Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else rooting for ATL?

ColtStrong

18 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

I haven't watched many of their games so i don't know anyone other than ryan, julio and freeman. Who else do they have ?

Mohammed Sanu, Tevin Coleman, Taylor Gabriel and two Stanford tight ends that are not known well, Levine Toilolo and Austin Hooper.  

29 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

I haven't watched many of their games so i don't know anyone other than ryan, julio and freeman. Who else do they have ?

Tevin Coleman may be the best running back they have , and Freeman is really good, Coleman can beat you inside the Tackles , to the outside and catching posseses break away speed. There young recievers look great

24 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Tevin Coleman may be the best running back they have , and Freeman is really good, Coleman can beat you inside the Tackles , to the outside and catching posseses break away speed. There young recievers look great

Plus Coleman was a Hoosier, just another reason to root for the Falcons.

The Falcons have two runnings back that could start almost anywhere in the league, coupled with several good receivers.  I do not see a way the Pats can shut down that offense and I have a feeling they will double up on Julio.

I would caution people not to underestimate NE though. I'm not implying fans are necessarily. I'm just saying that BB & Brady can win in so many ways. Blount, Hogan, Develin, Mitchell, Amendola, Edelman. 

This has to be BB's best coaching job I have ever seen & I've watched him closely from his NY Giants DC days. I knew NE was going to annihilate Pittsburgh too. Brady always cuts thru their secondary like butter & if you Blitz Brady he always completes a pass right behind where the defender left. His vacated spot I mean. 

I'm in awe of how the BB reboots every yr & he got to the SB without Gronk. Wow! I've said it before & I'll say it again, experience matters in the SB. Brady's been there 6 times & the guy doesn't panic. 

Atlanta is the cinderella story this yr, but NE is the heavyweight fighter who has seen everything & won't go down. Brady wins ring #5. In my heart, I know that.  

Just now, southwest1 said:

I would caution people not to underestimate NE though. I'm not implying fans are necessarily. I'm just saying that BB & Brady can win in so many ways. Blount, Hogan, Develin, Mitchell, Amendola, Edelman. 

This has to be BB's best coaching job I have ever seen & I've watched him closely from his NY Giants DC days. I knew NE was going to annihilate Pittsburgh too. Brady always cuts thru their secondary like butter & if you Blitz Brady he always completes a pass right behind where the defender left. His vacated spot I mean. 

I'm in awe of how the BB reboots every yr & he got to the SB without Gronk. Wow! I've said it before & I'll say it again, experience matters in the SB. Brady's been there 6 times & the guy doesn't panic. 

Atlanta is the cinderella story this yr, but NE is the heavyweight fighter who has seen everything & won't go down. Brady wins ring #5. In my heart, I know that.  

I think the Pats will win, I want Atlanta but I don't see it. Like you said they can win in so many different ways, they have the best Coach of all-time IMO, and a Top 5/possibly the GOAT at QB. They also have a better Defense compared to Atlanta's. I think Pats win this by 10 to be honest. I'll say 34-24. I was 8-0 regarding my picks but lost both yesterday, so maybe Atlanta can make me eat crow?

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the Pats will win, I want Atlanta but I don't see it. Like you said they can win in so many different ways, they have the best Coach of all-time IMO, and a Top 5/possibly the GOAT at QB. They also have a better Defense compared to Atlanta's. I think Pats win this by 10 to be honest. I'll say 34-24. I was 8-0 regarding my picks but lost both yesterday, so maybe Atlanta can make me eat crow?

Uh huh. TBH with you, I'm really proud of Matt Ryan who finally proved he can hang with the Big Boys meaning RW & Aaron Rogers, but Brady is a whole different cat man. He's tough, driven, clutch, & he always scares the crap out of rivals with the ball in his hands with say 30 seconds left. 

My score: NE 31 ATL 24. Deflate Gate & Spygate aside: Bill & Brady are darn near invincible with 2 weeks of preparation together. Matt Patricia has had a phenomenal yr too. 

Ryan played great against GB but NE is like a adversary that kills you slowly with a thousand paper cuts. 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Uh huh. TBH with you, I'm really proud of Matt Ryan who finally proved he can hang with the Big Boys meaning RW & Aaron Rogers, but Brady is a whole different cat man. He's tough, driven, clutch, & he always scares the crap out of rivals with the ball in his hands with say 30 seconds left. 

My score: NE 31 ATL 24. Deflate Gate & Spygate aside: Bill & Brady are darn near invincible with 2 weeks of preparation together. Matt Patricia has had a phenomenal yr too. 

Ryan played great against GB but NE is like a adversary that kills you slowly with a thousand paper cuts. 

I would love to see Patricia become our HC here. You and I see this SB about the same. I think ATL has enough Offense to put up 24 or so but I bet they have 1 or 2 costly Turnovers and I don't see their Defense stopping the Pats from scoring 30 or so.

For 2 weeks straight, Atlanta's offense will be made out to be the 1999 Rams, and their 27th ranked defense will be "not all that bad". 

The Pats should have no problem with them whatsoever. This isn't the same as the 15-1 Panthers team last year who actually had a top ranked defense. Defenses are winning championships these days, and the Pats have a much better defense this year than Atlanta or any NFC team in the playoffs did. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to see Patricia become our HC here. You and I see this SB about the same. I think ATL has enough Offense to put up 24 or so but I bet they have 1 or 2 costly Turnovers and I don't see their Defense stopping the Pats from scoring 30 or so.

Exactly CBE. There was a time when I was reluctant to take a run at say Josh McDaniels given the fact that former NE coordinators don't fare well outside of Massachusetts, but Matt Patricia knows what the hades he's doing and that's what we need in INDY--An aggressive defense. I wonder if Patricia's look alike would come to Indianapolis too? haha

ne.patricia.look.alike.png 

Yep, NE is just rarely turns the ball over. That's the difference. 

16 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Atlanta has faced back to back crappy opponents in the playoffs. 

A Seattle team who is long past their golden days. The Saints scored on 7 consecutive drives vs Seattle last year. Wasn't a shock Atlanta did the same thing, since their offense is a mirror of ours. Seattle outside their home stadium was incredibly vulnerable this year. 

A Green Bay team who in all honesty, had no business even being there. Injuries and stuff aside, they were the 31st ranked pass defense in the league, and if it weren't for a called back interception from Rodgers late in that game, or Jason Garrett stupidly calling for a spike on the final drive when they got 40 yards in 2 plays, the Packers wouldn't have been there at all and we would've had a much better game with Dallas/Atlanta. 

NE is the more battle tested team than Atlanta getting through a top ranked Texans defense, an average but overrated Steelers team who everyone thought would put a fight. The AFC had better teams this year than the NFC. 

I'm expecting NE to finally get that blow out win in the SB. For the next two weeks, Atlanta will be talked about as if they are the 1999 Rams, but fact remains; defenses win championships. NE has the #1 ranked scoring defense. 6 times the #1 ranked scoring offenses and defenses met in the SB, and 5 out of 6 times, the #1 ranked defense has won that game. 

The NFC was really wide open this year cause Dallas was the true only balanced team who was dominant all season long. They were ranked in 3 out of 4 charts of top ranked defense and offense in scoring and yards. Dallas was the only NFC team who probably matches up well with the Pats. Everyone said Dak wasn't experienced but he wasn't the problem in the Green Bay game. Dak posted an even BETTER passer rating than Rodgers. If it weren't for their bone head coach Jason Garrett, the Cowboys probably would be here. 

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

A Green Bay team who in all honesty, had no business even being there. Injuries and stuff aside, they were the 31st ranked pass defense in the league, and if it weren't for a called back interception from Rodgers late in that game, or Jason Garrett stupidly calling for a spike on the final drive when they got 40 yards in 2 plays, the Packers wouldn't have been there at all and we would've had a much better game with Dallas/Atlanta. 

Yeah, Jordy Nelson was in excruciating pain all game long meaning his concentration would be comprised. Their running game was no threat at all. Their LBs especially Clay Matthews just couldn't get to the QB. And Cook was GB's only legitimate offensive threat. 

I knew GB was screwed at kickoff vs Atlanta & so many family & friends thought I was crazy for saying the Packers run ends today. 

I'm expecting NE to finally get that blow out win in the SB. For the next two weeks, Atlanta will be talked about as if they are the 1999 Rams, but fact remains; defenses win championships. NE has the #1 ranked scoring defense. 6 times the #1 ranked scoring offenses and defenses met in the SB, and 5 out of 6 times, the #1 ranked defense has won that game. 

Exactly Bogie. Defense wins SBs most of the time & besides Dwight Freeney, who on that squad has Championship experience? That's NE's edge: The game won't be too big for them vs Atlanta who will take longer to settle down anxiety wise. 

Plus, NE proved vs the Steelers that they can deviate from their pattern of giving the other team the ball first & still kick your caboose. Hightower & Chung are so good at tackling & Malcolm Butler believes he can contest any throw through the air. 

If it weren't for their bone head coach Jason Garrett, the Cowboys probably would be here. 

Jason Garett is definitely a pathetic head coach or at least a highly overrated one anyway. He's like Pagano. He claps a lot for no good reason just to look like he rallying the troops. He Jason should have been fired like 4 yrs ago, but since I hate Dallas; I hope Jerry Jones is dumb enough to extend his contract for say 5 more yrs at least. LOL! 

My apologies to Colt Strong who started this thread praising the Falcons. You can yell at me if you want for bringing up NE. I will take the heat for it. 

I admire how far Atlanta has come this yr. I never expected them to play in the SB in 2017. HC Dan Quinn has done a marvelous job. I am impressed at how Matt Ryan distributes the ball to so many WRs, TEs, & RBs. I just don't believe the dirty birds will pull it off & get the confetti drop in their favor. Nothing against Falcon fans or their talented roster. But, you don't play in 7 SBs by accident as a Boston based football team. 

It should be a high octane game regardless of which team is left standing. 

A lot of people are underestimating the Falcons. They've beaten two better teams than the Patriots have. They destroyed one of the best defenses in Seattle and they all but shut down the best QB in the NFL against GB (though he had some garbage time stats but the game was way over by that point.)

Who have the Pats beaten? A somewhat average Houston team (with the worst QB in the NFL) who they actually struggled against for almost 3 quarters. And a good Pittsburgh team (but not elite) who lost Bell early in the game. The Pats had one of the easiest routes to the Super Bowl that I've seen in a while.

And absolutely I'm rooting for the Falcons. What Colts fan wouldn't?