Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Ben to consider retirement

RockThatBlue

Kind of like Big Ben, but also don't like him, if you know what I mean. Hope for the game he doesn't retire, hope for the Steelers, he does! He's made enough money, but I can't see him leaving any money on the table, as others have said, doesn't seem to be that kind of guy, also he likes the camera.

22 minutes ago, grm said:

Kind of like Big Ben, but also don't like him, if you know what I mean. Hope for the game he doesn't retire, hope for the Steelers, he does! He's made enough money, but I can't see him leaving any money on the table, as others have said, doesn't seem to be that kind of guy, also he likes the camera.

and the bathroom stalls :) 

Wow, was flipping the stations on the radio and thought I had heard something alone these lines but thought i did not hear it correctly.  

As some have already said, and i agree with, Big Ben is a great player but he tends to advertise more than normal some of his set backs and decisions which end up in good dramatic story lines.

Time will tell.  I am not sure if he is prone to concussions, because other than that I do not see a reason why he would want to retire, got a good pay check, on a solid team, big man on campus, etc., why leave now and not in 3 or 4 years from now.  

I've always heard NFL Players say that the worst time to ask them about the future is right after the season ends......Lots of older players probably want to retire the day after they are eliminated..

..I think Ben will take some time of and, when the spring comes, he'll be looking forward to the 2017 season.

They are close to winning the AFC

On 1/25/2017 at 6:46 AM, oldunclemark said:

..I think Ben will take some time of and, when the spring comes, he'll be looking forward to the 2017 season.

They are close to winning the AFC

Not with that Defense they are not! Pats moved at will on that D and Harrison and Dupree only to scary defenders and Harrison will be done soon.

If Benny did retire, I wouldn't blame at all. He is in what I call the ELITE group when it comes to winning SB's = winning 2 or more SB's as a starter. Only 12 QB's have done it. He has more money that he can ever spend, he has given the Steelers his heart and soul for 13 seasons, plus he is happily married now and has a family to think about. He will be a HOFamer IMO.

I know its not likely but what if we were able to land Le'Veon Bell? With the recent news about Big Ben considering retirement, and the steelers not being happy with Antonio Brown, what if they were to split up? How I see it happening is if Big Ben decides to retire, Antonio Brown will want out knowing with Landry Jones as his QB he will become like DeAndre Hopkins with Brock Osweiler. It will be in both the steelers and AB's best interests to trade him. Now Le'Veon Bell is becoming a free agent and he has already said he wants to stay a steeler, but with Big Ben and AB gone, maybe he will want to go to a team that could be a contender. Steelers are going to franchise tag him, but he could pull a Josh Norman and go to a different team. 

I think Big Ben will come back for one more year, and I don't think this scenario is even remotely likely, but with all the recent news regarding the big three I can't help but wonder. 

Edited by Nadine
formatting

On January 24, 2017 at 11:41 AM, Vinatieri4 said:

I saw that, Probably just emotionally drained from last season and a tough loss to cap it off. He will be back.

That's my take on Big Ben's comments too. He's not leaving yet. He's just embarrassed that NE took the Steelers out to the woodshed & beat the pants off of the killer bees like they weren't even there.