Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

GM Candidates, including Jimmy Raye (merge)

ColtsStrong86

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been saying this on the Grigson fired thread all along. I say the most likely thing to happen is Raye being promoted to GM and having the choice of keeping or firing Pagano. 

What is the alternative? Peyton (not happening guys, not unless someone works with him for a year or two or more)? Gruden (ship has sailed imo)? other GM candidates (we would have heard rumors and no way he does so without a formal interview or meeting)? 

30 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

That would suck...

Come on.....

You have no idea if it would suck.

You don't know Jimmy Raye or what he wants to do or if he ever disagreed with Grigson?

He might be good.

I'm not saying he should be promoted....     I'm just saying we don't know if he'd be bad....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Come on.....

You have no idea if it would suck.

You don't know Jimmy Raye or what he wants to do or if he ever disagreed with Grigson?

He might be good.

I'm not saying he should be promoted....     I'm just saying we don't know if he'd be bad....

If we a changing I want a complete clean start nobody associated with old regime...Gruden and Manning or the Shanahans would be great..

52 minutes ago, ColtsStrong86 said:

Think Jimmy Raye may be be stepping in as GM given the fact that he interviewed for San Fran's GM? Irsay seems methodical, so I'm sure he has someone lined up.

Possible.  Only thing that i would find odd about this is why it would have taken this long to make that move. Could have done that weeks ago. Unless the Manning negotiations are what pushed it this far back?  How about Manning and Raye working together, i like the sound of that lol.

6 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Possible.  Only thing that i would find odd about this is why it would have taken this long to make that move. Could have done that weeks ago. Unless the Manning negotiations are what pushed it this far back?  How about Manning and Raye working together, i like the sound of that lol.

Raye steps into Ryan's job, and Peyton steps into Raye's old job. Pagano to be reevaluated. That's what I'm thinking.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/15/nfl-general-manager-candidates-2017

Chris Ballard seems like an interesting candidate.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Didn't irsay say raye and him are gonna look for another gm?

He said Raye will be interviewed for the spot.  I think Raye is going to be the interim GM since he and Pagano are going to the Senior Bowl on Monday