Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rumor central -- Pagano and Grigson reports, 1/16 (merge)

gnet550

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

Letting this unrest and speculation fester with players isn't a good thing.

During the season perhaps, but what exactly are they going to do? Party too hard and not come back in good shape because the media and fans are wanting or speculating on something. "Sorry officer, I didn't mean to get drunk then drive, but I'm really stressed about whether I will have a new coach or GM...."

47 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

During the season perhaps, but what exactly are they going to do? Party too hard and not come back in good shape because the media and fans are wanting or speculating on something. "Sorry officer, I didn't mean to get drunk then drive, but I'm really stressed about whether I will have a new coach or GM...."

I'm sorry, but the potential psychological consequences are way more far reaching than this. And it takes minimal effort for the team to say they are moving forward with the status quo. I usually agree with a lot of what you have to say, but we are going to have to agree to disagree here l.

18 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

I'm sorry, but the potential psychological consequences are way more far reaching than this. And it takes minimal effort for the team to say they are moving forward with the status quo. I usually agree with a lot of what you have to say, but we are going to have to agree to disagree here l.

No problem sir. We will remain on the opposite side of the argument. And do you know what, neither of us can prove if we were right or wrong.....

1 minute ago, braveheartcolt said:

No problem sir. We will remain on the opposite side of the argument. And do you know what, neither of us csn prove if we were right or wrong.....

Beauty of these message boards. When weilded with responsibility. I feel like we just set an example for the rest of the forum on how to handle differences of opinion:lol::lol:

7 hours ago, backshoulderfade said:

Oh come on.  

You are sounding like just another Irsay hater.

if they aren't mentally tuff enuff to handle this, how the heck are they gonna handle REAL challenges in life?

this whole topic is such a wast of time.  Really

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Oh come on.  

You are sounding like just another Irsay hater.

if they aren't mentally tuff enuff to handle this, how the heck are they gonna handle REAL challenges in life?

this whole topic is such a wast of time.  Really

I'm sorry, but athletes like all humans are complex creatures who experience a whole range of emotions. I have a bachelors degree in sport science and am well read in sport psychology. It's not about "mental toughness". It's about providing ideal circumstances for optimal performance.

Also, nowhere have I ever said a bad word about Irsay.

On 1/19/2017 at 0:04 PM, Coltfreak said:

For all of you that are paying for Sunday ticket, I can show you how to watch the games for free.... I am sure I cant post it on here, so PM me.  It's legal and everything, just dont want to get in trouble ya know

Yea , we know.

buffalo wild wings has all the games.

1 minute ago, backshoulderfade said:

I'm sorry, but athletes like all humans are complex creatures who experience a whole range of emotions. I have a bachelors degree in sport science and am well read in sport psychology. It's not about "mental toughness". It's about providing ideal circumstances for optimal performance.

Also, nowhere have I ever said a bad word about Irsay.

Maybe they should hold hands and sing kumbaya too.

my minor for my graduate degree was focused in consumer behavior and labor relations.  So i'd say between the psych courses there, along with related classes in my 2 undergrad degrees, as well as real-world experience , gives me just a littlecbit of knowledge there too. If you coddle them, they will be weak. 

Whatever transpires, the players will forget all this once the pads get on in a few months. You should know, humans are resilient, very short-term oriented.

this is a non-iesue long-team m for these guys.

we, as fans, seem to have the problem because we are used to getting our questions answered directly in this cyber world.

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

Maybe they should hold hands and sing kumbaya too.

my minor for my graduate degree was focused in consumer behavior and labor relations.  So i'd say between the psych courses there, along with related classes in my 2 undergrad degrees, as well as real-world experience , gives me just a littlecbit of knowledge there too. If you coddle them, they will be weak. 

Whatever transpires, the players will forget all this once the pads get on in a few months. You should know, humans are resilient, very short-term oriented.

this is a non-iesue long-team m for these guys.

we, as fans, seem to have the problem because we are used to getting our questions answered directly in this cyber world.

Sport psychology is very different to general psychology. It is concerned with optimising performance. Unnessessary distractions are a hinderance. It can be corrected with minimal effort.

It seems you assume I imagine the players as quivering wrecks as a result of this uncertainty. I don't. They will deal with it. But for the effort it takes to remedy the situation, why not just tell the players instead of having them express concern to the local media.

Just now, backshoulderfade said:

Sport psychology is very different to general psychology. It is concerned with optimising performance. Unnessessary distractions are a hinderance. It can be corrected with minimal effort.

It seems you assume I imagine the players as quivering wrecks as a result of this uncertainty. I don't. They will deal with it. But for the effort it takes to remedy the situation, why not just tell the players instead of having them express concern to the local media.

The brain is the brain.

you are splitting hairs

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

The brain is the brain.

you are splitting hairs

No i am not. I have very clearly stated that sport psychology is concerned with optimising performance. General psychology is not. And besides, that is a total red herring.

As with braveheartcolt, we are never going to agree. You have your opinion and I respect that. So lets not waste time with this.

10 minutes ago, backshoulderfade said:

No i am not. I have very clearly stated that sport psychology is concerned with optimising performance. General psychology is not. And besides, that is a total red herring.

As with braveheartcolt, we are never going to agree. You have your opinion and I respect that. So lets not waste time with this.

So you don't try to optimize the performance of an accountant, police officer, or shelf-stocker atvwalmart?

its the same thing.  Sorry, but it is.

and i wasn't talking "general" pshychology, i was talking PSYCHOLOGY of ALL specific types.  its common sense actually, a psych major of any type is not necessary to understand stand.

i get what you are saying, and i respect it, but it is no different in any workplace relating to what we are discussing.

I don't think he necessarily owes the media or fans any explanation, especially if they are staying status quo (although we would surely like one).  But I DO think he should address the players about what is/isn't going on with all the reports and rumors going around.  They need to know who will be leading them and that they can trust they will be there next season or move on and embrace the new regime.

3 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't think he necessarily owes the media or fans any explanation, especially if they are staying status quo (although we would surely like one).  But I DO think he should address the players about what is/isn't going on with all the reports and rumors going around.  They need to know who will be leading them and that they can trust they will be there next season or move on and embrace the new regime.

Agreed. My hope is he has already talked to the players. 

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

And I might take a stroll down Sesame Street and have a beer with big Bird. These rumors have to end soon, it's time to start looking into FA and he draft. 

I'm not falling for it again..I've come to terms with the fact we are stuck with flappy hands...

2 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

And I might take a stroll down Sesame Street and have a beer with big Bird. These rumors have to end soon, it's time to start looking into FA and he draft. 

You should go on strolls like that more often...

2 minutes ago, 19colt said:

He also says that Manning will be with the team within 2 years. 

Seen several..brad wells, Jim Osborne...etc...say they think Manning will be in as team president now...Irsay said he wasn't a choice for GM, but not anything about other positions

1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

Seen several..brad wells, Jim Osborne...etc...say they think Manning will be in as team president now...Irsay said he wasn't a choice for GM, but not anything about other positions

Right. Osborne is also saying that if he doesn't come back to Indy now then he will be wanted at Tennessee as part of ownership.

11 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Anyone else consider the possibility that this might have been the big announcement that "lets knock em down" was referring to that got delayed?

Maybe. Didn't they indicate that they had two unrelated announcements? Maybe it was Luck's surgery and Grigson's firing? I guess we will never know.

Just now, Superman said:

Don't give that guy any credit please.

I normally wouldn't, but this situation felt a little different.  When the announcement he referred to was postponed, he closed out his account as promised. Trolls seldom stand by their word. I expected some kind of flimsy excuse and a push back of the deadline. I dont know how many multiverses youd have to visit to find a version of me that wasnt surprised by that. Lol

I'm just saying, that whole thing felt up my...even from the start. I don't doubt that its likely that lked really was just full of it and this is just a coincidence...but that is quite the coincidence, imo.

:)

4 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Maybe. Didn't they indicate that they had two unrelated announcements? Maybe it was Luck's surgery and Grigson's firing? I guess we will never know.

I remember them saying one unrelated (to pagano) announcement. 

15 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I normally wouldn't, but this situation felt a little different.  When the announcement he referred to was postponed, he closed out his account as promised. Trolls seldom stand by their word. I expected some kind of flimsy excuse and a push back of the deadline. I dont know how many multiverses youd have to visit to find a version of me that wasnt surprised by that. Lol

I'm just saying, that whole thing felt up my...even from the start. I don't doubt that its likely that lked really was just full of it and this is just a coincidence...but that is quite the coincidence, imo.

Trolls usually spam negativity and stick to their routine to draw negative reactions for the most part.  Very few trolls on here have just simply repeated themselves over and over and over again to draw posters into a frenzy.  For the most part they stand by their word in a very stern manner.  That being said, trolls have no validity. 

Some of them however are Skip Bayless times 10.  All opinionated, no validity, almost like Paris Hilton, Dakich and Skip mixed into a pure mess that the Toxic Avenger couldn't even clean up. 

29 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I'm pretty sure his angle all along was that Pagano was going to be fired.

4 hours ago, Superman said:

I'm pretty sure his angle all along was that Pagano was going to be fired.

It was up until that last week. Then he said the announcement about pagano was being postponed for another big announcement that had nothing to do with pagano.  Then that announcement also allegedly got postponed and that was what led him to deleting the account.

8 hours ago, Jason_S said:

It was up until that last week. Then he said the announcement about pagano was being postponed for another big announcement that had nothing to do with pagano.  Then that announcement also allegedly got postponed and that was what led him to deleting the account.

I must have missed some of that. I thought it was Pagano all along. 

I still don't think that person had any credible information. JMO