Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers is ridiculous

RockThatBlue

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peyton and Aaron are not similar physically...but their situations are the same..

They carry their teams and are asked to no matter what their team lacks through talent or injury...

They always get their team to the playoffs and that's always forgotten if they dont win the Super Bowl.

The talk on the radio in Wisconsin (we can hear ESPN Wisconsin up here) is just like it was in Indy./....

The questions are similar..

Why has Aaron Rodgers only won 1 title?..has the NFL caught up with him.?

He's Overrated. Great stats but come playoff time, why do they always lose???

They even blame his lack of another title on Olivia Munn (I'm not kidding..supposedly she distracts him)

GB fans expect him to win all the time no matter what

So similar to our Peyton years

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

Incredible last pass as he is moving to his left and threads the needle on the sideline hen they had to win. All that can be said of Rogers has already been said here. Montana might be comparable but before Rogers is done his list of miracle throws will be as long as the line to get in to a game at Lambeau. Forget the statistics, it is his incredible ability to do things when he has to. Also, a little credit to the Cowboys today, they too have a QB. 

2 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

That defense is average at best. Not at all playoff let alone championship caliber.

Special teams are ok, that kicker, as he proved tonight, is solid.

Zero run game to speak of. Poor pass blocking/overall offensive line. Good (not great) receivers and TE's.

PFF graded Green Bay's pass blocking as the best in the game. Their LT is graded as the best in the NFL. (You can read it for yourself in the link below.)

Quote:

This has been the best pass-protecting offensive line in the game, and it isn’t particularly close to the next-best side in that regard....  

Top overall grade: LT David Bakhtiari, 89.9 (No. 3)

Top pass-blocking grade:LT David Bakhtiari, 93.4 (No. 1)

Top run-blocking grade: C J.C. Tretter, 78.7 (No. 8)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season/

6 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Running for your life, throwing across your body, and not having time to even plant your feet does.

Exactly. Rodgers is fun to watch, and the point of sport is kinda about entertainment. To be honest, Rodgers have the same "thing" that made me love watching Peyton and thus the Colts. 

Yes, it was Peyton the led me to the Colts, not the other way around. Now kill me! :jump:

9 hours ago, Jules said:

He's good but he is overrated at times. The refs bail him out A LOT and well I was kinda more into him years ago before being into him was cool and now everyone is into him and I am kinda blah now on him.

The officiating at the GB / Dallas game was obviously very one-sided. This is becoming detrimental to the NFL.

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The most unrealistic statement a fan can make is probably:

"We should have won 2 or 3 Super Bowls at least  with (fill in the blank) at quarterback"

...Winning it all just doesn't come down to one player

That is the most unrealistic statement an owner can make as well. :)

So many things have to go right for a SB. Offense, defense, special teams, right bounce of the ball, deflections, Hail Mary, not running into the hottest team coming off a bye week etc.

3 hours ago, CoachLite said:

The officiating at the GB / Dallas game was obviously very one-sided. This is becoming detrimental to the NFL.

Once the Cowboys made their comeback, the refs settled down. It seemed like it was their job to keep it close. That is what a lot of Broncos fans felt too when the Ravens got a lot of calls when Flacco just used to throw it up and get PIs and Ravens DBs would trip DT (or hold Decker resulting in a pick six) and no calls were made. It was imperative to keep the game close, it felt like (maybe the Ray Lewis retirement factor), same thing in the SB with no calls for Crabtree and the 49ers. Sometimes, a QB wills his team to a win despite circumstances and that is what Rodgers did here.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Once the Cowboys made their comeback, the refs settled down. It seemed like it was their job to keep it close. That is what a lot of Broncos fans felt too when the Ravens got a lot of calls when Flacco just used to throw it up and get PIs and Ravens DBs would trip DT (or hold Decker resulting in a pick six) and no calls were made. It was imperative to keep the game close, it felt like (maybe the Ray Lewis retirement factor), same thing in the SB with no calls for Crabtree and the 49ers. Sometimes, a QB wills his team to a win despite circumstances and that is what Rodgers did here.

There were horrendous calls on both teams yesterday

14 hours ago, Track Guy said:

Fair enough - comparing them to the other teams who've made it this far I guess they're not as good. I think PFF did grade the Packers O-line pretty highly, but perhaps they're overrating them a bit. No doubt Rogers is playing some excellent football. 

No, their o-line is one of the best, in my opinion. They hold their blocks longer than most lines, even when Rodgers leaves the pocket. I'm starting to think that spin move, roll out throw is by design. If you watch that last throw again, the line let Dallas flood the right side and sealed it off backside, then pulled a linemen to protect out front while Rodgers spun to the left and made a ridiculous throw on the run. 

Rodgers makes them look good, but they also make him more effective at what he's best at. Even when he's in the pocket, there are times when he's just standing back there for 4-5 seconds without any pressure

Also, a major hats off to their coaching staff, for being cutting edge on offense. The interchangeability of the offensive line, paired with the versatility of their backs and receivers is all a testament to McCarthy and staff. They're doing things that no other offense is able to do, and that takes wit and courage on the part of the coaching staff

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

There were horrendous calls on both teams yesterday

In a way I kind of liked how the game was officiated, the refs were letting the players play and the refs didn't inject themselves into the game every 5 minutes. That said, there were some bad calls and bad missed calls.

40 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

In a way I kind of liked how the game was officiated, the refs were letting the players play and the refs didn't inject themselves into the game every 5 minutes. That said, there were some bad calls and bad missed calls.

Oh don't get me wrong. I like it when players are allowed to play. But if a foul is so blatant, it needs to be called

Everyone has their different lists of who are the best of all-time, I don't think Aaron is Top 10 yet but if he can win this SB and win SB MVP or maybe League MVP an argument for him will become greater to enter that Top 10. Montana, Unitas, Brady, Peyton, Elway, Favre, Marino, O.Graham, Bradshaw, and Aikman were all better as of now and all of those QB's other than Marino have accomplished more. Marino never won a SB. I just named 10 QB's there. Steve Young, Bart Starr, and Roger Staubach were all Great too. Aaron is coming though and is a BAD MAN as Stephen A. loves to say!

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Everyone has their different lists of who are the best of all-time, I don't think Aaron is Top 10 yet but if he can win this SB and win SB MVP or maybe League MVP an argument for him will become greater to enter that Top 10. Montana, Unitas, Brady, Peyton, Elway, Favre, Marino, O.Graham, Bradshaw, and Aikman were all better as of now and all of those QB's other than Marino have accomplished more. Marino never won a SB. I just named 10 QB's there. Steve Young, Bart Starr, and Roger Staubach were all Great too. Aaron is coming though and is a BAD MAN as Stephen A. loves to say!

He is a BAAAADD MAN! He really is. That argument for him greatly increases with a 2nd SB and 2nd SB MVP. Has he won 2 league MVPs? I remember he was the MVP in 11-12 but was he in 14-15 as well?

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

PFF graded Green Bay's pass blocking as the best in the game. Their LT is graded as the best in the NFL. (You can read it for yourself in the link below.)

Quote:

This has been the best pass-protecting offensive line in the game, and it isn’t particularly close to the next-best side in that regard....  

Top overall grade: LT David Bakhtiari, 89.9 (No. 3)

Top pass-blocking grade:LT David Bakhtiari, 93.4 (No. 1)

Top run-blocking grade: C J.C. Tretter, 78.7 (No. 8)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-this-season/

Manning's offensive lines after 2006 were often ranked good to middle of the pack as well. In reality, they were hot garbage.

Green Bay's offensive line is not good. The QB only gets a lot of time because Rodgers runs away from the rush.  If you don't get to him unblocked it's off to the races.

Good blocking would have him standing in the pocket, planting his feet, and actually having time to throw like a typical pocket passer. Sometimes he gets that, sure, but he sure as hell didn't last night. Pass blocking is, in reality, fair but far from adequate for a typical pocket passer.

They can't run block to save their lives. Either that, or their backs are just terrible. Their top rusher last night was a WR. That's why I say the line, overall, is not good. They do have a killer LT, but unfortunately he can't block everybody.

A GOOD offensive line is one that can pass block and run block well. IE: New England, Dallas.

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yeah if he wins that again this year and adds a 2nd SB with a 2nd SB MVP, along with the great TD/INT ratio year in and year out, he would have to be considered in that discussion

Talent wise he may be Top 10 already. Marino was the most talented passer I have ever seen so that gives him a pass IMO to being in the Top 10 despite never winning a SB. Marino did win an MVP and lost to Montana in the SB so that loss is nothing to be shameful about.

Just now, Moose Of Woe said:

Also that site has Denver's pass blocking  ranked 11 and run blocking at 2. Their offense is abysmal. I think that says it all.

That just means that most OL are not good. I think GB has more than "adequate" pass protection. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That just means that most OL are not good. I think GB has more than "adequate" pass protection. 

Actually I misread it, they have Denver at 28 overall which is much better lol! The stats below are for individuals. It said they had the No.2 ranked run blocking center, not overall.

I think GB's pass protection is adequate, too, but largely because of the guy they're trying to protect. I don't think it would be adequate for your typical pocket passer.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rodgers sometimes seems like he has all day to throw. When I watch Luck he rarely does.

Make no mistake. I would take GB's line over ours in the blink of an eye. Along with around 28 other team lines.

It's only been a decade since it started falling apart in 2007. Maybe one year they'll actually address it? Nah...we need another speedy WR that can't possibly get open in 1.5 seconds before Luck gets killed.

1 minute ago, Moose Of Woe said:

Make no mistake. I would take GB's line over ours in the blink of an eye. Along with around 28 other team lines.

Yeah our Line has been bad since Luck has been in Indy. I will say this I thought I seen improvement the last few weeks of the season though. I also think Kelly will be solid for years.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Talent wise he may be Top 10 already. Marino was the most talented passer I have ever seen so that gives him a pass IMO to being in the Top 10 despite never winning a SB. Marino did win an MVP and lost to Montana in the SB so that loss is nothing to be shameful about.

Talent wise, Aaron Rodgers is the most physically gifted QB I have ever seen

4 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

It's only been a decade since it started falling apart in 2007. Maybe one year they'll actually address it? Nah...we need another speedy WR that can't possibly get open in 1.5 seconds before Luck gets killed.

Oh I would definitely take GBs OL over the Colts. It still baffles me how the OL is this big a problem with a franchise QB like Andrew. You would think the guy would be protected by now

Rodgers moves in the pocket so well, I don't know how you can judge his line realistically.  I think he makes his line look good.  Brady sits in a clean pocket and gets rid of the ball quickly.  In the event that he ever gets hit, he has a "penalty" button he presses on the left side of his helmet that alerts the refs.  The right side has a "whine" button that he presses just in case. 

On 1/16/2017 at 6:24 AM, CoachLite said:

Agree. And in addition....  I still can't figure out what that  "unsportsmanlike" penalty early in the game against Dallas was all about. :scratch:     I have never heard anything so absurd.   

14 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Rodgers moves in the pocket so well, I don't know how you can judge his line realistically.  I think he makes his line look good.  Brady sits in a clean pocket and gets rid of the ball quickly.  In the event that he ever gets hit, he has a "penalty" button he presses on the left side of his helmet that alerts the refs.  The right side has a "whine" button that he presses just in case. 

^^^This is hilarious. :)

16 hours ago, LockeDown said:

haha  This is hilarious...   lmao      you may be on to something