Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SB51 Advantage: Falcons

danlhart87

12 hours ago, Susie Q said:

You seem to be all for the Patriots what's up with that ? haha  I personally think the Falcons will give them all they can handle. :td:

I am speaking with my mind this year and not my heart, that is why!!! The numbers don't add up, 27th ranked D of the Falcons, not even top 10 in any defensive category, those teams never beat Brady. So my mind tells me Patriots.

Last year, I was at least vested with the Broncos and Peyton in my heart and a lot of numbers that were in their favor. 

Take a look at this stat of #1 O vs #1 scoring D:

http://matometrix.com/news/What-happens-when-No.-1-offense-meets-No.-1-defense-in-Super-Bowl

One-sided in favor of the D. The last #1 points scoring O to win the SB was the 2009 NO Saints and they did that by shrinking the game and keeping Peyton on the sidelines. That is why I said the Falcons' only chance is to try and keep Brady on the sidelines by converting 3rd downs and giving him just about 6 or 7 possessions to work with. However, the Saints were at least Top 10 defensively in generating turnovers that year and that is how they rolled all the way including the Tracy Porter pick six in the SB. Falcons have shown me nothing, absolutely nothing defensively. Smart money should be on the Patriots.

11 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am speaking with my mind this year and not my heart, that is why!!! The numbers don't add up, 27th ranked D of the Falcons, not even top 10 in any defensive category, those teams never beat Brady. So my mind tells me Patriots.

Last year, I was at least vested with the Broncos and Peyton in my heart and a lot of numbers that were in their favor. 

http://matometrix.com/news/What-happens-when-No.-1-offense-meets-No.-1-defense-in-Super-Bowl

One-sided in favor of the D. The last #1 points scoring O to win the SB was the 2009 NO Saints and they did that by shrinking the game and keeping Peyton on the sidelines. That is why I said the Falcons' only chance is to try and keep Brady on the sidelines by converting 3rd downs and giving him just about 6 or 7 possessions to work with. However, the Saints were at least Top 10 defensively in generating turnovers that year and that is how they rolled all the way including the Tracy Porter pick six in the SB. Falcons have shown me nothing, absolutely nothing defensively. Smart money should be on the Patriots.

The Patriots are hardly even worthy of a #1 D they just played pure garbage all year long 

47 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The Patriots are hardly even worthy of a #1 D they just played pure garbage all year long 

It is not their fault most of the elite QBs in Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Drew Brees are all in the NFC. Most of the good teams in the Cowboys, Falcons, Giants, Seahawks, Packers that could have challenged them are all in the NFC too.

Big Ben, his reputation was bigger than his play this year, and I agree that the Patriots have not played the best QBs in the NFL. That is why I said a while ago the AFC is such a shame and the ball control teams like the Raiders and Titans both lost their QBs at pivotal times. When they played a team like the Seahawks with some balance, they lost at home. But all they need to do is prepare for 2 weeks and take down the Falcons and they are SB champs. 

The numbers are what they are, and we will find out if they are misleading or not. But you can't discount the preparation you are going to get with that coaching staff with 2 weeks in hand.

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

They chose to wear red and black!!! Get ready for Brady Bunch #5

Obviously these are all superstitions. But!.. I heard while the 11/12 have won wearing white.. All Super bowls played in Houston, the team wearing white has lost!

Keep it a shoot out matt ryan. And just have the ball last. I'll be rooting for long 6/7 min drives. That end in TD's

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

Look at the QBs the Pats' D has faced

I actually thinking the Patriots could run away with this thing around or just after halftime. They have all the expirience on thier side, thier D is solid and they execute when they need to to. Plus they have Blount and they will probably pound away at a weak Falcons Run D. The Patriots tend to play thier best in these moments and they've been here many many times. For the Falcons this all new territory. Hate to say it but I think the chances are pretty strong Brady and the boys from New England will be bringing home thier 5th title.

12 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

Look at the QBs the Pats' D has faced

Look at the defenses Atlanta has played. 

They played all defenses ranked in the 20's and below. In games where they didn't, they went 3-4 in that stretch. 

NE also beat Ben last week who everyone was screaming was going to beat them. They "finally were playing a good QB" and he only put 17 points on the board. 

NE has played much tougher defenses this entire run than Atlanta has had to deal with.

21 hours ago, chad72 said:

Atlanta's defense is ranked 27th overall, and they're down at the bottom in terms of turnovers. I don't think they're anything close to the 2009 Saints. They're not even as good as last year's Panthers....

This should be an easy game for the Pats....This is hands down, the weakest opponent they've got in the SB so far, at least in terms of defensive rating. 

Everyone keeps going on about Matt Ryan in a shoot out, but they were saying the same thing about Ben last week. Not a word about the Falcons horrible defense and how they can't stop nobody. Brady struggles against hard hitting defenses like Baltimore, the Giants, and the Jets from the past...Atlanta don't have that defense. They run the same scheme as Seattle, but they do not have the personnel to really match well. I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats just run all over them and score constantly. 

Atlanta's game plan all season long is like watching Mike Tyson fight. They come out swinging and score on the first possession, then score again and try to force their teams to play catch up. Their game plan all year was to try and beat teams as fast as they possibly could and then make them play catch up the rest of the game while sitting on a big lead. They were bad this year in close games where they couldn't get the easy scores. They're not used to playing great defenses like NE either, so it will be curious what they do when Plan A fails of just trying to score as fast as they possibly can. 

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

This should be an easy game for the Pats....This is hands down, the weakest opponent they've got in the SB so far, at least in terms of defensive rating. 

Everyone keeps going on about Matt Ryan in a shoot out, but they were saying the same thing about Ben last week. Not a word about the Falcons horrible defense and how they can't stop nobody. Brady struggles against hard hitting defenses like Baltimore, the Giants, and the Jets from the past...Atlanta don't have that defense. They run the same scheme as Seattle, but they do not have the personnel to really match well. I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats just run all over them and score constantly. 

I agree with you. Although I don't think the Patriots care about number defenses. They can kill em. I feel like it'll take an offense that isn't "scared" of them. You show that picture of Tracy Porter. That was the one turnover of the game right? We didn't lose to the Saints because their defense was good... We lost because none of freaking Drew Brees' passes touched the ground. They absolutely killed us on the offensive side of the ball. That's how the Falcons will have to win.

This game is all about Falcons Offense vs Patriots defense. We already know Tom and Hogan and Edelman will get their 28-31 points. But can the Falcons get their 35-38 points.

31 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

This game is all about Falcons Offense vs Patriots defense. We already know Tom and Hogan and Edelman will get their 28-31 points. But can the Falcons get their 35-38 points.

Can they indeed. Bill is going to use all sorts of mixed looks against Matt. They will play the psychological game here and try to get inside his head. 

I don't think my soul can take another Patriots superbowl title. But it looks like that is the direction they are heading. The Falcons have a great offense no doubt, but I agree with Synthetic: The Falcons got lucky. They will absolutely have to play perfect on the offense and score at least on the first three drives. Their plan B is that there is no plan B. 

42 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Can they indeed. Bill is going to use all sorts of mixed looks against Matt. They will play the psychological game here and try to get inside his head. 

I don't think my soul can take another Patriots superbowl title. But it looks like that is the direction they are heading. The Falcons have a great offense no doubt, but I agree with Synthetic: The Falcons got lucky. They will absolutely have to play perfect on the offense and score at least on the first three drives. Their plan B is that there is no plan B. 

Oh no doubt they will have to play perfect and even get a little lucky..

But I remember back in 2002 a certain team needed to play perfect and even get a little lucky to beat the greatest show on turf.

31 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Oh no doubt they will have to play perfect and even get a little lucky..

But I remember back in 2002 a certain team needed to play perfect and even get a little lucky to beat the greatest show on turf.

Yeah, the defensive team won that SB, didn't it? I'd take the Patriots D over the Falcons D. 

Like I said, if the Falcons' D could play D worth anything and not have to rely on their O to play D for them with clock control, the Falcons' chances would be better.

29 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, the defensive team won that SB, didn't it? I'd take the Patriots D over the Falcons D. 

Like I said, if the Falcons' D could play D worth anything and not have to rely on their O to play D for them with clock control, the Falcons' chances would be better.

Their D played pretty well against Green Bay

4 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Look at the defenses Atlanta has played. 

They played all defenses ranked in the 20's and below. In games where they didn't, they went 3-4 in that stretch. 

NE also beat Ben last week who everyone was screaming was going to beat them. They "finally were playing a good QB" and he only put 17 points on the board. 

NE has played much tougher defenses this entire run than Atlanta has had to deal with.

Could be, but my only point was that New England's defense isn't the juggernaut everyone is used to seeing from a Bill Belichick led team.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Their D played pretty well against Green Bay

and against Seattle. but we will see.. I'm not making any predictions. I think if the Patriots come out in Man.. that spells doom for falcons. If Zone. this game will be whoever has the ball last type deal. but falcons can harass the QB