Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Romo wants to play for Denver

RockThatBlue

Tony won't be moving to DEN unless they trade for him:
And DEN won't trade for him because:

1. His salary is ridiculous and 14M base + 5 Siging Bonus(he is counting as ~25M cap space for the Cowboys)
  2. He would take a paycut(i mean he would had to drop his salary from ~20M per year to 8-10M) but DEN has learned not to overpay and Romo is way overpaid.
  3. He got injured with the FREAKING best OL, DEN isn't OL isn't good, so Elway knows that Romo could get injured that's too much risk for a player with such salary.
  4. Tony isn't dumb he won't give up 20M per year for the next 2 years, his career is over but he can still take around 30M in the next 2 years. 19.6M Dead cap if released in 2017, 8,9M in 2018.

I saw this clip on "Undisputed" today recorded on my DVR. Part of me is overjoyed because Jerry's obsession with starting Romo next yr means Dallas will be disappointed again, but I do feel bad for Dak Prescott since that man had an incredible season winning 13 games & Jerry does not seem to appreciate how lucky he is & keep Dak in the starting lineup. 

Now, if you wanna criticize SW1 for loving the Cowboys collapse in the playoffs & liking Prescott personally, I will take the heat on that & you're right...I am torn here. Bottom line: Until Jones releases Tony, that franchise won't win jack you know what when it counts. 

On 1/15/2017 at 3:38 PM, jshipp23 said:

How do you know this? Where is your source? They just said they are not inclined to trade for him..Im sure they hope Jones releases him based on loyalty much like the Colts did for Manning..I still can't believe Colts were dumb enough to not trade him to Broncos and get draft picks in return like the Packers did with Favre..

well for starters, entirely different situation:  If i recall right, for the Colts to have been able to trade Manning, he would have had to pass a physical first, which he wasn't cleared to do by the time they had to trade him, March 28th I believe it was and 2nd, they would have had to pay his HUGE roster bonus which would have counted against the salary cap, further hindering what was already a tight situation on the cap front.  Thirdly, they did Manning as right as possible, letting him select where HE wanted to end his career, not who paid the colts the most. So being "dumb" wasnt the problem.... you can pin a lot of things on Irsay/Grigs, but they handled the Manning thing about as well as anyone could.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 1:44 AM, Jact.stark said:

Tony won't be moving to DEN unless they trade for him:
And DEN won't trade for him because:

1. His salary is ridiculous and 14M base + 5 Siging Bonus(he is counting as ~25M cap space for the Cowboys)
  2. He would take a paycut(i mean he would had to drop his salary from ~20M per year to 8-10M) but DEN has learned not to overpay and Romo is way overpaid.
  3. He got injured with the FREAKING best OL, DEN isn't OL isn't good, so Elway knows that Romo could get injured that's too much risk for a player with such salary.
  4. Tony isn't dumb he won't give up 20M per year for the next 2 years, his career is over but he can still take around 30M in the next 2 years. 19.6M Dead cap if released in 2017, 8,9M in 2018.

Tony Romo wont go to Denver unless Dallas releases him...(unlikely)

You are right.....I dont think Denver will take on his current contract..

But forget about the  'he's gong to get hurt behind THAT line' logic line.

1.) They wont have THAT line next season./ Some of those guys at headed out of town

2.) If Romo does get hurt....Denver is left with Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian...exactly what they have now

On 1/15/2017 at 3:13 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet

Was asked about #Cowboys’ plans for Tony Romo in 2017. No secret, #Broncos are his No. 1 spot. I’m told DEN is not inclined to trade for him

He would get killed behind that line and the lack of a running game would mean he be on IR in 3 weeks. Denver is the wrong spot for him! 

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Tony Romo wont go to Denver unless Dallas releases him...(unlikely)

You are right.....I dont think Denver will take on his current contract..

But forget about the  'he's gong to get hurt behind THAT line' logic line.

1.) They wont have THAT line next season./ Some of those guys at headed out of town

2.) If Romo does get hurt....Denver is left with Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian...exactly what they have now

He got hurt behind the best line in the NFL.  2 years in a row.

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Except for the 15 million per they would have paid him.

I don't think they would pick up his deal...

He'd have to be released and willing to play on a one-year prove-it deal..based on how many games he played.

You know how that is.  he isn't going anywhere with the deal he has now

Its a no loss situation for Denver and with  Gary Kubiak retiring, its much more possible

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't think they would pick up his deal...

He'd have to be released and willing to play on a one-year prove-it deal..based on how many games he played.

You know how that is.  he isn't going anywhere with the deal he has now

Its a no loss situation for Denver and with  Gary Kubiak retiring, its much more possible

He won't sign a prove it deal at his age.  

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

He won't sign a prove it deal at his age.  

He's got to 'J'.....any where he goes he's got to sign a deal with injury protections for management.

Nobody's guaranteeing $15 mil......at his age either...

You're no fan of my man Trevor Siemian...and Paxton Lynch started twice and just wasnt ready..

Denver really has little to lose...

There's no way they resign the left tackle Okung,.....there's the money right there