The "Real" Behind the Scenes Story of Irsay/Manning/Gruden

Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Turns out I ***AM*** a news junkie!

Also turns out,  that I'm not very tech savvy.     So,  my move to Twitter is happening......    

S-l-o-w-l-y....           :bored:

Its not too bad. I just recently made an account probably 6 months or so ago. I hate the 140 character limit, but I don't tweet much anyway so I can live with it. 

It is terrific for news. Thats the best thing about it and the main reason I have it. Almost all journalists/sports journalists have one and when a story hits its pretty much all over twitter instantly. I think you'll like it NCF, might take some time to get used to it but its good. The twitter app is pretty good too if you want to download it.

Didn't mean to kind of hijack the thread here with this lol, but thought I'd throw some info at you about it. Ever have any questions about it you can message me.

Just incredibly happy the real story is out now, I can finally get a good nights sleep. Whew.......

But, I will admit reading so much about how Irsay and Grigson are like "father and son" is kinda disturbing. Hope it's not true. Makes sense though psychologically since many men crave that "dream son" or male bonding buddy thing and man cave junk.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Forgive me....    I'm a bit confused....

You're defending something,   but I'm not sure what that is?

What do you think Irsay has gained by doing this that is worth defending?       He's gained having Pagano should he not be able to secure a better coach?     Is that what is being defended?     

OK.....   he'll have Pagano as his fallback.     But the cost is Chuck's relationship with Grigson will likely be strained again,  because Chuck is going to believe even more than ever that he's in the position he's in because Ryan has done his job poorly.     And yet, Ryan's job feels safer than Chucks.     I don't think Chuck will like that.    It won't help.      And it will be awkward whenever Chuck walks by Irsay during the year and especially after any loss the Colts suffer in 2017.      And it may be even harder for Chuck to keep his players in line.    This one is hard to know....   maybe this will help the players rally around Chuck....    but that's a high price to guess on.....

Did I come close to guessing right?     Is this what you're defending?     I hope you'll share with me, because I'm honestly curious.....

I'm not sure about all that...all I was saying is that you can't take a decision path that bucks perception....and then be worried about perception.

I can see things from irsays perspective. Peyton would be a first time president with no experience running a team with his only business venture being franchising papa johns and I know I've said I have no problem running the team because I believe his football mind surpasses his lack of experience, however I think irsay wants to make sure he's protected with making his deal with Peyton performance based, but I do understand why Peyton wouldn't wanna take a job with basically no security. For this to be done, there is going to have to be an understanding somewhere in the middle and I do think it will happen as irsay might just be waiting for mcdaniels or another coach still in the playoffs to seal the deal or maybe he just wants to wait until the Peyton deal is done.

9 hours ago, Superman said:

I don't think anyone said Manning deserves anything. The offer was reportedly made by Irsay. That's between them.

Poor word choice.  I get the feeling that many believe Irsay made a bad decision to not let PM be a member of the Colts in the manner PM wanted, mainly part ownership.  At this point, I would say PM getting part ownership is premature.  If it was written on a contingent basis, that a certain level of performance had to be achieved before compensation could be converted to equity, then yes, maybe part ownership makes sense.

What if PM stinks as an executive.  Now Irsay has a minority owner who has displayed an inability to contribute effectively.  You can't fire a part owner.  You can only buy him out....and only if he agrees to sell.

I agree with Irsay.   I would only let PM have an equity position under very narrow circumstances, circumstances that PM probably wouldn't want.  And, I would not give total personnel control to a HC, not even Gruden.

13 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Poor word choice.  I get the feeling that many believe Irsay made a bad decision to not let PM be a member of the Colts in the manner PM wanted, mainly part ownership.  At this point, I would say PM getting part ownership is premature.  If it was written on a contingent basis, that a certain level of performance had to be achieved before compensation could be converted to equity, then yes, maybe part ownership makes sense.

What if PM stinks as an executive.  Now Irsay has a minority owner who has displayed an inability to contribute effectively.  You can't fire a part owner.  You can only buy him out....and only if he agrees to sell.

I agree with Irsay.   I would only let PM have an equity position under very narrow circumstances, circumstances that PM probably wouldn't want.  And, I would not give total personnel control to a HC, not even Gruden.

HEY!!!!!!  Quit being open-minded and making sense.  That's not allowed around here.

I wake up everyday expecting to hear something. I'm starting to think that he's either still in negotiations or still looking. This is dragging on way longer than expected.

Plus Irsay doesn't strike me as the type of man to lose and just throw his hands up in the air and say "I tried". I think he'll get someone.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I wake up everyday expecting to hear something. I'm starting to think that he's either still in negotiations or still looking. This is dragging on way longer than expected.

Plus Irsay doesn't strike me as the type of man to lose and just throw his hands up in the air and say "I tried". I think he'll get someone.

I think it's either he wants to get the deal with Peyton done first or he's eyeing a coach that's still in the playoffs

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

I think it's either he wants to get the deal with Peyton done first or he's eyeing a coach that's still in the playoffs

Yeah I was thinking that too. We may not here something until after the Super Bowl in that case.

And getting Peyton in place may be the key to getting the HC. But I don't think this is over at all. It was reported both deals fell through months ago but we still haven't heard anything. This is too weird for the end result to be just to continue with status quo.

Meh, sounds like a bunch of Irsay hate to me.  They are a bunch of kids that call themselves journalists.  None have any real legit experience, unless you count other b-grade websites or school newspapers.

I'm sorry, mr osborne, but you expect me to believe Irsay would do some of those things?  To be clear, you expect me to believe a nobody hack that nobody knows, that has imaginary sources (probably also on the internet) that he won't name over a business professional of jim's position.  Ok dude, sure.

I think the "TRUE STORY" is mr osborne (cough-cough) was denied a job on the Colts press team and now this "journalist" has a chip on his shoulder for anything Irsay or the Colts.  Its apparent in his writing tone:  very smug.

Hey Osborne, look, now i'm a journalist too.  

Anybody can write be on the internet and claim to be a journalist.  We've been witnessing it all week.

bluehq....... what a bunch of wannabe tools.

wouldnt be surprised if its the fools from that other site making claims then disappearing.

i wouldnt be surprised if the offices were in Foxboro.