you don't know my story, just PM me)

Ya know after hearing what he had, that how many other posters are there that have a medical condition such as this but use this as there get away I got to thinking. Well you came too mind because it's been a couple years ago some poster was giving you a hard time for multiple grammar errors on some post and you never said your exact condition but I knew it must have been something bad and ever since then it really opened my eyes to the struggles other people face on things I take for granted. Even though you weren't talking to me that's something that's always just stuck in my head and it's made me more considerate.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Apologies to everyone.....   I've been away all day and night with family.   Been loosely monitoring things by phone to see what the new GM has to say.

Then, on the long drive home tonight,  I took another look and saw the terrible words.

"Remembering Gavin"     

What a punch in the stomach.    What a kick to the......   well,  you know....

I'd like to share that while Gavin's body ultimately took his life,  one part of his body was functioning beautifully until his last breath.     Our friend Gavin had a great heart!     He was a friend to us all.     I won't pretend that I was as close to Gavin as other's here clearly were.     I knew he was sick,  but did not know any details,  and it didn't feel right for me to inquire.    But we did communicate a fair amount off-line in our own odd way. 

Because I'm on the west coast and often awake late and I'm three hours ahead of you good folks,  I'd often see Gavin's name listed as being on-line when it was midnight or 1am here in California.    3a or 4a Indiana time.   I knew he was somewhat young,  so being up late is one thing,   but that late said something wasn't right.   He told me it wasn't a work thing.    He once shared with me that his dream job was to be a member of the media and cover sports for a living.    For that reason and others,  Gavin was among my favorites here.    And it appears he was with almost all of you.      I'm not surprised.

Gavin was a good guy.    A really good guy.     He put up with me when I was at my worst (hard to believe, I know!)  and almost always kept his cool when things would get a little sideways here.     He was easy to like, and I did.    I really liked him and will really miss him.

I've read some on Spina Bifida, but science is one of my weakest subjects, so I don't pretend to fully understand.     All I know now is that Gavin is pain free.     He can now run free and have fun.     He's full and whole and happy.     And he can now cheer for his beloved Colts,  Pacers and even the Cubs from the Best Seats in the House!

Parents are not supposed to bury their children.    It's not supposed to be that way.    But as you get older you sometimes learn the hard way that life isn't always fair.    That none of us are promised tomorrow. 

I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to everyone here for doing all that they could to let us all know about Gavin and including info about donating to the Spina Bifida cause.    And also wanted to add my admiration for everyone here who has posted to express their heartache over this unexpected loss.    All of you were great today.     You honored Gavin beautifully.      Saying he'll be missed just seems so woefully inadequate......  But he really will be missed by all of us......

:colts:

Michael Forrest

NCF

Beautifully written. I first got to know more of him on the Basketball Thread, he was there a lot. Then he started Posting during the World Series on the Baseball Thread as well. We should create a Thread that dedicates the 2017 Colts Season to Gavin.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

You have mail.

Thank you for contributing to this.  Greatly appreciate you, @NFLfan, and @Nadine You all are super to have let us know about a major loss for our Forum Team!!

I had to say something this morning because quite frankly I am still shocked.

To end on a funny note, I replied off of this so I would not have to 'screw' up MCOLTS spelling. 

Thanks again all.   Image result for colts football in heaven images

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

Thank you for contributing to this.  Greatly appreciate you, @NFLfan, and @Nadine You all are super to have let us know about a major loss for our Forum Team!!

I had to say something this morning because quite frankly I am still shocked.

To end on a funny note, I replied off of this so I would not have to 'screw' up MCOLTS spelling. 

Thanks again all.   Image result for colts football in heaven images

I think I broke my like machine.....

image.jpeg

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

A representative from the funeral home confirmed that they had received the flowers from the Colts organization. I was told,

"They were BEAUTIFUL. They (Brandon's family) were very happy."

I just thought you all would want to know. :)

Awesome!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

A representative from the funeral home confirmed that they had received the flowers from the Colts organization. I was told,

"They were BEAUTIFUL. They (Brandon's family) were very happy."

I just thought you all would want to know. :)

Awesome!  Classy move on the part of the organization and I'm glad it made his family happy during such a tough time.

• Like 4

Man, sad news. Always liked Gavin. Had been around since as long as I can remember. Old forum, Rob Morris days. Rest In Peace brother. Prayers for you and your family. I echo others. If you ever need to talk feel free to hit me up. I can give you my personal info. I've been through some pretty rough stuff and have been on rock bottom many times. 

• Like 5