Super Bowl predictions

RockThatBlue

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/29/2017 at 1:13 AM, SilentHill said:

Falcons 40 Pats 35

I'm basing mine on math, both are the average points scored for both teams this post season.

Umm that's a bad way of doing it seeing as how the Texans D >> any D Atlanta faced  also Pats D > any D Atalanta faced (hawka without their Safety were not as good.)

I didn't get to see the Pats game so the Falcon's whoopin of the Packers is all I can go on...I'm sure the Pats will be ready but the Falcons are stuck in my head.

If they're as inspired as they were last Sunday (if you're asking why wouldn't they be, it's just not as easy in the biggest game of the year sometimes believe it or not...see Panthers last year) then I'm taking them. The Pats will be ready, but they're more of an Xs and Os, do your job type bunch. I don't think that will cover it Sunday unless the Falcons aren't ready.

So far there are a whole lot of the sports TV people going with Atlanta, surprising. There is no way I can predict this game mainly because Hoody's skill for wiping pout the opponents biggest factor. In a way I would like to see Brady get his fifth so he may settle down a bit and be happy with what he's got (fat chance).  

So many sports analysts going with Atlanta has me freaked out. I feel like the Patriots just love being underestimated.. I wish there was one super bowl that could just be relaxing with no stress (Ravens vs 49ers) I just can't wait for the game to start! Let's get em Falcons!

My head is telling me Falcons 38-34.. my heart thought says Patriots 34-21..*sigh*

So far there are a whole lot of the sports TV people going with Atlanta, surprising. There is no way I can predict this game mainly because Hoody's skill for wiping pout the opponents biggest factor. In a way I would like to see Brady get his fifth so he may settle down a bit and be happy with what he's got (fat chance).  

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

People are in awe of Atlanta O. They see what it did against GB (whose D was GOD awful) and Seattle (which wasn't the same D without their Safety) and think they will always drop 30+ points.  They could but I wouldn't be shocked if they were kept down to 24 or less either. (I am not convinced they will be patient and go for what they can get. I could see them forcing deep balls that just aren't there.)

This is in no way intended to rub salt in any wounds, but this game reminds me a lot of the Pats game against you guys in the AFC Championship 2 years ago. Colts offense was not quite as prolific as Atlanta's (29 ppg vs 33 for the Falcons), and your D was a bit stingier (23 ppg allowed vs 25 for Atl)...but the makeup of the two teams is similar...hot QB having a great year, younger, smaller defense, came into the game with 2 convincing playoff wins. It just feels like a Pats win to me...I think their D is good enough to keep Atl in the 20's, and I'm having a hard time believing Atlanta's D can do the same.

28 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

This is in no way intended to rub salt in any wounds, but this game reminds me a lot of the Pats game against you guys in the AFC Championship 2 years ago. Colts offense was not quite as prolific as Atlanta's (29 ppg vs 33 for the Falcons), and your D was a bit stingier (23 ppg allowed vs 25 for Atl)...but the makeup of the two teams is similar...hot QB having a great year, younger, smaller defense, came into the game with 2 convincing playoff wins. It just feels like a Pats win to me...I think their D is good enough to keep Atl in the 20's, and I'm having a hard time believing Atlanta's D can do the same.

I would actually give the 2014 Colts a shot at beating Atlanta. Our Defense played Very Good at times and Andrew was playing lights out as well. I think Pats win by 10, 34-24. I am just not sold on Atlanta like a lot are.

On January 26, 2017 at 8:48 PM, Jay Kirk said:

I'm going Falcons 42  Patriots 28

I like the gargantuan score meaning enormous point difference there Jay. 

Matt Ryan showed me something against GB. He crushed a lousy secondary.

Let's hope he cuts thru an even better one on Sunday brother. Make it happen Mr. Ice. Please...

On January 27, 2017 at 9:48 AM, BrentMc11 said:

I'll drink to that....hell it's the Super Bowl so I will be drinking anyway....... :)  

You see, this is why I like you. You mix honesty & blue collar humor to perfection. LOL! 

Gotta run brother. I promise to PM you tonight or tomorrow...My mother says hello BTW...

28 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I won't quite go that far, but I like the twisted juxtaposition, next level humor in this post Gramz. Well played. 

Not looking to rehash anything....   just having some fun, that's all.   

No harm, No Foul intended.

Carry on. :P

6 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I like the gargantuan score meaning enormous point difference there Jay. 

Matt Ryan showed me something against GB. He crushed a lousy secondary.

Let's hope he cuts thru an even better one on Sunday brother. Make it happen Mr. Ice. Please...

They wont stop the RBs either I look for Tevin Coleman to have a huge game multi dimensional runner as well as a prolific receiver , Freeman isn't Swiiss Cheese either. Patriots secondary cant stop the recievers Atlanta has unless the officials allow them to hold. I'm looking forward to it.

I think

Aanta has a shot IF they play well. But NE has a way of making a team pay for mistakes. Should Atlanta start dropping balls, committing stupid penalties and turnovers, it could be a blowout. I'm hoping they don't:                                                                                      ATL 34 NE 28

14 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

They wont stop the RBs either I look for Tevin Coleman to have a huge game multi dimensional runner as well as a prolific receiver , Freeman isn't Swiiss Cheese either. Patriots secondary cant stop the recievers Atlanta has unless the officials allow them to hold. I'm looking forward to it.

I agree Brother Jay. The Falcons RBs in Coleman & Freeman are so dangerous running the ball & catching the ball out of the backfield as a 2 headed offensive monster. Plus, I expect Sanu to be lethal Sunday night as well. 

I hope all is well my friend. Nice talking with you as always. 

I think Matt Ryan is a key to the game.  If he can play well, then it will be a long night for the Pats.  If he starts to make mistakes and is not able to complete passes as well as he did in the first two playoff games then things will be easier for the Pats.   Ryan has had a great year, but in the past can be hot and cold and even had a few off games this year.  The Falcons need the great Ryan to show up in the SB.  It should be a good game and am hoping for a great game. 

1 hour ago, Yehoodi said:

I think Matt Ryan is a key to the game.  If he can play well, then it will be a long night for the Pats.  If he starts to make mistakes and is not able to complete passes as well as he did in the first two playoff games then things will be easier for the Pats.   Ryan has had a great year, but in the past can be hot and cold and even had a few off games this year.  The Falcons need the great Ryan to show up in the SB.  It should be a good game and am hoping for a great game. 

Good insights above Yehoodi. I value NE's experience meaning the moment won't overwhelm them at all & Brady & Edelman are smart as hades & as tough as nails. Yes, Ryan needs to fire on all cylinders early & Dwight Freeney needs to make Tom feel uncomfortable in the pocket. 

This game could easily come down to the final possession. Like you say, just give us a game for the ages. Good luck to both QBs & just give me one hades of a dog fight in the end thank you very much. 

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I agree Brother Jay. The Falcons RBs in Coleman & Freeman are so dangerous running the ball & catching the ball out of the backfield as a 2 headed offensive monster. Plus, I expect Sanu to be lethal Sunday night as well. 

I hope all is well my friend. Nice talking with you as always. 

Yes doing pretty well been working some OT , spending time with the family. Hope all is well with you as well .

If the score is low, then I believe the Patriots win.  So if Belichick takes Julio Jones out of the game and disguises and changes up who is covering the rest often, their defense will keep the Falcons offense in check and Brady will score for a lead and control the ball/clock to shorten the game for a W.  If it is a shootout, the Falcons will probably take the Lombardi.  So-

Patriots 20

Falcons 13

or-

Falcons 38

Patriots 34

And I lean toward the former  (defense does win championships)

27 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

what does it refer to.........did he listen to Vanilla Ice when he was in junior high?

On the origin of his "Matty Ice" nickname, via his HS baseball coach: "Matt startedhis first varsity baseball game as a freshman, at third base against Malvern Prep. We were playing against his older brother, Motts. Matt had two hits, no errors, and we won. That's how he got the nickname Matty Ice."Nov 12, 2008

1 minute ago, Gramz said:

On the origin of his "Matty Ice" nickname, via his HS baseball coach: "Matt startedhis first varsity baseball game as a freshman, at third base against Malvern Prep. We were playing against his older brother, Motts. Matt had two hits, no errors, and we won. That's how he got the nickname Matty Ice."Nov 12, 2008

Thanks Gramz;

Wow. I was hoping it was better than that.

..something like he hit completed 14 passes in a row in a row in the state championship game ..

.....or he drove an ice cream truck to put himself through college...

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Thanks Gramz;

Wow. I was hoping it was better than that.

..something like he hit completed 14 passes in a row in a row in the state championship game ..

.....or he drove an ice cream truck to put himself through college...

haha  Google is my friend...  this is one version that I found,  I'm sure there are others.   :dunno:

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Maybe he'll be the 'New sheriff in town' after Sunday..

I still say he physically looks a little like Peyton and Eli

Yes, I am hoping he has a big game to put the icing on the cake of this fantastic season for him.