Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top Free Agents for 2017 from NFL.com

So.......

The story offers a top 25....   then a dozen more who nearly made the list....

But it also offers everyone who is available at this point.....      and the list gets broken down...

By team....      by position....        So,  look at the menu at the top and click on what interests you.

And remember,   the top free agents at positions almost always get their top money.     Much more than fans typically think they're worth.     Very few home town discounts for the best players.      Those guys get paid!

Here's your list....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000773114/article/2017-nfl-unrestricted-free-agents-by-position

2 hours ago, 12to13 said:

Do you think the Colts sign one of the players from the top 25 list?

Yes.....     I'd be surprised if we didn't.

It may not be the player(s)  that fans here want,  but I believe we will sign at least one, if not two of the top-25 free agents,   and then potentially one or two more of the lesser priced free agents.   

And then,   who knows,  perhaps one or two of the famous Grigson 99 cent bargain basement blue light specials!    :thmup:

57 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Grigson will sign a couple average players that won't make an impact.  Not trying to be negative, but that has been his history. 

No way man. That has been his history, and that's why I expect him to finally have some damn common sense after all these years and sign a player(s) that can be legitimate starters. There's just no way he fails so hard again... right?:wall:

Nick Perry or Melvin Ingram needs to be a Colt. Then we need to sign one of the ILB's Zach Brown, Jamies Collins, Hightower, and there's 2-3 more I wouldn't mind. We also need to sign a CB. Bouye would be my top target. But this is a deep class for FA CB's. There's a few guys I'd love. But we need to look at some guards and a NT like Brandon Williams or Jonathan Hankins too. But hopefully Haeg and Clark are the answers at RG and RT. Hopefully thr both come into their 2nd seasons and break out, but we still have to consider bringing in a guard IMO. Our line was better, but I want a top 5 line. I'm tired of hoping our young O-Linemen will break out.

Give me......

Nick Perry

Zach Brown

AJ Bouye

TJ Lang

And I'll be happy. Let Haeg and Clark battle it out for the RT spot, and if bot turn into studs let Lang go after his first season or something.

A lot of good corners and rbs in the draft but considering cb is a position that is hard to transition to the NFL I'd like to take a veteran in FA re-sign Butler to play the slot and back up safety and then look at a corner in the draft to develop. If we are going to try to make a jump back into the playoffs I think we have to expect some young defenders will take time to make contributions. I'd imagine we would also need to look at a pass rusher and probably a veteran MLB that can step in right away in free agency. If I was going to spend my money it would be on an OLB and starting corner then middling MLB and DL help. If we could do that we could go pass rush cb and RB in the draft and and possibly bring them along at a reasonable rate. I think Grigson and company have to see the writing on the wall that they have to make a turn around this offseason and to do that the defense has to make a quick leap and I just don't think you can expect rookies to step right in and contribute at key positions that we have big issues in. This offseason is going  to be very defensive focused I think. If we bring back Gore and Turbin maybe Jack if the price is right then I think a RB and maybe a OL backup in FA or late pick. The right mix of guys this team can compete for the division...maybe not the SB but we have to take 1 step at a time.

In my opinion we should focus our draft picks on the front 7 and spend some free agency money in the secondary. Why? because positions in the secondary take time to develop while the key to the front 7 in most teams is to be young and athletic. Specifically i think we should sign some CB because the S position seems to be shaping up with mike adams the veteran, Clayton Geathers, and TJ Green. Mike adams is a great veteran that provides leadership while Geathers showed major skill in the games that he played. Tj Green didn't preform all that well but with coaching and leadership behind Adams and the coaches i think he could turn into a decent player. With that said behind Vonte Davis we really don't have another solid CB. If we draft pass rushers that dosen't nesscerialy mean we are going to create a lot of pressure so if we still can't create a lot of pressure we should be able to defend the pass and maybe keep some veterans up front this year and mix in rookies so in future years we can have a very young and athletic front 7. So in future years we end up with a very talented defensive.

IMO, FORGET the salary cap. For all Grigson did to keep us in a great salary cap situation, what good is it, if it leads to a handful of mediocre seasons and the "wait till next year" mentality?

IMO go all in for Dontari Poe and Chandler Jones...offer $15+ million a year if necessary (actual cap hit is far less btw).