Jonothan Hankins NT

Daryl Washington ILB

Latavius Murray RB

Trades:

Phillip Dorrset for a 5th rounder

Joe Reitz for a 3rd rounder

Trade back in the first with the Seahawks for a second rounde pick

Draft

1. Carl Lawson OLB : Great athleticism and speed him and Ingram would be nightmarish.

2. Jarrad Davis ILB: Great size at 6'2 great all around inside linebacker .

2. Cordea Tankersly CB: Good size good ball skills. Him, Davis and Claiborne would be lockdown .

3. Budda Baker S: Good ball hawking saftey.

3. Curtis Samuel RB: Great speed has great receiving skills is really good.

4. Tanoh Kpassingnon DL: Great size he is raw could be a beast.

4. Dawaune Smoot OLB: He is disruptive and productive.

5. Gabe Marks WR: great size big body deep threat.

5. Josh Augusta NT: Great run stuffer. 

6. BPA

Smoot is at worst a high 2nd round pick. Some think he may sneak into the first. Could probably get Lawson in the 3rd, though I'm not too high on him anyway. Jarrad Davis imo doesn't have the athleticism we need at linebacker, and Tankersley holds a TON. Really like Budda Baker though. 

12 minutes ago, Seanmac90 said:

Smoot is at worst a high 2nd round pick. Some think he may sneak into the first. Could probably get Lawson in the 3rd, though I'm not too high on him anyway. Jarrad Davis imo doesn't have the athleticism we need at linebacker, and Tankersley holds a TON. Really like Budda Baker though. 

I agree on Smoot.  But Jarrad Davis is a beast. Great player.  He can do everything, plenty athletic too.

Doing waaaayyy too much man we need work but this is kinda ridiculous. Dont know how I feel about trading back that far, but definitely not to take Carl Lawson who is injury plagued and stiff as a board turning that corner. Jarrad Davis is a 2 down linebacker no coverage skills. Tank if he's there would be a steal, Budda is nice too needs to bulk tho, CURTIS SAMUEL IS NOT A EVERY DOWN RB so 3rd pick on a wr/rb I hate. Tanoh if he's there would be a steal, Smooth no way he's there and Augusta is nice. We won't get all those free agents we don't have 100 mil we have 60. Joe reitz for a 3rd that's really funny. Phillip for a 5th is a waste. Why does everybody want Walden back? If we re sign him to 6 mil a year, we haven't learned anything! We might as well of kept girgson. Keep incoming free agents simple but impactful, Zach Brown 7-8 mil a year, Logan Ryan 10-12 mil a year, and Brandon Williams 6-8 mil a year and boom we actually have a defense

14 hours ago, Eharv1 said:

Cut: Art Jones, Dqwell Jackson, Kendall Langford, Hugh Thorton

resign: Robert Turbin

Jack Doyle 

Erik Walden

Darius Butler

contract extension: Donte Moncrief

sign: 

Melvin Ingram OLB

Morris Claiborne CB

Kevin Zeitler OG

Jonothan Hankins NT

Daryl Washington ILB

Latavius Murray RB

Trades:

Draft

1. Carl Lawson OLB : Great athleticism and speed him and Ingram would be nightmarish.

2. Cordea Tankersly CB: Good size good ball skills. Him, Davis and Claiborne would be lockdown .

6. BPA

You won`t get Anything for Joe ___ Reitz.  Good grief!

19 hours ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Doing waaaayyy too much man we need work but this is kinda ridiculous. Dont know how I feel about trading back that far, but definitely not to take Carl Lawson who is injury plagued and stiff as a board turning that corner. Jarrad Davis is a 2 down linebacker no coverage skills. Tank if he's there would be a steal, Budda is nice too needs to bulk tho, CURTIS SAMUEL IS NOT A EVERY DOWN RB so 3rd pick on a wr/rb I hate. Tanoh if he's there would be a steal, Smooth no way he's there and Augusta is nice. We won't get all those free agents we don't have 100 mil we have 60. Joe reitz for a 3rd that's really funny. Phillip for a 5th is a waste. Why does everybody want Walden back? If we re sign him to 6 mil a year, we haven't learned anything! We might as well of kept girgson. Keep incoming free agents simple but impactful, Zach Brown 7-8 mil a year, Logan Ryan 10-12 mil a year, and Brandon Williams 6-8 mil a year and boom we actually have a defense

Jarrad Davis is the polar opposite of that lol.

8 hours ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Please give me a game that I can go watch where Jarrad plays good coverage? He is a run stuffer that will get abused in the pass game, but the colts love those guys so we might take him

Vanderbilt game. The fact you said he's the same LB as the ones on our roster now, is just plain wrong lmao. Get educated before you spout off wrong info. 

Skill-Set Summary: There is a ton to like about Davis as he has a lot of talent to play in the NFL. The key to the linebacker position is instincts, and Davis definitely has them. He reads plays quickly and follows his keys to get in position to be around the ball. Not only is Davis natural at getting in the right place, he shows the instincts to go for turnovers and is mindful of trying to take the ball away from the offense. Davis has rare read-and-react skills. He is a fast defender who explodes into the backfield or closes to the flat quickly. Davis has some tremendous closing speed, especially as a blitzer chasing the quarterback. 

In the ground game, Davis is all over the field as a run defender. Routinely, one sees plays where Davis is phenomenal at quickly reading the play and darting into the backfield to blow the play up. Not only does he explode into the backfield, he flies to the sideline, and throws his body around at the line of scrimmage. 

For the most part, Davis is a good tackler and can hit with authority. He can be a little overaggressive and over pursue, but generally he is sound about getting the ball-carrier on the ground. Davis is very physical when hitting backs, quarterbacks, receivers and offensive linemen. He has a good motor as well. 

In the passing game, Davis shows skills and is a dangerous blitzer. He does well picking up receivers in the short to intermediate zone and also has shown some ball skills. Davis could be even better now that he has some experience. 

. Kendall Langford got banged up but he's solid on the DL. Cant see why you would cut him.

. Hugh Thornton is a FA anyway, no need to cut.

. Need to account for Mewhort's extension as well as Crief's

. Ingram is solid, Claiborne will be expensive and after 1 decent year, cant see Zeitler leaving Cincy and if he does he's going to paiiiiiid, Daryl Washington wont take much of a pay cut (nor should he) and he's making about $8mil per. Choose 2 out of those 4 I think to make it more realistic. The others im good with.

. Dorsett has little to no trade value, maybe a 6th. Reitz is a 31yo old swing backup lineman. Any Exec that give us a 3rd for him should be instantly drug tested. A 6/7 at absolute most. I'm not sure we'd even find a trade partner for him.

. Lawson is good, Davis is trending to the mid-to-late 1st, Tankersley is fine, Budda is likely a 2nd round guy. There'll be better RBs than Samuels available at that point. You'd be lucky to get Smoot in the 2nd. Kpassignon will be someone who gets overdrafted, he's very raw though. Marks and Augusta are fine.  

10 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Vanderbilt game. The fact you said he's the same LB as the ones on our roster now, is just plain wrong lmao. Get educated before you spout off wrong info. 

Skill-Set Summary: There is a ton to like about Davis as he has a lot of talent to play in the NFL. The key to the linebacker position is instincts, and Davis definitely has them. He reads plays quickly and follows his keys to get in position to be around the ball. Not only is Davis natural at getting in the right place, he shows the instincts to go for turnovers and is mindful of trying to take the ball away from the offense. Davis has rare read-and-react skills. He is a fast defender who explodes into the backfield or closes to the flat quickly. Davis has some tremendous closing speed, especially as a blitzer chasing the quarterback. 

In the ground game, Davis is all over the field as a run defender. Routinely, one sees plays where Davis is phenomenal at quickly reading the play and darting into the backfield to blow the play up. Not only does he explode into the backfield, he flies to the sideline, and throws his body around at the line of scrimmage. 

For the most part, Davis is a good tackler and can hit with authority. He can be a little overaggressive and over pursue, but generally he is sound about getting the ball-carrier on the ground. Davis is very physical when hitting backs, quarterbacks, receivers and offensive linemen. He has a good motor as well. 

In the passing game, Davis shows skills and is a dangerous blitzer. He does well picking up receivers in the short to intermediate zone and also has shown some ball skills. Davis could be even better now that he has some experience. 

Ohhhh look at you with your Lil Walter football break down okayyyyyy haha. I'll go straight to your point of instincts, Jarrad is super aggressive and ultimately makes big plays in the running game, can he cover the flat sure, can he drop in a 10 yard zone sure but that's not all your asked to do at the next level. He's instinctually an aggressive player who i see bite on play action consistently, get caught up watching the QB moving in the pocket appose to the man running through his zone. Question my scouting abilities that's fine, I know I'm great. But a "complete" linebacker is something I'm not ganna label Jarrad Davis, McMillan, even ruben foster. 

6 minutes ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Ohhhh look at you with your Lil Walter football break down okayyyyyy haha. I'll go straight to your point of instincts, Jarrad is super aggressive and ultimately makes big plays in the running game, can he cover the flat sure, can he drop in a 10 yard zone sure but that's not all your asked to do at the next level. He's instinctually an aggressive player who i see bite on play action consistently, get caught up watching the QB moving in the pocket appose to the man running through his zone. Question my scouting abilities that's fine, I know I'm great. But a "complete" linebacker is something I'm not ganna label Jarrad Davis, McMillan, even ruben foster. 

Youre great at scouting, but earlier said Davis is a 2 down thumper.. That's just wrong, so you're obviously not that great. You asked for a tape of him covering, I gave it to ya. This is definitely a lost cause. 

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Youre great at scouting, but earlier said Davis is a 2 down thumper.. That's just wrong, so you're obviously not that great. You asked for a tape of him covering, I gave it to ya. This is definitely a lost cause. 

I'm done too I'll just say 1 last thing. I watched the tape, he had a hell of a game in the run game,pushed out of his gap if few times but I see the instinct you refer too. But if your ganna tell me that one tipped ball on the first series of the game justifies him being adequate in coverage, we simply disagree(: Again like I've seen in other game bites on almost every play action, becuz he's reading his line keys which make him a great run stuffer. Also its where you want to take him I have a problem with not the prospect. 14/15 is way to rich, if he's sitting at 40 something, I'd welcome the pick very much a huge upgrade from Edwin or Antonio, but you need to put Jarrad next to an athlete that can cover better

28 minutes ago, I'm mad, bro said:

I'm done too I'll just say 1 last thing. I watched the tape, he had a hell of a game in the run game,pushed out of his gap if few times but I see the instinct you refer too. But if your ganna tell me that one tipped ball on the first series of the game justifies him being adequate in coverage, we simply disagree(: Again like I've seen in other game bites on almost every play action, becuz he's reading his line keys which make him a great run stuffer. Also its where you want to take him I have a problem with not the prospect. 14/15 is way to rich, if he's sitting at 40 something, I'd welcome the pick very much a huge upgrade from Edwin or Antonio, but you need to put Jarrad next to an athlete that can cover better

1 last thing for me too. His job was mainly to play around the box, he wasn't asked to cover a lot so take that into consideration.  And I'd take him at #15 before a rb. Just drilling in my point that I want a defensive prospect in the 1st and not a skill position. 

Poe

Abouye

Perry

I'd go after Poe, matching him up with Parry and Ridgeway (danger). I'd move Anderson to the edge. Go after Abouye "lightly", he probably wants stupid money and I wouldn't do it based on 1 year. But I'd also be in talks with Trumaine Johnson. Sign Perry to a 3 to 4 yr deal at a reasonable number and Draft for the future (Defense that is).

Trade back in the first round and take Solomon Thomas 1st round

Takk Mckinley 2nd round (injury cause teams to pass)

Tim Williams 2nd round (if he's still there due to the weed)

Cameron Sutton 3rd round (physical and instinctive) 

Wayne Gallman 4th round (reminds me of L. Bell)

The remaining picks get used on the offensive line. The compensatory picks are icing on the cake. That's spending wisely and getting your franchise back to what its known for "Superbowl Runs".

~MY OPINION~  but feel free to dissect or criticize. My skin thick

16 minutes ago, Mr_486lo said:

Poe

Abouye

Perry

I'd go after Poe, matching him up with Parry and Ridgeway (danger). I'd move Anderson to the edge. Go after Abouye "lightly", he probably wants stupid money and I wouldn't do it based on 1 year. But I'd also be in talks with Trumaine Johnson. Sign Perry to a 3 to 4 yr deal at a reasonable number and Draft for the future (Defense that is).

The remaining picks get used on the offensive line. The compensatory picks are icing on the cake. That's spending wisely and getting your franchise back to what its known for "Superbowl Runs".

What Anderson are you talking about moving to EDGE???

3 hours ago, Mr_486lo said:

Henry Anderson. He played a lot of DT for us sometimes DE. Shed a few pounds and stay healthy he's a beast

No. He is a defensive linemen. He needs to get healthy and stay there. He has shown no ability whatsoever to play EDGE rusher.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:31 PM, Eharv1 said:

Cut: Art Jones, Dqwell Jackson, Kendall Langford, Hugh Thorton

resign: Robert Turbin

Jack Doyle 

Erik Walden

Darius Butler

contract extension: Donte Moncrief

sign: 

Melvin Ingram OLB

Morris Claiborne CB

Kevin Zeitler OG

Jonothan Hankins NT

Daryl Washington ILB

Latavius Murray RB

Trades:

Draft

6. BPA

I like this draft and free agency if we did this I believe this team is a contender again in either next year or the year after.

8 hours ago, I'm mad, bro said:

Foster is the best ILB prospect to come out since Kuechly. What don't you like about his game? I'd love to get him but he's going top 10. 

I agree Davis has a tendency to get sucked In on any kind of run action but I love his athleticism something sorely lacked on our roster. 

McMillan Cunningham, Davis and Walker all have holes in their games but any would help our D. A sleeper I am really starting to like is Marquel Lee. 

We have to upgrade our LB's not just the Edge. I would love to grab an ILB in the draft also. I think it's a no brainer to bring in at least one in free agency. I like Hodges and AJ Klein will be looking for someone to give him a chance to start.  

7 hours ago, Mr_486lo said:

Poe

Abouye

Perry

I don't think we get all that in FA. Have you ever seen us sign 3 of the top FA's? It's possible none of the 3 are even there.

I don't think we pursue a FA CB with a corner class like this and the Robinson signing. Davis is in the final year of his contract so we need to draft a CB early and  I'd be fine taking a second day 3. I think we start the year with Davis Melvin and Robinson. 

I think we need to focus on our LB's in FA as well as the draft. We have to have the worst LB's in the league. Edge is obvious but you seemed to ignore ILB all together.

We need bring in an ILB and an OLB in FA. I would like to see us sign Hodges and get lucky on Ingram or Perry. I think we bring in an Edge regardless. 

As far as the draft I think you will might have trouble getting Thomas at 15 don't think he's there in a trade back. I could see Williams or McKinley in the 2nd and Sutton in 3rd. I'm not sure Gallam is there in the 4th. Let's just say they are. 

If we go Thomas, Williams, Sutton. Gallam as you suggest Then with the Fleener  extra 4th grab an OG like Dunker 5th Lee ILB 6th Langley CB/PR. I think something like that put us on the right track.

I could get behind dropping money on a monster for the DL. I just don't see it happening.

I'm all for dropping back in the first provide a player like Foster or Hooker doesn't fall to us. I'd take 

Foster is great against the run, will lead the league in tackles some day. Show some respect to the best and most versatile ILB in football tho my dude! You see Luke in Ruben? Please let me know the game where he covered TEs down the deep middle of a cover 2. I've seen every game from this year, and its not is athleticism but lack of understanding. Could he develop, sure, but I really cant see your comparison to Luke.

Not familiar with Hodges I'll watch some tape. Def don't want AJ Klein, bad athlete and doesn't do anything Edwin can't do. And I want to upgrade from Edwin, AJs not that. I think the only ILB worth anything is Zach Brown. Give that man 8-10 mil/yr. Manti teo maybe, but again not the athlete we need. 

I know its not likely but what if we were able to land Le'Veon Bell? With the recent news about Big Ben considering retirement, and the steelers not being happy with Antonio Brown, what if they were to split up? How I see it happening is if Big Ben decides to retire, Antonio Brown will want out knowing with Landry Jones as his QB he will become like DeAndre Hopkins with Brock Osweiler. It will be in both the steelers and AB's best interests to trade him. Now Le'Veon Bell is becoming a free agent and he has already said he wants to stay a steeler, but with Big Ben and AB gone, maybe he will want to go to a team that could be a contender. Steelers are going to franchise tag him, but he could pull a Josh Norman and go to a different team. 

I think Big Ben will come back for one more year, and I don't think this scenario is even remotely likely, but with all the recent news regarding the big three I can't help but wonder. 

I tried starting a new topic, but couldn't do it for some reason, so I'll just leave this here.