Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How much longer will you watch NFL?

Chrisaaron1023

After the Patriots lift up #5 in two weeks. Will Bill and Tommy boy retire? After reaching the top of the peak in team accomplishments will they finally walk away or see how far they can set the bar? Could you imagine they stick around for 5 more years.. 5 more AFC championships..5 more super bowls.. How long will you watch this snooze fest. It's already pretty comical how three guys have dominated the AFC since 2001. But really, we could even go further back the Patriots, Steelers, Broncos, Colts, or Ravens have been the only teams in the Bowl for over 20 years right? (With two exceptions) I'll ask again.. how long can you continue to watch the same show over and over again knowing how it's going to end before we just change the channel?  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have made the transition to watching more football on Saturday than on Sunday starting last year. Only getting to see the Colts on redzone stinks but I have more interest in college now than the NFL so I'll use that as my day to watch football and 50/50 chance of watching NFL on Sunday if I'm not out doing stuff with my fiance.

I can't seem to get into College too much. But this was the first year in 5 years that I haven't had the NFL ticket. I live in CT so I get Patriots and Giants every week.. blah. So this year football hasn't been as watching in my house. But seriously I already know what's going to happen. The "funness" is starting to dwindle away. Fantasy football honestly is what's keeping it interesting.

49 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I can't seem to get into College too much. But this was the first year in 5 years that I haven't had the NFL ticket. I live in CT so I get Patriots and Giants every week.. blah. So this year football hasn't been as watching in my house. But seriously I already know what's going to happen. The "funness" is starting to dwindle away. Fantasy football honestly is what's keeping it interesting.

I can't get into fantasy sports at all. I only have fantasies

1 hour ago, jet1968 said:

The older I get the less I watch.

This.. I used to watch multiple games a week.  I'm lucky if I catch a Colts game live now.  Primetime games are usually the only live ones I watch anymore. DVR has changed my life lol. If it's nice weather I find myself not sitting in front of a television on Sundays now.  This is also the first year in about twenty that I haven't went to any games either.  I think the whole disrespecting our country at the seasons beginning let the wind out of my sail.  The NFL shouldn't have allowed that imo

I have no intention of stopping watching at any particular time.

I'll be honest that I make less of a point to watch games when the team isn't very good.  I havn't reached that point yet though.  The team is still decent.  

But I wouldn't waste my time watching a team like the Browns or something like that.  

I honestly don't think the game's got any less entertaining than when I first started seriously following it.  I don't follow it much as I used to, but that has less to do with my desire to do so and more to do with the fact that I have a kid with another on the way.  I miss watching film and scouting players and coming up with my own stupid reports that mean nothing to anyone else.  

The NBA is more predictable and it's still going strong. I have no problem with the NFL. The best of the best get to play every year...if that happens to be the Patriots or the Steelers, so be it. I think Atlanta is going to win it all anyway. 

10 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Will Bill and Tommy boy retire?

it would be pretty surprising if that happened this year.  i dont think brady really has 5 more years, id put the over/under at two

who knows when BB will retire?  maybe he sold his soul to the devil or something

falcons have a shot since the game wont be in NE.  the spread is only a field goal

Sports has been my life for 40 years basically regarding Pro Football, Basketball, Baseball anyway. I have to admit the Patriots winning every season is ruining Football and getting old, at least it is for me. They are in the Final 4 every season and have already won 4 SB's = old. LeBron being in the Finals every year is getting old too and it will happen again as it looks now. At least there is a decent chance that Warriors beat them though. Baseball has become my favorite sport, I am a lifelong Cubs fan so that helps but in that sport there is a different Champion every year and you never know who may win it? Royals won it all 2 years ago for example and the Yankees don't dominate anymore. They haven't since the 2000 Season. They only have won 1 WS since 2000, that was 2009. There hasn't been a Repeat Champion in Baseball since the 2000 Yankees. Baseball can be boring at times but the Playoffs are awesome.

If I had to rank my favorite sports as of today I would go

Pro Baseball 1

Pro Basketball 2

Pro Football 3

NCAA Basketball would be 4th - I love March Madness

NCAA Football 5th - they need an 8 team Playoff IMO

-I have watched these sports closely for around 40 years since I was little and I have never had Pro Football 3rd. It has been 1st for most of my life. The Colts are still #1 to me though, that will never change.

13 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Mark Cuban made some interesting comments a few years ago about his believe that the NFL would get "oversaturated" & implode. The reports of ratings starting to dwindle has to make one wonder if the league can keep up its popularity and growth over the past few decades...

The NFL ratings while down, are still killing everything else. 

18 minutes ago, Jules said:

I for one will continue to always watch it. Just because the Pats are still rocking and the Colts have missed the playoffs for a few years it don't mean my interest in sports entertainment is down. 

You don't hate the Pats like I do so it's different. Watching the same team win every season is boring and sucks when you see the same team in it every year. I felt the same way about Basketball in the 90's when the Bulls took the fun out of it because everyone already knew who was going to win it all. If the Pats lose to the Falcons I would be shocked. So they win again this season and then what? Same crap next season lmao. Don't see it changing with that Coach and QB. Peyton was really the only guy that could throw a wrench into it over the last few years.

I like the NFL as much now as I ever have...

I'd like more of  it...18 games......special games in other countries..

My teams are my teams whether they are 3-13 or 13-3...

I felt badly after the conference champinship games because the season is almost over

No games for 5 months..too long

Trust me guys.. I love sports too. I work in Bristol CT, right across the street to ESPN. I wish everyday I could be inside those walls talking sports ALL day. We will all continue to watch. But it's like watching a horror movie over and over again. The season starts we're all wondering ooohh new year, exciting, who's gonna be the new team? Half way through, we're kinda hanging on to a glimmer of hope..in December we're yelling at the screen, asking teams how they could be so stupid. Then at the end we're on the edge of our seats, just hoping the kill doesn't happen... then low and behold it happens. All the hoping and wanting. And..the outcome...stays...the..same

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:07 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Trust me guys.. I love sports too. I work in Bristol CT, right across the street to ESPN. I wish everyday I could be inside those walls talking sports ALL day. We will all continue to watch. But it's like watching a horror movie over and over again. The season starts we're all wondering ooohh new year, exciting, who's gonna be the new team? Half way through, we're kinda hanging on to a glimmer of hope..in December we're yelling at the screen, asking teams how they could be so stupid. Then at the end we're on the edge of our seats, just hoping the kill doesn't happen... then low and behold it happens. All the hoping and wanting. And..the outcome...stays...the..same

I guess I grew up on Indiana high school basketball and football.

Every season ends with a painful loss unless you're the state champ..

Losing is the natural order.

Losing in the post-season means you made the post-season.

The Bears didn't lose any 'big' games all year..they weren't in any

I have noticed I watch less games now than I did in the past. Working at my job 2nd shift has done this, as I wake up at 1:30pm now to work, and 3:30pm over a weekend day to catch up on sleep.

The Colts were a lot more exciting with Peyton Manning, and while Andrew Luck is also somewhat exciting, I do miss the days of Peyton orchestrating the offense.

I'm not the fan I used to be because too much media coverage and stories about personal lives most of which are bad along with the  "me, me, me"  crap that is going on. Too much dancing and stupid celebrating after gaining two yards. Too much soap opera between the president and players, coaches and staff, etc. including college level. Too much fashion shows before games as the players arrive at the stadiums. Maybe I'm too old fashion but I want to watch sports and that's all.  

I have been less and less interested in football, especially this year in particular. I only watched Colts games and kept an eye on the other games, but not with as much interest. 

I'm not sure that I will watch the Super Bowl...Don't care to see Brady win another title.

I like the game,.

I have no rooting interest in Atlanta or New England but I had no rooting interest in any of the playoff teams

I just like football....,..so much effort...the speed and violence..strategy and emotion

..the winning and losing in the ultimate team sport

I understand why NFL games are the top-ranked shows on television...

live football is better than any other show

3 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

Did you watch football before Andrew Luck played?

Of course.....

I've watched and loved football for 50 years.

But by the time Luck retires,  I'm not sure if the game will be the close enough to what I'm watching now to be as enjoyable for me.       In short,  it might not be Must See TV for me in 8-10 more years....

Then again,   I might not even be alive in 8-10 years!      So, there is that!           :peek:

I'll watch until the Saints leave the NOLA area if that is a true possibility considering the future of our owner and management. If my team leaves, then I will stop watching for good. 

I don't have a problem with the Patriots winning #5 or #6. At least someone is going to rub it in Roger Goodell's face. When he's finally out of the door, the league will be a better place.