Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Well, we are replacing A coach just not THE Coach.....

Jackie Daytona

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

He didnt coach him!!!!!

Some of you think that any former Colts player can be a coach....  Peyton as OC, Robert Mathis as LB coach...   Maybe we can get Edge as RB coach and Booger as the Oline coach....  AND they can do it for a home town discount  HAHAHA!!!!!!!!  DUMB!!!!!

So you're apparently unaware that most current coaches are former players?

1 hour ago, MTC said:

I wonder if the firing has to do with Phillip Dorsett. 

I thought the WRs (Hilton, Moncrief, and even Rogers) played all played above their expectations. 

Moncrief didn't, even when he was on the field.  His yards per game was terrible even for a #2.  That's a big reason why TY got so many yards.   He was a red zone target but outside of the red zone he wasn't helping the Colts advance the ball or get first downs much.  

Rogers I will grant probably played above expectations, but a team's passing game lives mostly on the performance of it's top 3 guys and 2 of those guys severely under performed and put a ton of pressure on the #1 guy.  The fact that the #4 guy did better then expected isn't exactly job saving.  

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

Moncrief didn't, even when he was on the field.  His yards per game was terrible even for a #2.  That's a big reason why TY got so many yards.  

Rogers I will grant probably played above expectations, but a team's passing game lives mostly on the performance of it's top 3 guys and 2 of those guys severely under performed and put a ton of pressure on the #1 guy.  

Smh...Moncrief played HURT all year...

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Moncrief didn't, even when he was on the field.  His yards per game was terrible even for a #2.  That's a big reason why TY got so many yards.  

Rogers I will grant probably played above expectations, but a team's passing game lives mostly on the performance of it's top 3 guys and 2 of those guys severely under performed and put a ton of pressure on the #1 guy.  The fact that the #4 guy did better then expected isn't exactly job saving.  

Well, Moncrief had 7 TDs this season, the most in his career, while battling injuries.

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Smh...Moncrief played HURT all year...

And that could be a cause of why he didn't do as well this year.  

But ultimately the fact remains that he under performed.  Dorsett never stepped up to the void which forced a ton of pressure on TY Hilton.  There is a reason Hilton lead the league in receiving yards 

So....

Gruden won't accept a job with the Colts due to Grigson being the GM.

Peyton would have fired Grigson if made part owner.

Reggie Wayne hates Grigson.

but Irsay's daughters like Grigs so Jim keeps him around.  The horrible draft classes are besides the point.  How does Jim not see how much of a * everyone else thinks Grigson is?

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

So....

Gruden won't accept a job with the Colts due to Grigson being the GM.

Peyton would have fired Grigson if made part owner.

Reggie Wayne hates Grigson.

but Irsay's daughters like Grigs so Jim keeps him around.  The horrible draft classes are besides the point.  How does Jim not see how much of a * everyone else thinks Grigson is?

Do you believe everything you read on Twitter?

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

He knew how to run great routes and just caught the ball.  Amazing how great fundamentals can make you!

Yep and that's what Reggie would bring as a coach. He knows how to play the game and is an all time great. Too many bad routes and dropped passes by current Colts WRs. Reggie could teach them so much

22 minutes ago, Kyle said:

why do people respond like that on here... Do you think you look cool or something?  I think it makes you look like a Grigson.

You are taking something from Twitter and projecting it into reality?  Why do you do that??

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

So you do believe everything you read on Twitter?  You could have just said that

why are you trying to create a dumb argument about nothing.  i cant believe i am going to respond to your crap but here, you win.

my original comment was partially a joke.  but i am a getting a bit sick of Jim the last few years.  i obviously dont believe everything i read on twitter...i don't even have a twitter account or check twitter in any way.  i find your comment similar to a teenager insulting someone.  they use the same lame jokes no matter who they are talking to or about and half the time they don't have any factually basis at all.  but at least your teenage friends laugh right???  your comment was to create conflict.  you pretend to not know what i am referencing and are attempting to make fun of me.  there is plenty of evidence to support the claims I made.  I obviously (i hate having to type things that we both know just because you want to play dumb) don't know for sure irsay was trying to hire blah blah blah blah blah blah blah  (we all know the rumors) but when I use my brain (try it sometime) i think there was more than just some truth to it.  You can just sit back and wait for Irsay to call and inform you but I will try to think a little on my own.  Grigson seems like a * to me and it seems more and more people in the nfl world are coming out and agreeing with me

PS congrats troll, you got me

51 minutes ago, Kyle said:

why are you trying to create a dumb argument about nothing.  i cant believe i am going to respond to your crap but here, you win.

my original comment was partially a joke.  but i am a getting a bit sick of Jim the last few years.  i obviously dont believe everything i read on twitter...i don't even have a twitter account or check twitter in any way.  i find your comment similar to a teenager insulting someone.  they use the same lame jokes no matter who they are talking to or about and half the time they don't have any factually basis at all.  but at least your teenage friends laugh right???  your comment was to create conflict.  you pretend to not know what i am referencing and are attempting to make fun of me.  there is plenty of evidence to support the claims I made.  I obviously (i hate having to type things that we both know just because you want to play dumb) don't know for sure irsay was trying to hire blah blah blah blah blah blah blah  (we all know the rumors) but when I use my brain (try it sometime) i think there was more than just some truth to it.  You can just sit back and wait for Irsay to call and inform you but I will try to think a little on my own.  Grigson seems like a * to me and it seems more and more people in the nfl world are coming out and agreeing with me

Is there actually any evidence connecting Irsay's daughters and Grigson?

59 minutes ago, Kyle said:

No one credible is backing the idea that gruden and peyton walked because irsay wouldn't fire grigson

18 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Is there actually any evidence connecting Irsay's daughters and Grigson?

yes, there are people closer to you and i and that have reported he was dating one of them.

now prove to me that isn't true

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The nfl proved that

dude.... no, not exactly.  

prove to me the nfl proved it.  prove to me that grigson didnt date irsays daughter.  prove to me that Grigson did not take a dump 2.3 hours ago.  

i can play your silly "prove it" game too