Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pacman Arrest Video

COLTS449

What a scumbag.

Also, Grayson Allen getting "tangled up" with an opponent is front page at ESPN this morning but they didn't put this on (and it's only under headline section that you have to click to get through).

The guy told the cop to S his D, said he hopes he dies tomorrow, and spit on the nurse that was checking him out. That this isn't the number one story and he's not thrown out of the league is insane.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

A lot of fans feel the Colts should get guys like this because they can help the team win, but I'm not one of them.  I want the Colts to win but I also want them to do it with high character guys . 

I respect that, but IMO you need guys like Pacman, Burfict, Talib, etc. Guys with swag, bad guys so to speak. Guys who had rather kill somebody than to lose a game, guys who'll do anything to win, and guys who'll try and take your head off then taunt you. If we had Ritchie Incognito and Vontaze Burfict on our team we wouldn't be a soft team. They would take over the locker room and we'd be a much rougher, tougher football team with swag. Also my favorite NBA player is Boogie so......LOL.

But I want bad guys on the field. Let me make that clear. Trash talkers, guys with swag, violent hitters who play angry, etc. Bernard Pollard types. Remember when Brandon Browner was so good those few years in Seattle. He played violent every game LOL. We have too many softies IMO. Except Walden. Loved that head butt  to Delanie Walker LOL.. That was epic.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

I respect that, but IMO you need guys like Pacman, Burfict, etc. Guys with swag, bad guys so to speak. Guys who had rather kill somebody than to lose a game, guys who'll do anything to win, and guys who'll try and take your head off then taunt you. If we had Ritchie Incognito and Vontaze Burfict on our team we wouldn't be a soft team. They would take over the locker room and we'd be a much rougher, tougher football team.

I agree we need guys like that. But not a pacman.

But (If they're on the field all year) I had rather have Aldon Smith, Daryl Washington, Josh Gordon, Aqib Talib, etc than s bunch of good guys. I want playmakers. That's what its about. Look at Justin Houston. He feel to the 3rd because of off field issues, now he's a top 3-4 EDGE rusher in the NFL.

Also, and I know I'm straying off a bit here, but I think the NFL should stay out of players personal lives unless they murder somebody or something truly bad. I don't think smoking weed is wrong at all. But I mean does anyone remember how great of an ILB, yes. Great Daryl Washington was. I mean just because a guy smokes weed or something they get suspended. Wouldn't the league be better if Josh Gordon, Justin Blackmon, Martavis Bryant, Daryl Washington, Aldon Smith had played this year? And over what? Smoking a freaking plant?

Its common knowledge over half the league is on some type of substance, whether it be pain pills (VERY common in the NFL) Weed, or even roids. Most are just smart enough to not get caught.

Josh Gordon would be right there with Julio Jones for best WR in the league, Aldon Smith would be right with Miller, Mack, etc., Good thing is Smith and Bryant, and HOPEFULLY Gordon are all back next year. Who knows about Washington or Blackmon at this point 

If Washington and Gordon are reinstated they would be steals. Because if both are, both will probably be cut.

15 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I respect that, but IMO you need guys like Pacman, Burfict, Talib, etc. Guys with swag, bad guys so to speak. Guys who had rather kill somebody than to lose a game, guys who'll do anything to win, and guys who'll try and take your head off then taunt you. If we had Ritchie Incognito and Vontaze Burfict on our team we wouldn't be a soft team. They would take over the locker room and we'd be a much rougher, tougher football team with swag. Also my favorite NBA player is Boogie so......LOL.

No a team does not.  A player can be tough and have "swag" without being a criminal.  There is no correlation between hating to lose and criminal activity.

15 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Josh Gordon would be right there with Julio Jones for best WR in the league, Aldon Smith would be right with Miller, Mack, etc., Good thing is Smith and Bryant, and HOPEFULLY Gordon are all back next year. Who knows about Washington or Blackmon at this point 

If Washington and Gordon are reinstated they would be steals. Because if both are, both will probably be cut.

If Julio Jones can be a great receiver while playing within the NFL rules why can't Gordon?  Same with Smith?

16 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

At least Incognito learned his lesson, and Grigson passed on bringing him in and now he is a pro bowler. But we do not need guys who don't learn like Pacman, Burfict, and Talib. Heck, I'd take Rice over them as well at least he learned too.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

At least Incognito learned his lesson, and Grigson passed on bringing him in and now he is a pro bowler. But we do not need guys who don't learn like Pacman, Burfict, and Talib. Heck, I'd take Rice over them as well at least he learned too.

Incognito didn't really even do anything. That happens in locker rooms from middle school to NFL, NBA, etc. He's a leader. We need that. But things have changed so much in the last 10 years when it comes to things like the Incognito/Martin situation its getting ridiculous. I mean you cant be a tough guy anymore LOL. If Jonathan Martin had of been tough he and Incognito would have probably been great friends. He was just being hard on him, breaking him in so to speak. It happened to me and my buddies as Freshmen in HS, and then we became the leaders by the time we we're Juniors and Seniors. But he did take it too far by using the N word. I mean that's just. Well i don't even have to explain, but Other than that (as in take that part out) he didn't do anything wrong.

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Incognito didn't really even do anything. That happens in locker rooms from middle school to NFL, NBA, etc. He's a leader. We need that. But things have changed so much in the last 10 years when it comes to things like the Incognito/Martin situation its getting ridiculous. I mean you cant be a tough guy anymore LOL. If Jonathan Martin had of been tough he and Incognito would have probably been great friends. He was just being hard on him, breaking him in so to speak. It happened to me and my buddies as Freshmen in HS, and then we became the leaders by the time we we're Juniors and Seniors. But he did take it too far by using the N word. Other than that he didn't do anything wrong.

Agree to disagree, he certainly went over the line in terms of hazing. I played football as well and I wish I could take back some of the dumb crap we said as seniors. Nothing horrible that you'd read in the news about but there's no point in being a jerk.

But to agree with you on one point, there was no reason for him to be blackballed for a year and Grigson to ignore him.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No a team does not.  A player can be tough and have "swag" without being a criminal.  There is no correlation between hating to lose and criminal activity.

There's a difference. Heck no we don't need guys like Ray Rice. He knocked a WOMAN out cold with a closed fist and it was on tape. But a guy like Burfict. He's the kinda player I'm talking about. I don't consider him "criminal". What's the most he's done? A little weed? Anger issues? We need guys who play angry, and I don't consider weed criminal. Remember those hits against Pittsburgh in the playoffs last year?

Or a guy like T-Sizzle. Ever noticed him taunting the crowed and constantly trash talking on the field? Or Sherman? Never shuts up LOL. We have nobody like that.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

There's a difference. Heck no we don't need guys like Ray Rice. He knocked a WOMAN out cold with a closed fist and it was on tape. But a guy like Burfict. He's the kinda player I'm talking about. I don't consider him "criminal". What's the most he's done? A little weed? Anger issues? We need guys who play angry, and I don't consider weed criminal. Remember those hits against Pittsburgh in the playoffs last year?

Or a guy like T-Sizzle. Ever noticed him taunting the crowed and constantly trash talking on the field? Or Sherman? Never shuts up LOL. We have nobody like that.

Well, you keep changing your argument.  First you said the Colts needs guys like PacMan.  Guys who apparently tell cops that they hope they die.  And then it was other guys who break the NFL rules (which it's not like the rules are a secret) and now it's guys that talk trash.

Which was kind of my whole point to begin with.  Just because someone doesn't break the rules or get in trouble with the law doesn't mean they are not a hard nosed football player, that can help their teams win.  And I don't want the team I support to have guys like Pacman or even Burfect or Gordon on the team  I know it happens from time to time and I don't mind giving players a second chance (depending on the issue that requires a 2nd chance) but teams like the Bengals have more than the average and I won't support a team that does that. You don't need guys like that to win football games.

Under Dungy the Colts did a good job of getting character guys and it served them well.  The Hernandez situation aside, the Pats have done a good job of getting players that don't get in trouble with the law.  I can go on with teams like the Packers, the new Oakland Raiders, new York Giants.  Not saying they don't have players that get in trouble but with those organizations when it happens it's more the exception not the rule.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Not defending what Rice did, but it was the worst mistake of his life and he lost almost everything for it. He's done enough to deserve a second chance IMO, including offering to put his body through football again for free (donating whatever he makes to various causes). I've seen him around my city plenty of times (we also go to the same gym) and he's been nothing but nice every time. All of my friends that have had interactions with him say the same thing. I'd rather have him than someone who does not feel sorry and continues to be a problem.