Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtsStrong86

GM Candidates, including Jimmy Raye (merge)

Think Jimmy Raye may be be stepping in as GM given the fact that he interviewed for San Fran's GM? Irsay seems methodical, so I'm sure he has someone lined up.

I have been saying this on the Grigson fired thread all along. I say the most likely thing to happen is Raye being promoted to GM and having the choice of keeping or firing Pagano. 

What is the alternative? Peyton (not happening guys, not unless someone works with him for a year or two or more)? Gruden (ship has sailed imo)? other GM candidates (we would have heard rumors and no way he does so without a formal interview or meeting)? 

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Wasn't it Raye who was instrumental in the aquisition of Daniel Adongo?

You've asked this before. What makes you think that's the case?

I think this might be the most team-friendly option if Pagano and his coaches are retained.

30 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

That would suck...

Come on.....

You have no idea if it would suck.

You don't know Jimmy Raye or what he wants to do or if he ever disagreed with Grigson?

He might be good.

I'm not saying he should be promoted....     I'm just saying we don't know if he'd be bad....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Come on.....

You have no idea if it would suck.

You don't know Jimmy Raye or what he wants to do or if he ever disagreed with Grigson?

He might be good.

I'm not saying he should be promoted....     I'm just saying we don't know if he'd be bad....

If we a changing I want a complete clean start nobody associated with old regime...Gruden and Manning or the Shanahans would be great..

52 minutes ago, ColtsStrong86 said:

Think Jimmy Raye may be be stepping in as GM given the fact that he interviewed for San Fran's GM? Irsay seems methodical, so I'm sure he has someone lined up.

Possible.  Only thing that i would find odd about this is why it would have taken this long to make that move. Could have done that weeks ago. Unless the Manning negotiations are what pushed it this far back?  How about Manning and Raye working together, i like the sound of that lol.

6 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Possible.  Only thing that i would find odd about this is why it would have taken this long to make that move. Could have done that weeks ago. Unless the Manning negotiations are what pushed it this far back?  How about Manning and Raye working together, i like the sound of that lol.

Raye steps into Ryan's job, and Peyton steps into Raye's old job. Pagano to be reevaluated. That's what I'm thinking.

28 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I think this might be the most team-friendly option if Pagano and his coaches are retained.

...and I'm sure he has some input in our recent picks,,..which were good

Sounds like a lot of the Grigson exit was powered by personality

Actually, the more I think about it the more I'm okay with it.

He has a lot of experience and did some good things with the Chargers. And he's well liked.

Now that Trump is President, maybe it's ok to be indelicate and ask, Was Raye a serious candidate for 49ers or the token minority interviewee?

16 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Now that Trump is President, maybe it's ok to be indelicate and ask, Was Raye a serious candidate for 49ers or the token minority interviewee?

no..look up Jimmy Raye and Jimmy Raye III

Irsay just said in his presser "Coach Pagano will be going to be working closely with Jimmy Raye" and sounds like the 2 of them are heading to the senior bowl together next week.

I'll do it!! Or we could petition for the Forum to be in charge! lol

Seriously though by the way Irsay was talking I think that Jimmy Raye will be our GM

If Pagano is indeed coming back it really won't matter much, at least for 2017.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/12/15/nfl-general-manager-candidates-2017

Chris Ballard seems like an interesting candidate.

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Didn't irsay say raye and him are gonna look for another gm?

He said Raye will be interviewed for the spot.  I think Raye is going to be the interim GM since he and Pagano are going to the Senior Bowl on Monday

7 minutes ago, corgi said:

If Pagano is indeed coming back it really won't matter m, at least for 2017.

Nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Don't matter with pags coming back.

Nonsense.