Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriot's Kraft on Grigson's Firing

WarGhost21

Well wasn't the AFC game the pinnacle of your GM career? He wasn't there when you went to the SB so he reached that game and the team has regressed since then. I don't think that is so much classless as just stating a fact. The fact it started deflategate is just a coincidence, it was def his high point as a GM. 

7 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

I wonder if he was as drunk as Robert after the AFCC game. If so, at least he wasn't on prime time TV attempting to make a statement

I have no problem with someone getting drunk while watching their team not like he is driving home later. (He has a limo for a reason lol) so who cares if he gets drunk, and his statement was easy for any Pats fan to understand. 1 more and Roger has to hand the trophy to Brady and probably the SB MVP trophy as well.

Just now, csmopar said:

Typical of a classless organization....... that said, I'm not sure I disagree with him. 

I think regardless, it's pretty tacky of him to take a shot at somebody who just lost their job

also tacky to bring up deflategate again.

If Malcolm Brown makes key plays for the Pats' DL vs the Falcons in primetime, we'd all be going "why was this first round talent rated second rounder by Grigson". :)

I can already tell you he has been a big part of that run D and has come along real well on that DL.

39 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

The fact it started deflategate is just a coincidence

no it isnt

kraft wouldnt have said a word if not for deflategate.  its no coincidence that he is bringing this up

personally i think the anger towards the colts from patriots fans is misplaced too.  they asked the league to look into it, and after that this team had no more involvement in the matter.  the colts were hardly mentioned in the wells report

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

If Malcolm Brown makes key plays for the Pats' DL vs the Falcons in primetime, we'd all be going "why was this first round talent rated second rounder by Grigson". :)

I can already tell you he has been a big part of that run D and has come along real well on that DL.

I wanted him, bad

31 minutes ago, chad72 said:

should have taken collins instead

4 hours ago, aaron11 said:

no it isnt

kraft wouldnt have said a word if not for deflategate.  its no coincidence that he is bringing this up

personally i think the anger towards the colts from patriots fans is misplaced too.  they asked the league to look into it, and after that this team had no more involvement in the matter.  the colts were hardly mentioned in the wells report

I actually have no hate for the Colts. I dispose thenRavens just because I never seen such a bunch of whiney losers  like that team. 

Bit again it was his pinacle, that's as good as the Colts ever did under him. It's a factual statement lol.

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

He's playing well, better than I expected. Still don't think he was worthy of a first round pick, and I wouldn't have drafted him. 

8 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18533561/new-england-patriots-president-jonathan-kraft-takes-jab-fired-indianapolis-colts-gm-ryan-grigson

I'm not sure whether to be mad about another low blow by the Patriots or laugh in agreement...

If they didn't cheat in the first place it wouldn't have ever started.

From Robert Kraft's perspective, the DeFlate Gate scandal cost his franchise draft picks, tarnished his adopted son Tom Brady's reputation, & it forced him to do some damage control as an organization. I expected a hint of anger & resentment in Kraft's reaction to the dismissal of Grigson & I was surprised it was so tame on Robert's behalf. 

I will say one thing though. If NE wins the SB in February, it doesn't extinguish the cloud or suspicion of playing loose with the rules at all. It just means that their coaching staff is elite & their players execute with precision in crunch time. 

As far as Ryan being fired over the weekend, I am pleased with the result, feel bad for his family income wise, but this move needed to be made for the restoration of INDY's NFL prominence overall. 

11 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Well wasn't the AFC game the pinnacle of your GM career? He wasn't there when you went to the SB so he reached that game and the team has regressed since then. I don't think that is so much classless as just stating a fact. The fact it started deflategate is just a coincidence, it was def his high point as a GM.

It really could be taken both ways.  It was the pinnacle of the Colts under Grigson and of course the game that created "deflategate".  I'm sure the Patriots organization hasn't forgotten that, heck we can't forget it since it was the most overplayed NFL "storyline" since Favre's multiple fake retirements.

14 hours ago, Superman said:

He's playing well, better than I expected. Still don't think he was worthy of a first round pick, and I wouldn't have drafted him. 

I never understood your stand on this.  I wanted Kendrick or any ILB but I still don't understand how you can devalue what Malcolm brings to the table.  He was never going to be an elite rusher but it was evident in his college game he could be a great run stopper that can anchor a line.  It's not like he was drafted in the first 20.  He was drafted late 1st which is right where players like him get taken.  Best 2 down lineman isn't coveted but can easily be a first pick.  

Honestly him and Ridgeway would be a nice combo to have right now.

12 hours ago, Corndog said:

It really could be taken both ways.  It was the pinnacle of the Colts under Grigson and of course the game that created "deflategate".  I'm sure the Patriots organization hasn't forgotten that, heck we can't forget it since it was the most overplayed NFL "storyline" since Favre's multiple fake retirements.

No it has not been forgotten, but speaking for myself my anger is at the NFL for blowing it up to a bigger thing than it was and failing EVER to correct false reports when they were leaked. 

The Colts I was mad at first but that's long since faded as I doubt they thought this thing be this big of a deal.

The only team fans should blame for deflategate, is the team that cheated. But saying the patriots are cheaters is a sure fire way to start an argument with a patriots fan. They really hate it when you mention that. But it's not my fault that this era of patriots football is largely over shadowed by cheating schemes. 

it will always be so. The only fans who respect the patriots, are patriots fans. And believe me, I want to respect them,  because I believe they are good enough not to cheat.

45 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

The only team fans should blame for deflategate, is the team that cheated. But saying the patriots are cheaters is a sure fire way to start an argument with a patriots fan. They really hate it when you mention that. But it's not my fault that this era of patriots football is largely over shadowed by cheating schemes. 

it will always be so. The only fans who respect the patriots, are patriots fans. And believe me, I want to respect them,  because I believe they are good enough not to cheat.

lol I will just tell you as far as "deflategate" goes it was much to do about nothing. Especially since they couldn't prove anything happened to those Footballs on that given game. (Why they did not keep the psi level KNOWING they were going to check them at half is beyond incompetent.)  but do your research you will see just how incompetent the investigation was. I am not expecting anyone change their opinion on what happened (that's like concrete now for us all). I want everyone just look at it and see just how botched an investigation it was! It made the OJ prosecutors look like rocket scientists. (Fail correct false reports, Goodell Lying in his Arbitrator findings, the fact the NFL didn't know about the ideal gas law, Hiring a lab do the test that also got results saying second hand  smoke wasn't bad for you. The list goes on it was just so badly done and hiring a corner to do the investigation was even worse!)

13 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

lol I will just tell you as far as "deflategate" goes it was much to do about nothing. Especially since they couldn't prove anything happened to those Footballs on that given game. (Why they did not keep the psi level KNOWING they were going to check them at half is beyond incompetent.)  but do your research you will see just how incompetent the investigation was. I am not expecting anyone change their opinion on what happened (that's like concrete now for us all). I want everyone just look at it and see just how botched an investigation it was! It made the OJ prosecutors look like rocket scientists. (Fail correct false reports, Goodell Lying in his Arbitrator findings, the fact the NFL didn't know about the ideal gas law, Hiring a lab do the test that also got results saying second hand  smoke wasn't bad for you. The list goes on it was just so badly done and hiring a corner to do the investigation was even worse!)

Deflategate is far from their only offense. I believe they are cheaters and have only been caught so many times. But I'm not going to argue with you. 

27 minutes ago, NannyMcafee said:

Deflategate is far from their only offense. I believe they are cheaters and have only been caught so many times. But I'm not going to argue with you. 

Again, I was not talking about guilt or innocence (as that train has long since left.) I was talking about the investigation itself was bogus and just BAD! Pretty much like every other investigation the NFL has ever done. I do know when it finally happens to the Colts, and it will, I will not jump to conclusions to fast as the NFL Sucks in doing investigations. 

( For clarification I am not calling Colts cheaters, just that every team at one time or another comes under investigation by the league for something.)

if the Pats are cheaters then The Hawks are worse! They are on their 4th offense they been caught on.

19 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Kraft sounds like a sore winner.

Yes, he speaks like a kid without a day of real adversity in his life. Unfortunate for fans, but hey, he can't be worse than his old man, can he?

Obviously the whole organization is bitter about this. Its going to hang on TB like a herp. And rightly so. He should've manned up immediately. Hope he learned from this.

Having said that, he's likely going to win his 5th ring, and is an amazing QB, especially at his age. Also, he is not an sore winner, or a sore loser, unlike his owners. He is always quite gracious in victory and defeat. As is BB. Yeah they have broken the rules, and lied a bit. But it's blood sport, gotta be expected. 

I hope JK keeps his pie hole shut from now on...but that may be expecting too much from a kid in his situation. 

Dare I say...go pats!

Typical Least coast attitude.  Rather than being a man and  admitting that what they did was wrong and move on, take jabs at the person you were cheating who called you on it.

But I will say it doesn't do much for a career to accuse and prove the Godfather and his team of cheating.  Heck the only jobs Mangini could get after Spygate was with two inept franchises, the Browns and 49ers.

1 hour ago, grm said:

Yes, he speaks like a kid without a day of real adversity in his life. Unfortunate for fans, but hey, he can't be worse than his old man, can he?

Obviously the whole organization is bitter about this. Its going to hang on TB like a herp. And rightly so. He should've manned up immediately. Hope he learned from this.

Having said that, he's likely going to win his 5th ring, and is an amazing QB, especially at his age. Also, he is not an sore winner, or a sore loser, unlike his owners. He is always quite gracious in victory and defeat. As is BB. Yeah they have broken the rules, and lied a bit. But it's blood sport, gotta be expected. 

I hope JK keeps his pie hole shut from now on...but that may be expecting too much from a kid in his situation. 

Dare I say...go pats!

I'm not going touch on the Brady part. (I disagree but alas that ship has long since sailed.) 

as for JT he is a spoiled rich kid who has not wanted for a thing in his life and well sometimes he sounds like one.

Also Colt fans should never throw out verbal jabs in regards to team owners, not while your current owner would have had a 4 game suspension if not more for his escapades and personal demons. 

I cant wait till the colts are good again, I miss the rivalry and the good banter here back and forth.

now where is Jules I have not seen her in ages!!

7 hours ago, Surge89 said:

I never understood your stand on this.  I wanted Kendrick or any ILB but I still don't understand how you can devalue what Malcolm brings to the table.  He was never going to be an elite rusher but it was evident in his college game he could be a great run stopper that can anchor a line.  It's not like he was drafted in the first 20.  He was drafted late 1st which is right where players like him get taken.  Best 2 down lineman isn't coveted but can easily be a first pick.  

Honestly him and Ridgeway would be a nice combo to have right now.

I didn't like the way he played at Texas. I actually like Ridgeway's tape better. Brown seemed uninterested at times, got moved off the ball, played without direction and discipline, and even at his best he didn't offer much of a pass rush. I think he projected as strictly a 2-down guy, and I questioned his ability to impact the game consistently. I had him below other players who were still there at #29. And I also felt like he was overhyped by a lot of people.

As of right now, I think I had him too low. But a few of the players I had ahead of him have been better, including some who were still there at #29. I think he's better than I thought he would be, but I still would rather have other players that were on the board.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I didn't like the way he played at Texas. I actually like Ridgeway's tape better. Brown seemed uninterested at times, got moved off the ball, played without direction and discipline, and even at his best he didn't offer much of a pass rush. I think he projected as strictly a 2-down guy, and I questioned his ability to impact the game consistently. I had him below other players who were still there at #29. And I also felt like he was overhyped by a lot of people.

As of right now, I think I had him too low. But a few of the players I had ahead of him have been better, including some who were still there at #29. I think he's better than I thought he would be, but I still would rather have other players that were on the board.

Got it.  You just come across as if he had a 4th round grade from you. 

I actually agree with you on him.  I didn't have him rated 1st but I did have him rated as the highest 2 down Dlineman which I can understand how he can be seen as late 1st quality.  As you know I had a list of people I would have liked there instead of Brown (and of course our pick) but that ship has sailed.

"Side note" I tend to remember this draft and relate it to you mainly because we had such similar wants from it and similar projections in the months before. :)

6 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Got it.  You just come across as if he had a 4th round grade from you. 

I actually agree with you on him.  I didn't have him rated 1st but I did have him rated as the highest 2 down Dlineman which I can understand how he can be seen as late 1st quality.  As you know I had a list of people I would have liked there instead of Brown (and of course our pick) but that ship has sailed.

"Side note" I tend to remember this draft and relate it to you mainly because we had such similar wants from it and similar projections in the months before. :)

I think I come across that way because I was so strongly against the 'stud DL that you can't miss on' kind of projections everyone else had on him. Still a good prospect, just wasn't a top 30 guy for me. Top 50, sure. 

I would say Danny Shelton was my #1 2-down DL in that draft. Then Leonard Williams, who has more 3-down ability than both of them, but still is more of a 2-down guy, IMO (and I say that knowing that he had 7 sacks this year). 

This is the first I've heard of Grigson being gone (I'm not a newshound in the offseason). Maybe I'll have to go over to the Colts football forum and get everybody's take. I think it was best, and that keeping Chuck was best. However, I would park his ay double ess on a Marty Schottenheimer sized hotseast, where winning every game your supposed to win is the only option.

On 1/25/2017 at 0:02 PM, BloodyChamp said:

This is the first I've heard of Grigson being gone (I'm not a newshound in the offseason). Maybe I'll have to go over to the Colts football forum and get everybody's take. I think it was best, and that keeping Chuck was best. However, I would park his ay double ess on a Marty Schottenheimer sized hotseast, where winning every game your supposed to win is the only option.

Irsay waited 3 weeks before firing him, long after the rest of the league did Black Monday. For a while it appeared that he was coming back. Pagano is probably gone after this year if they fail to go 8-8. 

On 1/23/2017 at 7:23 PM, southwest1 said:

From Robert Kraft's perspective, the DeFlate Gate scandal cost his franchise draft picks, tarnished his adopted son Tom Brady's reputation, & it forced him to do some damage control as an organization. I expected a hint of anger & resentment in Kraft's reaction to the dismissal of Grigson & I was surprised it was so tame on Robert's behalf. 

I will say one thing though. If NE wins the SB in February, it doesn't extinguish the cloud or suspicion of playing loose with the rules at all. It just means that their coaching staff is elite & their players execute with precision in crunch time. 

As far as Ryan being fired over the weekend, I am pleased with the result, feel bad for his family income wise, but this move needed to be made for the restoration of INDY's NFL prominence overall. 

The media is trying to make something out of the pre SB narrative by hyping a Brady vs. Goodell matchup of some sort.

You are correct. This has no way of undoing the fact that the Pats cheated the rules last year, which was as much about the Pats history of cheating the rules as it was playing with deflated footballs.  A SB win this year does nothing to erase that.