NFLfan

Remembering Gavin

213 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Something like this? The ribbon is actually pretty close to the Spina Bifida color.

image.jpeg

Thats pretty good IMO. @twfish what do you think?

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Something like this? The ribbon is actually pretty close to the Spina Bifida color.

image.jpeg

This wrapped around a cubs baseball, while hard would be really awsome. But this will work great. I appreciate this

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Something like this? The ribbon is actually pretty close to the Spina Bifida color.

image.jpeg

 

That looks great. :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nadine said:

All,

the Colts are sending flowers to Gavin's Visitation from all of us here on the forums. We wanted his family to know how much he will be missed.

twfish ^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twfish said:

 If it's alright by his mother and family I would love to change my avatar too him.

 

Every time I see your avatar, I see Gavin. You and he shared the same avatar. 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

twfish ^^^

I was unaware if it was the Colts organization or the Colts forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, twfish said:

This wrapped around a cubs baseball, while hard would be really awsome. But this will work great. I appreciate this

I can probably make that too, the ribbon was just a quick thing I found.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I can probably make that too, the ribbon was just a quick thing I found.

That's awesome man. If it's not too much, I wanna make that my prof pic, at least for the next little while. Show my respect and support for a truly good guy.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

That's awesome man. If it's not too much, I wanna make that my prof pic, at least for the next little while. Show my respect and support for a truly good guy.

Ok np, I'll See what I can do later today when I get my laptop back, I left it at work.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Ok np, I'll See what I can do later today when I get my laptop back, I left it at work.

That'd be great, until then I'll use this one

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow,so sad to hear this.He always had good insight into players and the game.Will miss his posts.Prayers go out to his family.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RIP Gavin! He was always a knowledgable, respectable contributor, especially in the draft/FA threads. My best wishes to his family!

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gavin was one of the first people I noticed when I first came to this board, even during my lurking days.  Learned a lot from him.  RIP.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember when I first started to post here. He literally was the first person who made me feel comfortable. It's heartbreaking to hear of his passing. I'm praying for his family man. It's going to be tough....

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Something like this? The ribbon is actually pretty close to the Spina Bifida color.

image.jpeg

Great job on the pic \m/COLTS\m/

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Solon said:

I remember when I first started to post here. He literally was the first person who made me feel comfortable. It's heartbreaking to hear of his passing. I'm praying for his family man. It's going to be tough....

Seemed like a long time ago... i posted here in two phases, when the board changed over i took a new identity cause all my other stuff was lost but it seems like i remember him from way, way back but not sure.

Also praying for Gavs........ very sad, just is.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, just saw the post.  My prayers are with his family, rip Brandon.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, snkdy said:

My God...34 years old. This is so heartbreaking. I always thought he had one of the most brilliant football minds here. I would always look forward to reading his posts, especially during draft time. Prayers to his family and his friends. May he rest in peace.

He also new a lot about Baseball and Basketball. He was often on the Basketball Thread. I could never convince him that Kareem was better than Hakeem for example. He was full of knowledge.

9 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just found out about Gavin. I have no words, am stunned. Sending thoughts and prayers to his family. RIP Gavin. Gone too soon.

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sad to hear of Gavin's passing.  He will be sorely missed.  RIP Gavin!

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry to hear about this.  Gavin was a good poster he and I had several conversations on the forum and through the private messaging.  We didn't always agree but he was passionate about the Colts and passionate about his opinions.  Definitely one of the members that, if I ever ran into in person I would bought a beer and I'm sure enjoyed talking with him for a while.

 

My prayers go to his family and friends.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved our talks on gameday and our debates in general. RIP

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I wanted to first say thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread.  I have not been here as much as in the past, but I came on here and "Remembering" Gavin was the first thing I saw.

 

I remember when I first came to the new site, and I really had a difficult time with some of the old timers on here.  It did, as others have noted, seem like Gavin was on here all of the time.  I guess that means I was too. :)  

 

With us it was me old school and Gavin new school.  As we know these two heads tend to 'come together' once in awhile.  We went back and forth so much, I think 8,000 of my posts were arguing/debating with Gavin. :)  Yesterday's stars for example.  I got a warning or two in my early tenure on this site.  Thanks Gavin!!! :sarcasm:

 

This kid wanted to learn everything, and was willing to research anything he needed to provide insight as well as debate information.  Even though we debated a ton, he asked me to go over the Offensive line schemes.  He wanted to learn!!

 

As time rolled on, I have to admit the old school guy was happy to see Likes going both ways.  Friendly comments instead of snide remarks.

 

The Colts, Cubs and Pacers have lost a great friend.  Peace is now.  Please rest.  We will miss you.:coltslogo:!!!

Excellent Post!

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading several of Gavin's Threads/Posts I have realized that we were a lot alike and had the same fears/problems

 

Such a sad story RIP Gavin

 

(If you don't know my story, just PM me)

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I wanted to first say thank you to everyone that has posted in this thread.  I have not been here as much as in the past, but I came on here and "Remembering" Gavin was the first thing I saw.

 

I remember when I first came to the new site, and I really had a difficult time with some of the old timers on here.  It did, as others have noted, seem like Gavin was on here all of the time.  I guess that means I was too. :)  

 

With us it was me old school and Gavin new school.  As we know these two heads tend to 'come together' once in awhile.  We went back and forth so much, I think 8,000 of my posts were arguing/debating with Gavin. :)  Yesterday's stars for example.  I got a warning or two in my early tenure on this site.  Thanks Gavin!!! :sarcasm:

 

This kid wanted to learn everything, and was willing to research anything he needed to provide insight as well as debate information.  Even though we debated a ton, he asked me to go over the Offensive line schemes.  He wanted to learn!!

 

As time rolled on, I have to admit the old school guy was happy to see Likes going both ways.  Friendly comments instead of snide remarks.

 

The Colts, Cubs and Pacers have lost a great friend.  Peace is now.  Please rest.  We will miss you.:coltslogo:!!!

I loved hearing his passion for the Colts, Cubs, and Pacers!  Not everyone always agreed.  But we were all on the same team; so to speak.  We will miss him......

5 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Excellent Post!

Thank you. :(  

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely terrible news and a sad loss. Rest in peace.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never had the pleasure of having a conversation with Gavin, but he felt like a brother. He touched everyone's lives on this forum in one way or another, be it with his amazing wit and humor or his beautiful grasp on the knowledge of the league. He was an amazing guy, and you can find his mark on nearly every post on here. He treated everyone as family, even when in disagreement with someone. His insane love for this forum and the Colts organization will forever be remembered by all who are here, and I will personally remember this day every year on our forum for as long as I am here. You will be missed, pal. I'm glad that you can run around in heaven now, meeting former Colt greats while standing on your own two feet for the first time in a long time! RIP Brother

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

After reading several of Gavin's Threads/Posts I have realized that we were a lot alike and had the same fears/problems

 

Such a sad story RIP Gavin

 

(If you don't know my story, just PM me)

You have mail.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sorry to hear this. He was no doubt a nice young man.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • JSYK We dont have 31 million to spend 
    • I agree. As long as that that person is answering it like an opinion and everyone realizes it's an opinion, then everything is solid. It gets when people are telling opinions as facts that it starts to head south. You see plenty of both, but it's usually just a lot of debating from my point of view. Some good points of view, and some bad ones, but as long as we all acknowledge these point of views as opinions when they are, then I see nothing wrong with it. I think it just gets out of control when there are rumors, mostly during FA and the draft, and people take it out of context at times, myself included.
    •   Well.....   There's good conversation and then there's.....      NOT so good conversation.   And this website has plenty of both.     I'd love to have more of the good kind and less of the NOT so good kind.   Deciding now that a poster here --- any poster here --- knows what Chris Ballard thinks of a player is ridiculous because none of us knows anything.    Ballard may love the guy.    He may like the guy.    He may not like him.   But nobody knows.      So, stating as fact that Ballard doesn't like someone is a dog that just won't hunt.....  
    • Things went our way tonight all around. Pacers win, Hawks and Bucks lose. Now there is a 3 way tie for 5th. It will be interesting to see how we finish.   Bad night with injuries for this team though. We already knew GR3 hurt his calf in practice and then Stuckey and Al Jefferson go down tonight. I actually want to see more Brooks/Ellis/Miles and more Christmas so hopefully they can pick up momentum if we can make the playoffs.
    • I wouldn't call it a flaw at all. In fact, it's the main premise that a sports forum is built around. Trying to put pieces of the puzzle together on certain things and predicting the future. That's how conversation is started a lot of the time in particular and it keeps people engaged. Without people jumping to conclusions with little evidence, it'd just be people reporting facts on twitter and chat on gameday, which wouldn't be a lot of fun by itself.
  • Members

    • Coltfreak

      Coltfreak 483

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cjrichard

      cjrichard 38

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Samu-Rye

      Samu-Rye 27

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • aaron11

      aaron11 631

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • -JJ-

      -JJ- 1,034

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • akcolt

      akcolt 1,835

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 1,410

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Clem-Dog

      Clem-Dog 205

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • colts52761

      colts52761 65

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Imrryr

      Imrryr 79

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.