NFC Championship: Packers at Falcons Game Thread

Luck is Good

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's not at all what I saw

He ripped off a strapped helmet with one hand..

come on

You and I are almost always on the same page....

....however,  what I saw was Aaron rip the helmet off.     I don't know if it was intentional, or if his hand got caught, or whatever,  but he clearly had a hold of the helmet and OFF IT CAME..   

7 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I would not have agreed with this before today. But what Atlanta did today against the Packers (and Seahawks last week) they have made me a believer. It would still be tough against NE but not impossible

Even with a half dozen drops..they still rolled ..just 2 punts all day..

.......the defensive secondary isn't great but they do average 34 a game

17 minutes ago, Gramz said:

You and I are almost always on the same page....

....however,  what I saw was Aaron rip the helmet off.     I don't know if it was intentional, or if his hand got caught, or whatever,  but he clearly had a hold of the helmet and OFF IT CAME..   

He did.

But running backs have done that for decades....its not called .

Watch any good runner...

The offensive player gets away with face masking the defender. I hate it ITs unsafe. But its true.

The idea that Rodgers tried to rip his helmet off ...you hav e to admit its far fetched

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

He did.

Watch any good runner...

The offensive player gets away with face masking the defender. I hate it ITs unsafe. But its true.

The idea that Rodgers tried to rip his helmet off ...you hav e to admit its far fetched

Agree.   I said in my earlier post that I wasn't sure that it was intentional, but the end result was the same. He ripped the helmet off.   

Game over now...   haha     Let's go to the Pats/Steelers thread.   and Go Falcons in the SB.   :)

52 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He did.

Watch any good runner...

I can't recall a single time a running back pulled a defenders helmet off

Go Falcons.  That said, the Pats take away your strength better than anybody has EVER.  Belichick is the glue that makes it all go, and he will devise a plan to slow them down.  The only question is will it be enough?  My guess is yes, but we will see in 2 weeks.  I'm hoping for a blowout by the Falcons but would settle for an OT win.

On January 22, 2017 at 3:20 PM, coltsfansince65 said:

Weakest sack of all time

Yeah, that ankle tackle on Aaron Rogers looked so sad to me. I was like I know strange falls happen all the time in the NFL on elite QBs, but come on, to get sacked like that was just beyond lame. Not a great day for Discount Double Check man. LOL! 

On January 22, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Luck is Good said:

HOLY HELL

When Mr. "Your house is on fire" threw that hail mary inspired pick, I was like finally Rogers risk taking caught up with him & took the Pack down. I burst out laughing. 

I know you were referring to Julio Jones there LIG, but to me, that ill timed turnover by GB made my night. 

5 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Yeah, that ankle tackle on Aaron Rogers looked so sad to me. I was like I know strange falls happen all the time in the NFL on elite QBs, but come on, to get sacked like that was just beyond lame. Not a great day for Discount Double Check man. LOL! 

When Mr. "Your house is on fire" threw that hail mary inspired pick, I was like finally Rogers risk taking caught up with him & took the Pack down. I burst out laughing. 

I know you were referring to Julio Jones there LIG, but to me, that ill timed turnover by GB made my night. 

I'm not nitpicking SW1 but wasn't that turnover well into the game when the outcome was not in doubt?