Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teddy Bridgewater

PrincetonTiger

59 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

B/R is reporting that The Vikings QB will miss the entire 2017 Season due to his knee injury he suffered in the preseason

Yikes. . . 2 full seasons to heal from an injury.  

Makes me wonder if it wasn't a career ender.  That freaking sucks too, he looked like he had a bright career ahead of him.  

48 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

This has to be the freakiest injury situation i've ever seen. A non-contact dislocated knee that came close to amputation. Feel so bad for Teddy and the Vikings, he seems like a very likable guy.

This happened in practice?! We're talkin bout practice?? WTH did he do put his knee in a blender?!

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

This happened in practice?! We're talkin bout practice?? WTH did he do put his knee in a blender?!

No one seems to be sure, there is no public video to my knowledge of the incident.

There are rumors that the injury was so severe that Vikings players began vomiting at the sight of it.  Although honestly I find that hard to believe.  I could certainly see someone cringing and saying some bad words.  But I don't see why something like that would trigger a vomiting reflex.   

Non contact knee injures do happen.  Reggie Wayne's ACL tear in 2013 was non contact.  Usually it's not this bad though.

5 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

B/R is reporting that The Vikings QB will miss the entire 2017 Season due to his knee injury he suffered in the preseason

Wasn't it said at the time that he might miss 2 years.?.....that was the logic for paying to get Sam Bradford..

Teddy can still be back...he's  a young man and its not a head, shoulder or arm injury.

He doesnt have to be mobile to be a star QB

6 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

While that may be true, I won't believe it until I hear it from a more credible source. This was reported by Jason Cole of BR. He is not credible.

Teddy is still only 24 (as of last November). He has youth on his side. I won't give up on him yet.  The Vikes have to make a decision on his 5th year option by May (I think). We should get idea then if the Vikes believe he can come back from this injury.

I don't think Teddy will be ready by the start of the 2017 season. The team does not want to rush him. They do like Bradford a lot (not me); so, there is a possibility that Teddy may not play in 2017. However, I expect him to play again.

Edit: I had posted a link to a video of Teddy rehabbing. The video does not show when posted here. :dunno:

9 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

You don't have to be on roids to suffer a major injury. Non contact injuries are almost always bad.

Is that all you got out of what I said? It was a noncontact, multiple injury to a knee. It's possible some funny business was going on there.

I am not a fan of Florio but this seems more credible than what Jason Cole reported. (I wish I knew how to create a quote box here while using my mobile. Hope it does not look too large.)

Quote:

Speculation that Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater will likely miss all of the 2017 season due to a serious knee injury suffered in August 2016 created a stir on Friday. Creating less of a stir will be the more accurate depiction of the situation.

A league source with direct knowledge of the situation called speculation that Bridgewater likely will miss all of 2017 not credible.

Mark Craig of the Minneapolis Star Tribune similarly reports that Bridgewater currently is continuing the rehabilitation process without a set timeline for returning. Which means that there’s no reason for “likely” or any similar term to be applied to Bridgewater’s status for the next season.

Could he miss all of 2017? Yes. Could he be ready for Week One? Yes. Could he return at some point in between? Yes."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/27/speculation-that-teddy-bridgewater-will-miss-2017-is-off-the-mark/

20 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I don't think Teddy will be ready by the start of the 2017 season. The team does not want to rush him. They do like Bradford a lot (not me); so, there is a possibility that Teddy may not play in 2017. However, I expect him to play again.

Edit: I had posted a link to a video of Teddy rehabbing. The video does not show when posted here. :dunno:

Bradford isn't that great not the answer so as soon as Teddy is ready I would play him over Bradford any day of the week.

21 hours ago, NFLfan said:

While that may be true, I won't believe it until I hear it from a more credible source. This was reported by Jason Cole of BR. He is not credible.

Teddy is still only 24 (as of last November). He has youth on his side. I won't give up on him yet.  The Vikes have to make a decision on his 5th year option by May (I think). We should get idea then if the Vikes believe he can come back from this injury.

Exactly. This whole situation sucks for one of the most seemingly likable guys in the league, but I still see Teddy carving out an excellent career in Minnesota. 

This QB class doesn't seem that great this year, so the Vikes shouldn't bother themselves with one unless someone they really like drops. Should focus more on the O line. Unfortunately, that seems like a bit of a weak class too this year.

On 1/27/2017 at 2:36 PM, Valpo2004 said:

No one seems to be sure, there is no public video to my knowledge of the incident.

There are rumors that the injury was so severe that Vikings players began vomiting at the sight of it.  Although honestly I find that hard to believe.  I could certainly see someone cringing and saying some bad words.  But I don't see why something like that would trigger a vomiting reflex.   

Non contact knee injures do happen.  Reggie Wayne's ACL tear in 2013 was non contact.  Usually it's not this bad though.

Now if it was on the level of injury of Paul George Kevin ware and johnny Knox then I can see vomiting 

On 1/27/2017 at 0:46 PM, MTC said:

As much as I like Teddy Bridgewater, Vikings need to draft a QB and move on. They can't go through another season with Sam Bradford. 

On 1/27/2017 at 0:52 PM, jvan1973 said:

They pretty much have to.  They gave up a first rounder for him

Sam played all year, took shots and didn't get injured.  He put up numbers -

Comp    ATT     PCT      YDS      AVG   TD    INT    RATE

395      552     71.6      3,877     7.0      20     5        99.3

The problem was, the Vikings were not able to replace Adrian Peterson's output after the injury, and the O line breaking down.  That allowed teams to focus on shutting down Bradford's strengths.  Had AD been healthy, I expect Minn would have made the playoffs. doubt Teddy Bridgewater would have surpassed this output had he stayed healthy.  I surmise Bridgewater needs AD more than Sam.  Teddy had a nasty injury.  I hope he resumes play by 2018.

I

9 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The problem was, the Vikings were not able to replace Adrian Peterson's output after the injury, and the O line breaking down.  That allowed teams to focus on shutting down Bradford's strengths.  Had AD been healthy, I expect Minn would have made the playoffs. doubt Teddy Bridgewater would have surpassed this output had he stayed healthy.  I surmise Bridgewater needs AD more than Sam.  Teddy had a nasty injury.  I hope he resumes play by 2018.

I

I agree with your assessment on both Bradford and Bridgewater. I hate to see any player get injured and possibly career ending. I hope Teddy comes back, but he was very mediocre as a QB, and his ceiling was probably not going to be much higher than 15-20 Tds. His appearance in the Pro Bowl 2 seasons ago was not indicative of his play. He was a replacement and the 22nd ranked QB in 2015. His selection to the PB probably deceived casual fans.      

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

I agree with your assessment on both Bradford and Bridgewater. I hate to see any player get injured and possibly career ending. I hope Teddy comes back, but he was very mediocre as a QB, and his ceiling was probably not going to be much higher than 15-20 Tds. His appearance in the Pro Bowl 2 seasons ago was not indicative of his play. He was a replacement and the 22nd ranked QB in 2015. His selection to the PB probably deceived casual fans.      

I don't think most smart football fans give much credence to the Pro Bowl. It's a joke. 

Despite his "mediocre" stats, I trusted Teddy more than Sam to win us games. I don't think we had any come from behind wins with Bradford. What Teddy had that Bradford lacked was good pocket awareness and demonstrated a sense of urgency when the situation called for it. Teddy's stats would have been less "mediocre" had the coaching staff allowed him to throw more. Teddy is surely not a Fantasy Football QB.

On 1/27/2017 at 2:36 PM, Valpo2004 said:

I'd venture to guess it was probably somewhere similar to the Shaun Livingston injury, perhaps worse given that the ambulance was called.

On 1/29/2017 at 2:12 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

I

Bradfords numbers were good because most of his passes were probably barely over 5 yards. His deep ball is horrible so he dinks and dunks. If Luck threw mainly 5-10 yard passes his completion rate would probably be 70% too.

On 1/31/2017 at 3:18 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Bradfords numbers were good because most of his passes were probably barely over 5 yards. His deep ball is horrible so he dinks and dunks. If Luck threw mainly 5-10 yard passes his completion rate would probably be 70% too.

Sam's numbers / production are right in line with Derek Carr's, and head and shoulders above Blake Bortles {who nearly beat the Colts Twice!}

Comp   Att      Pct     Att/Gm    Yds    Yd/Att  Yd/Gm   TD     INT    Rate

Derek Carr     357     560     63.8     37.3     3,937     7.0     262.5     28       6      96.7
Blake Bortles   368   625     58.9     39.1     3,905     6.2     244.1     23     16      78.8
Sam Bradford  395    552     71.6     36.8     3,877     7.0     258.5     20     5        99.3

From here, it looks like Bortles is the one who dinks and dunks; and turns the ball over, and misses more often with inaccurate on throws...

And the nearly 72% completion percentage is the accuracy Bradford is known for.  That is why many here call for more short / 3  step routes for Luck.  Allow him to improve % and accuracy.