Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay has broken his silence. Sort of.

zibby43

Anybody else thinking Irsay just continues on like nothing ever happened?

Mods feel free to merge this if you don't think it deserves its own thread.  But this was Irsay's first tweet (not just a re-tweet) since the whole Pagano/Grigson saga began.

9 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes.  Because he can't acknowledge every nonsupported rumor, or else it will create more.  He's handling the fan/media tantrum correctly.

if he was exploring options and thinking things thru, absolutely he's handled it right.  At the end of this, I'm sure he'll tell us what the future holds(most likely keeping pags/grigs) 

52 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Yes.  Because he can't acknowledge every nonsupported rumor, or else it will create more.  He's handling the fan/media tantrum correctly.

Agreed re: the addressing rumors aspect.

But on a side note, I don't think he's handled the situation, in its entirety, very well.  If he was so unhappy with things that he was prepared to replace Pagano and/or Grigson, he should've fired them first.

No active coach or coordinator would interview for a position that was still held/occupied.  

To have no backup plan is pretty arrogant/foolish, as now it has created a situation in which there are essentially lame ducks returning at 2 of the most critical positions within an NFL organization.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Aren't you the one who flat out doesn't believe the Gruden rumors?

Not that I think Irsay should say anything, he can't now, but he could've at the very beginning if he wasn't actually going for Gruden. Would've saved you from at least having to suffer through this recent fan/media tantrum that you speak of.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Aren't you the one who flat out doesn't believe the Gruden rumors?

Not that I think Irsay should say anything, he can't now, but he could've at the very beginning if he wasn't actually going for Gruden. Would've saved you from at least having to suffer through this recent fan/media tantrum that you speak of.

I neither believe them nor disbelieve them.  Rumors don't matter until proven true or not.  

I'm simply saying they are rumors...and not news.  Irsay and many executives should respond to news.  They have no responsibility to respond to rumors, yet the fans and media are attacking him for not doing so....and even going so far as to say that Irsay doing nothing.....nothing at all...somehow CREATES a problem.

BTW, if true, then he has sought out Gruden and Sean Payton over the past two years.  Two and only two coaches.  Proof that good coaches don't grow on trees...and the other teams are just firing who they have and throwing a dart in hopes the new guy is better.  

13 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Agreed re: the addressing rumors aspect.

But on a side note, I don't think he's handled the situation, in its entirety, very well.  If he was so unhappy with things that he was prepared to replace Pagano and/or Grigson, he should've fired them first.

No active coach or coordinator would interview for a position that was still held/occupied.  

To have no backup plan is pretty arrogant/foolish, as now it has created a situation in which there are essentially lame ducks returning at 2 of the most critical positions within an NFL organization.

When you or I own a team, we can do it Our way.

he DOES own the team so....:::......

and i don't understand why people's le think he has no plan or backup plan.  Thats just crazy.

greeters at Walmart don't have plans.....: billionaires do.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

When you or I own a team, we can do it Our way.

he DOES own the team so....:::......

and i don't understand why people's le think he has no plan or backup plan.  Thats just crazy.

greeters at Walmart don't have plans.....: billionaires do.

It's not just a matter of my opinion.  It's how business is conducted in the National Football League.

The only time I can think of something this unprofessional and embarrassing being done is 2 years ago when LSU hung Les Miles out to dry, inquired about other candidates, and then ended up striking out everywhere because they didn't actually fire Les.  And LSU was ripped by every major sports media outlet.

Despite being a billionaire, Irsay is in a position where he has one of the worst-performing GMs in the league and a coach that he can't fire because no one else will take the job or talk about it while it's still occupied.

Regardless, this is a message board, where people share opinions, and mine is that Irsay went about this whole thing the wrong way.  It looks like just about every other Colts beat writer agrees.

If you want, you could give me a list of all the other NFL teams this year that led backdoor coaching searches while the soon-to-be fired coach remained employed.

I'll save you the work.  Here's the list:

NONE

Okay, I'm not exactly sure why this thread was created. I don't follow Mr. Irsay on social media nor do I even have a Twitter account. I figured this topic was going to revolve around the fate of the coaching staff or GM in some capacity. At this point, Jimmy is in complete control of the franchise & what I want really doesn't matter one way or another. 

When Jimmy is ready to make a change or remain status quo, he will release a formal statement. Right now, I just want get to the SB & enjoy the Patriots vs Falcons matchup in February. For me, I like to finish the NFL season come to complete end before I worry about what INDY ultimately decides to do. 

2 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Okay, I'm not exactly sure why this thread was created. I don't follow Mr. Irsay on social media nor do I even have a Twitter account. I figured this topic was going to revolve around the fate of the coaching staff or GM in some capacity. At this point, Jimmy is in complete control of the franchise & what I want really doesn't matter one way or another. 

When Jimmy is ready to make a change or remain status quo, he will release a formal statement. Right now, I just want get to the SB & enjoy the Patriots vs Falcons matchup in February. For me, I like to finish the NFL season come to complete end before I worry about what INDY ultimately decides to do. 

To your first sentence - people are bored.

47 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

It's not just a matter of my opinion.  It's how business is conducted in the National Football League.

The only time I can think of something this unprofessional and embarrassing being done is 2 years ago when LSU hung Les Miles out to dry, inquired about other candidates, and then ended up striking out everywhere because they didn't actually fire Les.  And LSU was ripped by every major sports media outlet.

Despite being a billionaire, Irsay is in a position where he has one of the worst-performing GMs in the league and a coach that he can't fire because no one else will take the job or talk about it while it's still occupied.

Regardless, this is a message board, where people share opinions, and mine is that Irsay went about this whole thing the wrong way.  It looks like just about every other Colts beat writer agrees.

If you want, you could give me a list of all the other NFL teams this year that led backdoor coaching searches while the soon-to-be fired coach remained employed.

I'll save you the work.  Here's the list:

NONE

I don't care what others are doing, besides, NOTHING has been confirmed.  Only speculation at this point.

and business is business.  Its not personal.  I own a business. And i have NO problem looking to replace an underachieving employee BEFORE i fire them.  On the way out, they'll be compensated.  But business is business, and i like Irsay can run it the way i please (within the law of course).

we all have opinions on this, but i'll wait to judge people's le when the facts come out.  Not basr on cyber journalist that can't list sources and have NO credibility in the industry. Its all rumor and speculation at this point.

and, imo, grigs is nowhere near the worst performing gm in the league.  Not even close.

also, i'd bet detroit looked.  We've heard houston and tenn was considering a switch (so they must have looked), and i'm sure others did too. If a team doesn't look to upgrade all apectscEVERY year, they arent doing their job.

the reason this is a big deal is because its Irsay which the media LOVES to blast.  If his plane wasn't noticed in houston (supposedly), we wouldnt be discussing this. Jim is an easy target and story unfortunately.

i'm not saying you are wrong, i'm saying only the people directly involved really know. How do we even know this want discussed with pags and/or grigs?  We don't. And by the looks of it, neither does the "media".

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To your first sentence - people are bored 

haha Uh huh. Yeah, you're right on the money about that CBE & I do realize that a lot of fans live vicariously through the Colts to provide a nice diversion in their daily lives.

Hades, I pretty much do the exact same thing with the movie thread myself so, I understand when INDY's season is over, we all feel lost & a little adrift moving forward until training camp starts. Translation: Everybody needs their favorite past times & artistic forms of expression I guess. Not to get too philosophical, but just know that the NFL & movies appeal to me because of the euphoria & pain they generate which speaks to the human condition. The drive to be great or at least remembered in a positive & profound light for a longtime in our successes, regrets, & valiant disappointments even when we come up short in life. And of course, the unexpected surprises that no one saw coming. 

Plus, when people love a team & their yr was a less than spectacular one, it bums them out because they may not have that much to look forward to on the excitement scale overall. 

I thought you were gonna tease me about my preferred SB teams brother, but honestly, Matt Ryan showed me vs the Pacific NW that he's ready to take the next step. In addition, I also like the storyline with Brady, the 4 game suspension, & Goodell possibly being forced to hand #12 the Lombardi trophy. I just want a SB showdown that goes down to the wire. And if Atlanta wins, Kyle Shanahan can take whatever vacant NFL job he wants or stay in Georgia & be part of his own NFL dynasty perhaps. 

10 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

haha Uh huh. Yeah, you're right on the money about that CBE & I do realize that a lot of fans live vicariously through the Colts to provide a nice diversion in their daily lives.

Hades, I pretty much do the exact same thing with the movie thread myself so, I understand when INDY's season is over, we all feel lost & a little adrift moving forward until training camp starts. Translation: Everybody needs their favorite past times & artistic forms of expression I guess. 

Plus, when people love a team & their yr was a less than spectacular one, it bums them out because they may not have that much to look forward to on the excitement scale overall. 

I thought you were gonna tease me about my preferred SB teams brother, but honestly, Matt Ryan showed me vs the Pacific NW that he's ready to take the next step. In addition, I also like the storyline with Brady, the 4 game suspension, & Goodell possibly being forced to hand #12 the Lombardi trophy. I just want a SB showdown that goes down to the wire. And if Atlanta wins, Kyle Shanahan can take whatever vacant NFL job he wants or stay in Georgia & be part of his own NFL dynasty perhaps. 

I figured Dallas losing made your whole year so in no way could anyone ruin your mood haha Out of the 4 teams left I want the Packers but I did pick them so that is part of the reason why. Man I just cant see Atlanta beating the Pats if that is the matchup.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know, Jim since being owner has an awesome win/loss record + a Ring, not just Peyton either. Andrew is 46-30 with a Title Game appearance too. Son is nothing like the Father.

Well....   for kicks,  I just went through nearly a half-century of Irsay ownership.    Robert owned the team for 25 years,  and Jim has owned the team for 20 years.

For Robert's 25 years,  the Colts record was...  153-227-1

For Jim's 20 years,  the Colts record is....       195-125

So, as anyone can plainly see there's been almost no difference in the quality of ownership...    as one astute poster noted.....   like father,  like son.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Well....   for kicks,  I just went through nearly a half-century of Irsay ownership.    Robert owned the team for 25 years,  and Jim has owned the team for 20 years.

So, as anyone can plainly see there's been almost no difference in the quality of ownership...    as one astute poster noted.....   like father,  like son.

Also under Jim we have been to 2 SB's and won it all. Under Rob we had 0 appearances and no SB win. Great stats by the way, I wasn't sure what they were. 195-125 is very impressive. He has won 61% of his games as an owner for 2 decades.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I figured Dallas losing made your whole year so in no way could anyone ruin your mood haha Out of the 4 teams left I want the Packers but I did pick them so that is part of the reason why. Man I just cant see Atlanta beating the Pats if that is the matchup.

Amen to that. I even said out loud to my TV during that game: "What's a matter Ezekiel Elliott? No more feed me gesture after Crosby killed your season? Bah ha! ha! Followed by a sinister cackle. It was like Christmas on steroids. I do like Dak Prescott. A great kid & future franchise QB who will play in SBs if Jerry Jones doesn't bleep it up. 

Yeah, I know. I've seen Brady & Edelman wear defenses down so many times in the 4th Qtr. But, since Dwight Freeney plays on the Falcons D now, he's the closest thing to rooting for the Colts in 2017. Matty Ice has so many offensive weapons though...Jones, Sanu, Freeman, Coleman, Gabriel, on & on...

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Theres been every difference tho.

jim managed to turn around a joke of a franchise and gain respect and excellence in the organization.

those that only look at records are missing the bigger picture, imo.

16 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

jim managed to turn around a joke of a franchise and gain respect and excellence in the organization.

What's the bigger picture that I'm missing...?

Because what I was reacting to was another poster who claimed like father,  like son.....

To which I responded....    Oh, Dear God....

That's what led me to figure out how the two franchise were run?

31 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

What's the bigger picture that I'm missing...?

Because what I was reacting to was another poster who claimed like father,  like son.....

To which I responded....    Oh, Dear God....

That's what led me to figure out how the two franchise were run?

Inguess i misunderstood you.  I clearly stated my opinion of the difference. Respectful organization, imo. Its not all about wins and losses, imo:  look at NE.  Are wins worth cheating for?  The organization has come a LONG way since the Baltimore and early Indy days.  And contrary to belief of some, it wasnt all peyton. Not by a long shot.

Not you, but i'm embarrassed of some of the things peoples le are saying about a guy and a situation they know NOTHING about really.

its kinda like these nitwit actors and musicians and politicians refusing the trump inauguration.  They are disrespecting the COUNTRY and THEMSELVES, not Trump.  Like him or not, he's our president and deserves at least THAT respect.  I truly hope the politicians that boycott are voted out. And the actors and musicians acting like children , i wont support anymore in any way.

i'm not a "trump guy" (certainly not a hillary guy either), but he was voted in and we should support the office at least, if not the man.

this nation has gotten awful lazy, fat and full of itself.

1 hour ago, WoolMagnet said:

Inguess i misunderstood you.  I clearly stated my opinion of the difference. Respectful organization, imo. Its not all about wins and losses, imo:  look at NE.  Are wins worth cheating for?  The organization has come a LONG way since the Baltimore and early Indy days.  And contrary to belief of some, it wasnt all peyton. Not by a long shot.

Not you, but i'm embarrassed of some of the things peoples le are saying about a guy and a situation they know NOTHING about really.

its kinda like these nitwit actors and musicians and politicians refusing the trump inauguration.  They are disrespecting the COUNTRY and THEMSELVES, not Trump.  Like him or not, he's our president and deserves at least THAT respect.  I truly hope the politicians that boycott are voted out. And the actors and musicians acting like children , i wont support anymore in any way.

i'm not a "trump guy" (certainly not a hillary guy either), but he was voted in and we should support the office at least, if not the man.

this nation has gotten awful lazy, fat and full of itself.

I'm not a Trump guy either....

That said,  all I was trying to show was that Jim has done a much better job than his father to put to rest the idea floated here by some that Jim is just a chip off his crazy father's old block....   or,  like father, like son...

I think it's disrespectful to Jim.

I think many who post here do not appreciate what Jim has done for this franchise at all....

The simply say....   well,  he didn't do much....   he had Peyton and now Luck.     He's not good,  he's just lucky.

If only things were just that easy in the real world.......   (Sigh....)

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not a Trump guy either....

That said,  all I was trying to show was that Jim has done a much better job than his father to put to rest the idea floated here by some that Jim is just a chip off his crazy father's old block....   or,  like father, like son...

I think it's disrespectful to Jim.

I think many who post here do not appreciate what Jim has done for this franchise at all....

The simply say....   well,  he didn't do much....   he had Peyton and now Luck.     He's not good,  he's just lucky.

If only things were just that easy in the real world.......   (Sigh....)

100% agree with you.

i thought you meant because their w/l records were similar, then they were the same, like others said...like father like son.

you and i clearly see the differences. 

I support jim for no other reason than he tries, really tries, and LOVES the horseshoe. .  He HAS improved the team, imo.

many forget we were in afc champ only a couple years ago. 

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I created this thread. 

To answer your question (i.e., why did I create this thread), it is because Jim Irsay is one of the most active (if not the most active) NFL owner(s) on social media (specifically, Twitter).  I imagine that may be hard for your to relate to since you don't have a Twitter account.

It was highly, highly unusual for him to go completely dark/off the grid after Pagano's awkward end-of-year press conference.

While Irsay was conducting his alleged covert GM/coaching search, he remained silent.  Now, all the details of the aforementioned search have become public knowledge.

If Irsay preferred to stay silent while looking for options to replace Pagano/Grigson, then the fact that he is tweeting again may (and I emphasize, may) signal that Irsay is done looking around.

A return to normality, a return to the status quo, with respect to Irsay's social media presence, indicates that Irsay may just continue on like nothing ever happened (which isn't a surprise).

Also, I disagree that it doesn't matter what you, as a fan, want.  The fans are why the owners are millionaires/billionaires, and if the product on the field begins to suffer to the point where the fans are no longer buying tickets, and the TV revenues begin to dwindle, then an owner acts to make changes in order to rectify those issues (thus he serves the fans, and himself).

This is a message board.  People speculate regarding potential draft picks and free agent signings.  People second-guess the coaching staff, front office, and play "Monday Morning QB" after every game, as if they know more about the game than the players and coaches.

And nobody questions the rationality of these conversations, because this is a message board, and opining and discussing is what the board is designed for. :D

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I don't care what others are doing, besides, NOTHING has been confirmed.  Only speculation at this point.

and business is business.  Its not personal.  I own a business. And i have NO problem looking to replace an underachieving employee BEFORE i fire them.  On the way out, they'll be compensated.  But business is business, and i like Irsay can run it the way i please (within the law of course).

we all have opinions on this, but i'll wait to judge people's le when the facts come out.  Not basr on cyber journalist that can't list sources and have NO credibility in the industry. Its all rumor and speculation at this point.

and, imo, grigs is nowhere near the worst performing gm in the league.  Not even close.

also, i'd bet detroit looked.  We've heard houston and tenn was considering a switch (so they must have looked), and i'm sure others did too. If a team doesn't look to upgrade all apectscEVERY year, they arent doing their job.

the reason this is a big deal is because its Irsay which the media LOVES to blast.  If his plane wasn't noticed in houston (supposedly), we wouldnt be discussing this. Jim is an easy target and story unfortunately.

i'm not saying you are wrong, i'm saying only the people directly involved really know. How do we even know this want discussed with pags and/or grigs?  We don't. And by the looks of it, neither does the "media".

At this point, it's a fact that Irsay made overtures for Gruden and Manning.  And it's a fact that they both turned him down.  Multiple mainstream, reliable media outlets (both local and national) have confirmed that much.  And I'd be happy to list those articles/sources if you missed them.      

The details regarding why Manning and Gruden turned down Irsay's offers?  All of that is up in the air.  And because Irsay was left at the altar, none of this information (i.e., the details re: what exactly went down) will ever be confirmed.  That would only make things more embarrassing for Irsay (not to mention Pagano and Grigson).

And when you look to fire an underachieving employee behind his or her back (which is your right), you don't have to worry about local and national media reporting on your activities, which would signal to your underachiever that he or she is about to be canned before it even happens.  I cannot think of anything that would make a firing worse than everyone else in the country knowing it is going to happen before the employee does.

Finally, I did not say Grigson was the worst GM.  I opined that he was one of the worst.  Let's look at just the defensive players Grigson drafted in his first 4 years with the Colts.  The players with a strike-through over their names are no longer on the Colts roster.

2012: Josh Champman, Tim Fugger

2013: Bjoern Werner, Montori Hughes, John Boyett

2014: Jonathan Newsome, Andrew Jackson

2015: D'Joun Smith, Henry Anderson, Clayton Geathers, David Parry, Amarlo Herrera

That's 3 defensive players left from the '12-'15 NFL drafts. That's bottom-of-the-barrel defensive drafting.

Not to mention it has taken 5 years to try to build an offensive line.  Andrew Luck, the franchise QB, has now had a major shoulder surgery (on his throwing shoulder, no less) and damage to his internal organs.

At the end of the day, my friend, we are going to have to agree to disagree on Grigson. :)

1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

I created this thread. 

To answer your question (i.e., why did I create this thread), it is because Jim Irsay is one of the most active (if not the most active) NFL owner(s) on social media (specifically, Twitter).  I imagine that may be hard for your to relate to since you don't have a Twitter account.

It was highly, highly unusual for him to go completely dark/off the grid after Pagano's awkward end-of-year press conference.

While Irsay was conducting his alleged covert GM/coaching search, he remained silent.  Now, all the details of the aforementioned search have become public knowledge.

If Irsay preferred to stay silent while looking for options to replace Pagano/Grigson, then the fact that he is tweeting again may (and I emphasize, may) signal that Irsay is done looking around.

A return to normality, a return to the status quo, with respect to Irsay's social media presence, indicates that Irsay may just continue on like nothing ever happened (which isn't a surprise).

Also, I disagree that it doesn't matter what you, as a fan, want.  The fans are why the owners are millionaires/billionaires, and if the product on the field begins to suffer to the point where the fans are no longer buying tickets, and the TV revenues begin to dwindle, then an owner acts to make changes in order to rectify those issues (thus he serves the fans, and himself).

This is a message board.  People speculate regarding potential draft picks and free agent signings.  People second-guess the coaching staff, front office, and play "Monday Morning QB" after every game, as if they know more about the game than the players and coaches.

And nobody questions the rationality of these conversations, because this is a message board, and opining and discussing is what the board is designed for. :D

At this point, it's a fact that Irsay made overtures for Gruden and Manning.  And it's a fact that they both turned him down.  Multiple mainstream, reliable media outlets (both local and national) have confirmed that much.  And I'd be happy to list those articles/sources if you missed them.      

The details regarding why Manning and Gruden turned down Irsay's offers?  All of that is up in the air.  And because Irsay was left at the altar, none of this information (i.e., the details re: what exactly went down) will ever be confirmed.  That would only make things more embarrassing for Irsay (not to mention Pagano and Grigson).

And when you look to fire an underachieving employee behind his or her back (which is your right), you don't have to worry about local and national media reporting on your activities, which would signal to your underachiever that he or she is about to be canned before it even happens.  I cannot think of anything that would make a firing worse than everyone else in the country knowing it is going to happen before the employee does.

Finally, I did not say Grigson was the worst GM.  I opined that he was one of the worst.  Let's look at just the defensive players Grigson drafted in his first 4 years with the Colts.  The players with a strike-through over their names are no longer on the Colts roster.

2012: Josh Champman, Tim Fugger

2013: Bjoern Werner, Montori Hughes, John Boyett

2014: Jonathan Newsome, Andrew Jackson

2015: D'Joun Smith, Henry Anderson, Clayton Geathers, David Parry, Amarlo Herrera

That's 3 defensive players left from the '12-'15 NFL drafts. That's bottom-of-the-barrel defensive drafting.

Not to mention it has taken 5 years to try to build an offensive line.  Andrew Luck, the franchise QB, has now had a major shoulder surgery (on his throwing shoulder, no less) and damage to his internal organs.

At the end of the day, my friend, we are going to have to agree to disagree on Grigson. :)

Sooooo you know as much as the rest of us about the situation.

not much.

and no, i dont waste time on twitter.  Not a fan of facebook either.

i prefer to interact with people i can see, touch, etc. not "imaginary" friends. haha 

this forum is my main "cyber" connection because (usually) its the best, most up to date colts info i can get, especially since inlive in steeler/eagle country. (Pray for me)

part of the problem here is, unless you type 4 pages like u just did, its hard to really convey your message.  And most here skip over long posts like i just did (kinda) if i'm being honest.

we all feel the same disappointment, we just all express it a little differently.

still, i have NO problem with the way Jim supposedly (we dont know) handled this.  To each his own.

21 hours ago, DougDew said:

........ good coaches don't grow on trees...and the other teams are just firing who they have and throwing a dart in hopes the new guy is better.  

....and if Irsay did target Gruden, this is exactly why he didn't fire Pagano first....He didn't want to be scrounging around for a "whatever" replacement.......Oh NO!...But what about Pagano's feelings?..... Chuck Pagano is a big boy. I'm sure he can handle it.

Both Pagano and Grigson understand well the business of promoting/demoting and hireing/fireing people to improve the team.That's their jobs too.

23 minutes ago, egg said:

....and if Irsay did target Gruden, this is exactly why he didn't fire Pagano first....He didn't want to be scrounging around for a "whatever" replacement.......Oh NO!...But what about Pagano's feelings?..... Chuck Pagano is a big boy. I'm sure he can handle it.

Both Pagano and Grigson understand well the business of promoting/demoting and hireing/fireing people to improve the team.That's their jobs too.

The hot name this year is Kyle Shanahan.  A 37 year old OC who benefits from great talent on O.  Both of their RBs are better than Gore.  Julio Jones is better than TY.  Ryan throws fewer interceptions, and a more accurate pass, than Luck.  Alex Mack is their C.

Good luck to him in SF.

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

The hot name this year is Kyle Shanahan.  A 37 year old OC who benefits from great talent on O.  Both of their RBs are better than Gore.  Julio Jones is better than TY.  Ryan throws fewer interceptions, and a more accurate pass, than Luck.  Alex Mack is their C.

Good luck to him in SF.

..and even if Irsay did want Shanahan, he would be in competition with at least one other team with no guaranty that he would get him. 

10 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I think he's being sarcastic? Jim has obviously way outdone his father in win/loss.....

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Good luck to him in SF.

The thing is.....     this isn't Shannahan's first job as an OC even as young as he is.

In fact, he's been an OC for nearly a decade,  4 different stops.

Houston,  Washington,   Cleveland,   and Atlanta.

It was noted on ESPN yesterday that everywhere he's been the offense has gotten better,  and when he left,  the offense got worse....

THAT'S impressive.      Personally,  I would've been fine hiring Shannahan or McDaniels.

Here's his bio:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Shanahan

9 hours ago, zibby43 said:

I created this thread. 

Why do people make the point that this is a message board & members of the forum are free to discuss whatever moves about the team or speculation they so desire? I believe we all know that & there is no one restricting any fans desire to talk about a wide range of Colts, NFL, & Misc. topics within well established rules of course. 

"The fans are why the owners are millionaires/billionaires, and if the product on the field begins to suffer to the point where the fans are no longer buying tickets, and the TV revenues begin to dwindle." 

Your half right here z-43. Production on the field does matter & winning does incentivize fans to buy more team merchandize & stadium tickets. However, that line of reasoning assumes that fans will boycott this squad if INDY's record fell to say 6-10 next yr. That's never gonna happen because most fans understand that down yrs are part of the football vernacular or lexicon & diehard INDY fans aren't going anywhere in the long run. Also, do fans pay Lucas Oil Stadium's monthly electric bill, water bill, gasoline bus or team plane bill on average? Not really. That's where the television deals & endorsement deals come into play normally. Perhaps a percentage of ticket sales & jersey or hat sales helps out, but not as much as you night think. 

Bottom line: Jimmy has the final say in any regime changes & it's cool that Jimmy listens to his fan base, but fans don't own the franchise. Jimmy does & he cuts all the checks & makes all the rules in Indianapolis about the fate of this organization. 

I get what your driving at, but Jimmy not you & not me, is going to do what he wants to do & we are in no position to control it. Influence it maybe, but that's about it.