Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pat Mcaffe did not hold back about Grigson LOL

ColtsPacersfan

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, dudeski said:

he is an employee of the colts and should keep his mouth shut about it.  

Ha, I am sure he isn't too concerned about recieving any discipline, as his acting boss just got walking papers...

While some may consider his tweets less than appropriate, it is somewhat telling of the environment that has been created within the franchise.

Just now, Buck Showalter said:

Ha, I am sure he isn't too concerned about recieving any discipline, as his acting boss just got walking papers...

While some may consider his tweets less than appropriate, it is somewhat telling of the environment that has been created within the franchise.

Exactly, who cares what he has to say about Grigson. Grigson is no longer his boss. Pat can say whatever he wants about him now.

8 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

is he still cashing his paychecks from the colts?

you don't publicly trash employees or former employees.  

i believe it is called class

4 minutes ago, dudeski said:

you don't publicly trash employees or former employees publicly.  

100% correct, it may have lacked a level of class, but coming from Pat who has built a reputation for being a pretty outgoing and extremely giving and charitable guy, I'll give McAfee a pass on this one... As I'm sure those who have benefited from the guys charity will as well...

The funny thing is that, 'that outlook' is the take-away, some will leave with, instead of considering what it says in the bigger picture about the state of the franchise, and why fans should be glad Irsay is moving forward...

8 minutes ago, dudeski said:

you don't publicly trash employees or former employees.  

In most cases, I would agree, but If Reggie responds the way he did, you, Grigson, have no class, and deserve no respect.  

Ever heard Reggie, Pat or anyone involved go off on another NFL player or employee in a similar way?  Pat is a funny drunk.  The guy is not vicious in the least.  Reggie, as well, is a quiet, good guy.

28 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

100% correct, it may have lacked a level of class, but coming from Pat who has built a reputation for being a pretty outgoing and extremely giving and charitable guy, I'll give McAfee a pass on this one... As I'm sure those who have benefited from the guys charity will as well...

The funny thing is that, 'that outlook' is the take-away, some will leave with, instead of considering what it says in the bigger picture about the state of the franchise, and why fans should be glad Irsay is moving forward...

giving to charity (when you are a millionaire and need tax write offs) does not make it ok to speak ill of the organization you work for no reason.  just be happy and keep your mouth shut.  

players have a personal investment in the team.  grigson or any gm has to make business decisions that probably * off the players.  they cut their friends, don't give them the contract they want, or what have you.  there are many reason why players could be mad about grigson that is emotional and doesn't take into account the business aspect of the sport.  

when they do this it hurts grisons, and the colts to an extent, public image and may be a detriment to him finding a new job to support his family.  how would these players like it if grigson went to the media now and talked % on them for things?  

mcafee should shut his mouth.  

4 minutes ago, dudeski said:

giving to charity (when you are a millionaire and need tax write offs) does not make it ok to speak ill of the organization you work for no reason.  just be happy and keep your mouth shut.  

players have a personal investment in the team.  grigson or any gm has to make business decisions that probably * off the players.  they cut their friends, don't give them the contract they want, or what have you.  there are many reason why players could be mad about grigson that is emotional and doesn't take into account the business aspect of the sport.  

when they do this it hurts grisons, and the colts to an extent, public image and may be a detriment to him finding a new job to support his family.  how would these players like it if grigson went to the media now and talked % on them for things?  

Yeah it's funny because I hate Grigson but this is 100% correct. 

Just now, dudeski said:

I am not going to engage in a converstion about "class" with you...

Regardless of how you feel about Pagano, you lose the privilege to discuss class when you encourage the inappropriate joking of a man's battle with a potentially fatal disease...

5 minutes ago, dudeski said:

Obviously Grigson was a bigger * than the average GM or so many players would not have slammed him. 

Who cares what he sad about his EX-boss. It didn't reflect badly on the organization IMO. Good for Pat. 

24 minutes ago, dudeski said:

Technically he doesn't work for the organization anymore. 

28 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

I am not going to engage in a converstion about "class" with you...

Regardless of how you feel about Pagano, you lose the privilege to discuss class when you encourage the inappropriate joking of a man's battle with a potentially fatal disease...

i have never joked about cancer.  lost a lot of family members to it and had it myself as a kid.  

25 minutes ago, esmort said:

Obviously Grigson was a bigger * than the average GM or so many players would not have slammed him. 

Who cares what he sad about his EX-boss. It didn't reflect badly on the organization IMO. Good for Pat. 

it does and shouldn't be tolerated now.  irsay should not allow it to go on.

i am sure you don't understand.  a lot of people lack common integrity and ethics these days

7 minutes ago, dudeski said:

i am sure you don't understand.  a lot of people lack common integrity and ethics these days

I would bet the vast majority of people do not feel his remarks reflected badly on the organization. (you are in a small minority).  

He didn't lie or do anything immoral so it has nothing to do with integrity. As far as ethics that is debatable as well as you are applying your morals to it... Sounds more like you are just a person who likes to feel morally superior; rather than everyone else lacking integrity and ethics. 

30 minutes ago, dudeski said:

It's Saturday night.  After a communal  state-wide six pack(or more) I've yet to encounter, text, or interact through social media another human being(Colts fan) who doesn't feel the same way way Pat or Reggie do.

33 minutes ago, dudeski said:

nm...

...other than the glorious fact Grigson is gone.

19 minutes ago, esmort said:

I would bet the vast majority of people do not feel his remarks reflected badly on the organization. (you are in a small minority).  

He didn't lie or do anything immoral so it has nothing to do with integrity. As far as ethics that is debatable as well as you are applying your morals to it... Sounds more like you are just a person who likes to feel morally superior; rather than everyone else lacking integrity and ethics. 

at one point in our history, the vast majority thought slavery was cool.  the vast majority isn't always correct.

what did mcafee gain by publicly celebrating a man (his former boss who i believe signed him to a multi-million dollar contact)  losing his job?  did he hurt grigson?  yeah.  he very well could have.  

did grigson go on social media and + at mcafee when he shanked a punt?  did polian ridicule mcafee when he was arrested?  

nothing to do with integrity?  isn't integrity all about doing the right thing? about being a bigger man?  you blast this dude now, after he is gone?  why not last year when he was still here?  or 2 weeks ago?  

you people may like mcafee and hate grigson and that is fine.  you are fans.  but as decent humans, you and mcafee are wrong.  

6 minutes ago, dudeski said:

at one point in our history, the vast majority thought slavery was cool.  the vast majority isn't always correct.

what did mcafee gain by publicly celebrating a man (his former boss who i believe signed him to a multi-million dollar contact)  losing his job?  did he hurt grigson?  yeah.  he very well could have.  

did grigson go on social media and + at mcafee when he shanked a punt?  did polian ridicule mcafee when he was arrested?  

nothing to do with integrity?  isn't integrity all about doing the right thing? about being a bigger man?  you blast this dude now, after he is gone?  why not last year when he was still here?  or 2 weeks ago?  

you people may like mcafee and hate grigson and that is fine.  you are fans.  but as decent humans, you and mcafee are wrong.  

Continuing the hypocritical posts with bravado???

2 hours ago, dudeski said:

You know, perspective can be a great thing.  When this originally hit today I kind of chuckled about it because that was what I was feeling too, as many are here.  But the way you put this has changed my mind on it.  I too think it would have been better for him to keep quiet.  Say it at home, say it to your close friends and family, say it in the locker room, but don't go public with it.  As you said, I'm sure he wouldn't like it if the shoe were on the other foot.  Great point.

3 hours ago, dudeski said:

he is an employee of the colts and should keep his mouth shut about it.  

Yea i agree but if this was felt by all, they all will get relief from this. 

Pat being Pat with his humorous edge makes it less the way you mean in my eyes.

if everyone from pagano to the hot dog vendor was thinking it then its a good thing. It exorcises our demons hopefully.

my mother was stuck on a plane earlier (huge 3 hour and 40 minute delay - had to even de-plane) and was sitting next to a former Colts player (as recent as 2015 roster) and said Grigson was arrogant (wow, breaking news I know) but I'm sure she garnered a few more details as well, can't wait to talk to her in more depth.  I don't think there is a player that would say otherwise, they are just not going to tweet it or talk about it publicly like RW said. 

1 hour ago, dudeski said:

everything i have said was right.  and i forgive you for your earlier statement.

but we both know i am right about this.  everyone does.  

No, you're right, and I think most of us understand it.

But I don't think badly of Pat. He seems to be a vocal and emotional guy, and social media is just too handy sometimes.

I know there's been more than once in my life I've blurted out something I felt regret about later.

47 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Irrelevant to the topic.

Bed time, my friend. 

I'll give you a shout when Grigson gets his next job...

Of course, with future employment we're probably talking about assembling a Big Mac or possibly something preternatural.

8 minutes ago, buccolts said:

No, you're right, and I think most of us understand it.

But I don't think badly of Pat. He seems to be a vocal and emotional guy, and social media is just too handy sometimes.

I know there's been more than once in my life I've blurted out something I felt regret about later.

of course you don't.  you are a fan.  you laugh at his jokes.  you just smile and say "oh what a great guy"

but you don't get that tony dungy wouldn't have done it.  manning wouldn't have done it.  

mcafee is out for attention.  he wants an audience.  he pays attention to the fanbase.  he knows what will play well.