Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Steelers Post Game Locker Room

King Colt

Offer in your take on "why" in todays sports culture any player would choose not to be in the room when the coach is addressing the game they just played. For 17 minutes what the coach said is now on public media thanks to self serving players that felt what he had to say is just not important. This "me, me, me" era of self-marketing on all the social media outlets is now part of sports and how detrimental it is varies from episode to episode but this episode takes the cake. Mike Tomlin is a class act and we will never know what his reactions was or will be toward the stooges that were taking selfies and recording Tomlin's words for Belichick to listen to but it can't be pleasant.

It was really him trying to get the fans "involved" at the wrong time. I admit it would be cool to be "taken" into an NFL locker room and see what happens. But really...the coach was talking to the team. He could've waited maybe 30 mins.. why would you want to miss that pep talk. It wasn't anything bad, the coach was hyping them to play those "*" I would've been in that hoorah like the rest of them!

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Really a dumb thing to do. Luckily Tomlin didn't say anything real outrageous, That stuff is supposed to be private. I don't think it will affect the outcome of the game on Sunday. Brown is a Great player so I seriously doubt the Pats will shut him down.

I'm thinking AB is just they guy the do try to shut down.

I think they may be successful also.

Bell will kill 'em, though.

58 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

Even though we are a terrible team right now, im happy we have players that understand when and where to do this kind of stuff, outside! 

Discipline, it's very much required. 

Perhaps you missed the mcafee tweet a few years ago.   A naked Andrew luck in the back ground

10 minutes ago, chad hugo said:

I don't think that was nearly as big as what AB did tho

I think if I were a coach I would prohibit cell phones and tablets from the locker room on game day.   These guys are young and pumped about a big win.    Probably not thinking to clearly

16 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

That was just so dumb by AB. Great player but not an intelligent person. You don't put the post game locker room speech on FaceBook Live. I don't have any of that social media crap. The closest thing I have to social media is this account

same here- only social media I do is here  Plus everyone is so social :)