Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alex Smith over Andrew Luck

VocableLoki

5 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its not just Alex Smith. Theres another QB (yet to be named) who will make it in over Luck. Completely ridiculous.

Luck is next in line. Mariota was the 1st replacement, then Smith, then Luck. Mariota got injured so now it's just Smith and Luck. Luck is automatically in because either Brady or Roethlisberger will be unable to go because of the Super Bowl. Brady won't play anyways because he never does. But I agree that it's ridiculous Smith and even Mariota were above Luck.

48 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Luck is next in line. Mariota was the 1st replacement, then Smith, then Luck. Mariota got injured so now it's just Smith and Luck. Luck is automatically in because either Brady or Roethlisberger will be unable to go because of the Super Bowl. Brady won't play anyways because he never does. But I agree that it's ridiculous Smith and even Mariota were above Luck.

Also Carr was in it too and he is hurt and cant play as well.

The only thing this matters for Luck is potential HOF ballot (too early to put him there, but it's nice to say a 10x or more probowler).  The All-pro teams are really what matters.

IMO, I would rather see Luck sit out than play in the pro-bowl -- seems like they were carefully resting his shoulder and trying to keep him healthy all season and I don't see the need for him to risk injury in a meaningless game.

After having watched every Colts game this season, it did not seem to me that Luck had a Pro-Bowl worthy year.  Sure his stats were nice by year's end but his and the team's struggles over the course of the season took some of the luster away for me.  So I kinda get it.  That said though, I definitely feel like Luck was better than Alex Smith and Mariotta.  SMH  At the end of the day...it's the Pro Bowl and I don't really care.  I'd prefer that Luck forego the game and take the extra time to rest and heal.

3 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Pro Bowl means absolutely nothing. It's just a popularity game the week before the SB. But at least they changed it back to AFC vs NFC. That drafting of players thing was completely stupid

It wasn't always that way. I remember back in the 80s it was a big deal and players actually showed up and played hard for their conference. 

1 minute ago, mahagga73 said:

It wasn't always that way. I remember back in the 80s it was a big deal and players actually showed up and played hard for their conference. 

Yeah it did used to be a big deal. Not anymore though. Just like the NBA All Star Game, it's just for show. Entertaining but pointless looking at it as a whole

48 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

After having watched every Colts game this season, it did not seem to me that Luck had a Pro-Bowl worthy year.  Sure his stats were nice by year's end but his and the team's struggles over the course of the season took some of the luster away for me.  So I kinda get it.  That said though, I definitely feel like Luck was better than Alex Smith and Mariotta.  SMH  At the end of the day...it's the Pro Bowl and I don't really care.  I'd prefer that Luck forego the game and take the extra time to rest and heal.

Mariota is a good qb.. his redzone stats are amazing. Just saying.

And I 100% agree on the bolded.