Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

fire alarm gate?

CR91

On 1/22/2017 at 0:05 PM, MPStack said:

Are folks implying that the Patriots cheated?

well the word cheating and patriots are symbolis haha, but no I dont think anyone is blaming the pats. Apparently this is common

48 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Are folks implying that the Patriots cheated?

I am. It does not seem to happen with other teams. One fan of the NY Jets has gone to every Jets game (at home and on the road) in the past 10 or so years. He stays in the same hotel as the Jets. He is one of the most respected fans to call on the local sports radio station (he is one of my favorites and I don't like the Jets). He shared today that this false alarm trick has happened a few times on nights before the Jets were going to play the Pats. He said it has not occurred when they have played other teams. That's telling.

Today, long time special teams coach Mike Westhoff accused the Pats of cheating in ways that other teams don't. He reported that when Eric Mangini was first hired as head coach of the Jets, Mangini accidentally revealed that he had seen the Jets playbook when he was at NE. He shared that he was left with an uneasy feeling after that coversation with Mangini. 

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I am. It does not seem to happen with other teams. One fan of the NY Jets has gone to every Jets game (at home and on the road) in the past 10 or so years. He stays in the same hotel as the Jets. He is one of the most respected fans to call on the local sports radio station (he is one of my favorites and I don't like the Jets). He shared today that this false alarm trick has happened a few times on nights before the Jets were going to play the Pats. He said it has not occurred when they have played other teams. That's telling.

Today, long time special teams coach Mike Westhoff accused the Pats of cheating in ways that other teams don't. He reported that when Eric Mangini was first hired as head coach of the Jets, Mangini accidentally revealed that he had seen the Jets playbook when he was at NE. He shared that he was left with an uneasy feeling after that coversation with Mangini. 

Apparently false alarms arent important in NE. In other parts of the country it is VERY serious and real law enforcement pursues the culprits.  Its pretty easy today to trace things.

maybe thats why Tom "lost" his phone.  Gisele was getting ahold of it on the eve of games.  I can hear Tom now talking thru a fan to disguise his voice. haha 

3 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

I was in a hotel that caught fire once...

It was no joke...

Anyone who would do this to benefit thier favorite team is an absolute ******* *****. I am a career firefighter and we respond on a daily basis to false alarms, mainly pull stations. We treat EVERY fire alarm as if it's a real fire, but unfortunately tenants become complacent, and complacency kills..... I have seen the result of it. 

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:52 AM, NFLfan said:

And most people defend them over DeflateGate, calling it a witch hunt by Goodell or in some way this was Goodell's way of getting the Pats back over SpyGate. For 1 thing, Goodell isn't going to waste a way millions dollars on an investigation and going to court over something he didn't he feel was legit. 2, he isn't going to throw 1 of the faces of the NFL under a bus (Tom Brady) if it wasn't legit - that would make the league look bad. No Commissioner in their right mind would do that. Eventhough they beat us 45-7, that isn't the point and never had been. It could've been 100-0 but they still clearly cheated unless you have Tom blinders on. The integrity of the game the way it was played on the field was in question, so Goodell did what was necessary. Brady got suspended 4 games and they lost 2 Draft picks = Guilty yo Honor!

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

And most people defend them over DeflateGate, calling it a witch hunt by Goodell or in some way this was Goodell's way of getting the Pats back over SpyGate. For 1 thing, Goodell isn't going to waste a way millions dollars on an investigation and going to court over something he didn't he feel was legit. 2, he isn't going to throw 1 of the faces of the NFL under a bus (Tom Brady) if it wasn't legit - that would make the league look bad. No Commissioner in their right mind would do that. Eventhough they beat us 45-7, that isn't the point and never had been. It could've been 100-0 but they still clearly cheated unless you have Tom blinders on. The integrity of the game the way it was played on the field was in question, so Goodell did what was necessary. Brady got suspended 4 games and they lost 2 Draft picks = Guilty yo Honor!

I agree 100%. I think they are still doing things to cheat. After listening to what the former Dolphins/Jets coach Mike Westhoff and that Jets fan shared, I am even more convinced that the Pats will do anything to win. I would not be surprised to learn one day that the Pats paid off NFL officials.

I was in favor of the punishment, but there are many people who believe Goodell went too far. These fans dislike Goodell so much that they are rooting for Brady and the Pats to win the SB just to show it to Goodell.

I hope the Falcons win in 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I agree 100%. I think they are still doing things to cheat. After listening to what the former Dolphins/Jets coach Mike Westhoff and that Jets fan shared, I am even more convinced that the Pats will do anything to win. I would not be surprised to learn one day that the Pats paid off NFL officials.

I was in favor of the punishment, but there are many people who believe Goodell went too far. These fans dislike Goodell so much that they are rooting for Brady and the Pats to win the SB just to show it to Goodell.

I hope the Falcons win in 2 weeks.

Most of the people that think DeflateGate was a farce probably never played competitive sports and was never on the side of being cheated in anything important. If they had they would understand why Goodell did what he did. Any Amateur sports or College sports if someone cheats they get stripped of their accomplishments and their wins. It's an automatic forfeit. I see it all the time in Division 1 College sports where teams get wins taken away because they cheated/violated rules.

On 1/22/2017 at 0:52 PM, NFLfan said:

Roflmao that last part I have heard a lot. Sadly the Jets playbook changes every couple of years since well they change coaches that often so why would they be showing a playbook to the new HC? (for example I doubt the Tuna kept anything from their old playbook and installed his own.. )

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most of the people that think DeflateGate was a farce probably never played competitive sports and was never on the side of being cheated in anything important. If they had they would understand why Goodell did what he did. Any Amateur sports or College sports if someone cheats they get stripped of their accomplishments and their wins. It's an automatic forfeit. I see it all the time in Division 1 College sports where teams get wins taken away because they cheated/violated rules.

Well you would be wrong I played Hockey from the age of 4 till I. Lew my knee out in college my Sophmore year.

i think anyone who thinks Deflategate wasn't a farce was lazy and never looked any deeper than what the NFL and their cronies told them was true. 

55 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Well you would be wrong I played Hockey from the age of 4 till I. Lew my knee out in college my Sophmore year.

i think anyone who thinks Deflategate wasn't a farce was lazy and never looked any deeper than what the NFL and their cronies told them was true. 

Let's not talk about Deflate Gate anymore.  

The kid that did this was an * and a punk.  He should be made and example of imo.  

This kind of stuff happens in other cities and has happened to the pats on different occasions.  It does not make what happened to the Steelers right, but it does point out that these types of pranks are not isolated to east of the Hudson River.