Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Grades???

COLTS449

I know our front 7 was dead last

At work a few days ago was listing to some sports radio they were talking about how most the top rushers ran primarily from spread sets . They read off the stats when they ran from spread sets forcing nickel packages vs bigger 2 te sets allowing D to stack the box . 

If anyone is posting ratings could they post these stats

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 9:21 AM, B~Town said:

At work a few days ago was listing to some sports radio they were talking about how most the top rushers ran primarily from spread sets . They read off the stats when they ran from spread sets forcing nickel packages vs bigger 2 te sets allowing D to stack the box . 

I've always wondered exactly who keeps these stats and how they do it...

On 1/22/2017 at 9:14 PM, COLTS449 said:

Would somebody with a subscription post a link or something? The last couple years some posters have. It got taken down quick last year though.

Last year they changed their grading scale to a accommodate the more common-fan.  All you get is a Madden-esque player grade (overall, and position specific, i.e. cornerbacks show overall, coverage, run defense and then snap counts in pass and run).  Unfortunately, they keep the formula confidential to those users as far as I'm aware, so you only get the end equation stats and not all the data used to get there.

It's not as in-depth as it used to be, and if I recall, they took out a lot of their position specific stats.  Well they are still available, but not as part of the $20 per month package.  The old stats are now like $250 a month.  So that's probably why you're not seeing much.  In other words, PFF sold-out.

On 23.1.2017 at 5:21 PM, B~Town said:

Not exactly what you're looking for but if you haven't seen this yet, here's an article on top 10RBs (and some notable ones) against stacked boxes.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000772651/article/jay-ajayi-leads-top10-rbs-against-stacked-boxes