Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots shopping Garoppolo

Andrew Luck fan club

Seems like the Pats do this a lot.  Draft backup quarterbacks and trade them away.

Honestly I wouldn't go for it if my team needed a QB.  Jimmy G only played a small amount and besides he was looking good with Belichek as his coach.

Matt Cassel looked really good in a similar situation.  Belichek makes everyone look good. 

12 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Seems like the Pats do this a lot.  Draft backup quarterbacks and trade them away.

Honestly I wouldn't go for it if my team needed a QB.  Jimmy G only played a small amount and besides he was looking good with Belichek as his coach.

Matt Cassel looked really good in a similar situation.  Belichek makes everyone look good. 

People forget Cassel had a dang good first year in KC then the wheels came off.

10 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Another unproven QB who might seem like the solution to a team's problems. I'm sure he'll somehow end up starting somewhere next season. There isn't much confidence in the quarterbacks coming out of college this year. 

The only QB I see being somewhat good this year is Watson.

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

All of those guys got paid much more money after they left.  Im sure they don't regret leaving

Everyone who leaves the Patriots get paid, because the rest of the league think they are good. And they all happy when they leave! But.. they all die without super powers.. I mean Wes Welker survived a year.. please let me know of others who have flourished, I'm not being a jerk I'm just not aware

57 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Everyone who leaves the Patriots get paid, because the rest of the league think they are good. And they all happy when they leave! But.. they all die without super powers.. I mean Wes Welker survived a year.. please let me know of others who have flourished, I'm not being a jerk I'm just not aware

Let's be fair, Wee Walker was the only one left of his own accord. Cassel was traded, Hoyer and Mallet were cut. So it's not like they made a choice and left they were moved or unceramonally cut. The emperor is a heartless man.

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Seymour had a couple of pro bowl seasons with the raiders.  Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins have played well for their new teams.   

The patriots are the best scheme based team in the league. You would be an * to trade such a high price. The mind game the patriots play on the rest of the league is pretty legit. They are feared and respected thus why they win so much. Plus, they have a HOF staff that knows how to scheme to their players strengths. Unlike nearly every other team. It does help when almost the entire NFL hasn't been elite at all this year. It's been a pretty boring season thus far in those terms. 

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Supposedly the rumor is the Browns want to trade for Jimmy G. And MAY be willing use their 2nd first to get him. 

I read somewhere that Shanahan "really liked" him coming out of the draft.  Maybe they'd like to offer their 2nd overall, lol.

On 1/24/2017 at 0:26 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Cassell was a big one. They traded Mallett in 2014 for a conditional 2016, which wound up being a 7th rounder, so that was pretty inconsequential.

Like you, I wouldn't give them anything noteworthy for Jimmy G. 

10 hours ago, JoshC said:

I read somewhere that Shanahan "really liked" him coming out of the draft.  Maybe they'd like to offer their 2nd overall, lol.

Isnt their lickn1st overall? I'd take that lmao..  and then get a stud D player for cheap for 4 years.. lol

They got the 2nd overall (i.e. Niners).  Wonder if the Browns would like to snipe them and offer their 1st overall.  That be just about as mind-blowing as some trade proposal being thrown around by one of the radio stations in Houston:  JG in exchange for JJ Watt and Houston`s 1st round pick.

1 hour ago, JoshC said:

They got the 2nd overall (i.e. Niners).  Wonder if the Browns would like to snipe them and offer their 1st overall.  That be just about as mind-blowing as some trade proposal being thrown around by one of the radio stations in Houston:  JG in exchange for JJ Watt and Houston`s 1st round pick.

I wrap Jimmy G. In a bow and kiss him on the cheek and send him on his way for that!  JJ Watt would fill the one glaring need onnD that the Pats have..

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised BB is doing this because Brady can't play forever & Bill's son works on the team in a scouting capacity of some sort. 

Look, Bill has earned the right to walk away anytime he wants from the NFL so has Tom. I respect both men's incredible achievements in this league regardless of my views on Deflate Gate. Will I hold it over their heads for all eternity? No, because you don't play in 7 SBs by accident. Both men are always competitive & always prepared. 

Jimmy G. is a good kid with a nice skill set who will only grow & improve. He's much better then Matt Cassel ever was & his thresh hold for success outside of NE will be considerably high.