Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Kind Of Fan Are You?

King Colt

We se all types at games and at bars so where do you fit in? For me, I never screamed or jumped up and down when they win and never throw things when they lose. I have always seen it as nothing I can do nothing to change anything about the game and or outcome. I never had a superstition or wore team jerseys, etc. at games. I will never stand in line for hours to see any tem play any game and no longer will tolerate the traffic after the game. Cold beer, a few friends and TV at home is my Sunday.

scream and yell, especially if I'm at the game but also if I'm watching on TV home and alone

Game day wear for sure regardless of where I am.  Colts flag all season

sometimes I plan a party around the game

Not a fan of after game traffic but, I can deal with that

I'm just glad we have a roof because I won't sit in the cold and rain to watch a game.  I used to do that for college sports until I decided I'd had enough of that

I used to go to at least 1 or 2 games a season and have been to probably 40 games or so in my lifetime since the Colts moved to Indy in 1984. Anymore I prefer to just watch at home in the comforts of my own home with a plate of wings and a 12 pack in my fridge. I hate fighting traffic anymore and as I am older I like being comfortable kicking back in my recliner. Having said that when the Colts are involved in a close game it gets tough for me to watch because I want them to win so bad and when they lose it bothers me for at least 2 or 3 days. So with that last part I know I am true fan because when they lose it bothers me.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I have repaired many holes in my drywall over the years because of the colts.   I am older now,  I still get upset over losses,  But it fades much faster now

I really only got real upset twice this season and it was both Houston games. The other losses bothered me too but not like those 2 losses. Losing to Houston in Indy bothered me all that week because I knew the season was basically over and we lost to a team we shouldn't of.

I dont get angry at my team...

I know they aren't trying to lose.  I never,ever want my team to lose..

I do not care about draft position. I want to win every game..even exhibitions

I am more happy when we win than sad or mad when we lose.

The end of the season is sad because there's so many months to the next game..

..but I always look forward to the next game..that's what its all about to me.

The next game.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really only got real upset twice this season and it was both Houston games. The other losses bothered me too but not like those 2 losses. Losing to Houston in Indy bothered me all that week because I knew the season was basically over and we lost to a team we shouldn't of.

The maddest I've been after a game was the Pittsburgh playoff loss in 05. Thats the first and only time I threw a few things after a loss. To this day, that loss and missed kick still make me sick. I've had plenty of losses make me upset, but that team was the best team in the NFL that year and that team losing drove me crazy. Winning it all in 06 helped, but man..

The SB loss to the Saints was tough too, I to this day can't believe Hank Baskett blew that onside kick. 

I typically watch INDY games at home on Direct TV. You see more on TV anyway with high definition TVs & multiple camera angles. I get the camaraderie thing hanging out with fellow Colts fans & sooner or later, I'll see a game live at LOS in the flesh. 

I can watch a game quietly, but what usually sets me off are poor referee calls or substandard performances in a playoff game. I normally can let bad games go after a few hours unless we get our caboose's kicked by NE, Pittsburgh, or Dallas. Those outcomes linger with me for awhile. I just want to be competitive even in a loss. That's a big deal to me. I know our guys did their best win or lose & I don't go after them viciously ever. 

I like certain TV broadcasters like John Lynch & Solomon Wilcotts who are sharp as a tack. Dan Fouts & Ian Eagle who are very funny on air--the bird & the beard man. Phil Sims & Jim Nantz who just click well as a duo. Troy Aikman & Joe Buck are solid too. I just don't watch that many NFC games minus the Giants for example. 

Do to Army life I typically stream my games at home. Rarely miss a Colts game. Since the Colts won in 2006-07, I find myself not as consumed nor emotional about games. The 1995 and 2006 playoff losses to the Steelers messed me up inside for a week. I no longer feel that way when they lose.

I honestly like to watch games by myself. I feel watching with other people who have no clue about the game drive me crazy when they start to talk.. I stay calm most times unless it's a rival game I'll get more into it. I live in CT so when the Colts play the Patriots, I close my blinds and put my phone on silence because I have jerks for friends.

11 hours ago, MPStack said:

Do to Army life I typically stream my games at home. Rarely miss a Colts game. Since the Colts won in 2006-07, I find myself not as consumed nor emotional about games. The 1995 and 2006 playoff losses to the Steelers messed me up inside for a week. I no longer feel that way when they lose.

Ha I know what you mean. That Superbowl loss to the Saints was even worse, I was on the edge of a cliff for what seemed like much longer than a week!!! 

We attend a minimum of two games a year.  I absolutely love being at the games,  I love the crowds, I love the atmosphere, and yes I can yell and scream with the best of them.

I love watching games at home with my sons and grandkids too.  My cats run and hide :hide:  when the games come on, so that should tell you something.   haha 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, King Colt said:

We se all types at games and at bars so where do you fit in? For me, I never screamed or jumped up and down when they win and never throw things when they lose. I have always seen it as nothing I can do nothing to change anything about the game and or outcome. I never had a superstition or wore team jerseys, etc. at games. I will never stand in line for hours to see any tem play any game and no longer will tolerate the traffic after the game. Cold beer, a few friends and TV at home is my Sunday.

good question...KC

1 minute ago, VocableLoki said:

The times I can remember being upset were the Brady/Manning games throughout the 00's. Just felt really personal for Peyton to win those; I've never been more joyful after a Colts game than the '06 championship round.

The 2006 Title Game still ranks as my happiest moment sports. I had no doubt we would beat the Bears so when we won that it was more of a feeling of relief to finally win a SB. Maddest I have ever been is when we lost to the Steelers in 2005. We played lousy but still barely lost, after we lost that game I was in shock for days and didn't even watch any sports for days.

4 hours ago, Gramz said:

We attend a minimum of two games a year.  I absolutely love being at the games,  I love the crowds, I love the atmosphere, and yes I can yell and scream with the best of them.

I love watching games at home with my sons and grandkids too.  My cats run and hide :hide:  when the games come on, so that should tell you something.   haha 

I haven't been to a game since late 2013 when we smoked the Texans 25-3 but like I posted earlier I used to go to 1 or 2 a season routinely and make it a party type of day. It would be St Elmo's after the game if it was an early game, if it was late game it would St Elmo's before the game. Anymore I just prefer to stay at home rather than fight the traffic and be around crowds though. I guess I am just getting old haha. I have seen the Texans, Jags, and Titans live so many times I have lost count but the best game I ever attended was the 2009 game vs the Pats - sweet win on a Sunday Night too!

I typically go to 1 home game every year and a couple roads games. All the other Sundays I have all my friends over in what I call the Benoit Sports bar it's just a small bar in my basement decked out with Colts stuff. I have 6 Tvs so we watch 6 different games since we all cheer for different teams colts game always get the main tv with the sound. When I go to games live I pretty quiet and shy but in my own house I found myself yelling a lot especially that Texans game we blew this year. Takes me a couple days to get over a loss but honestly it's the ups and downs that truly make this game special. 

4 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

I typically go to 1 home game every year and a couple roads games. All the other Sundays I have all my friends over in what I call the Benoit Sports bar it's just a small bar in my basement decked out with Colts stuff. I have 6 Tvs so we watch 6 different games since we all cheer for different teams colts game always get the main tv with the sound. When I go to games live I pretty quiet and shy but in my own house I found myself yelling a lot especially that Texans game we blew this year. Takes me a couple days to get over a loss but honestly it's the ups and downs that truly make this game special. 

Yeah me too, I am pretty quiet at games live but at home I am cussing and yelling haha. We usually won though when I went to games so I had nothing to cuss at.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah me too, I am pretty quiet at games live but at home I am cussing and yelling haha. We usually won though when I went to games so I had nothing to cuss at.

Oh I've had many reason to get mad at the games I've been too haha doesn't seem like a good idea at road games decked out in colts gear lol

3 minutes ago, coltsleafs said:

Oh I've had many reason to get mad at the games I've been too haha doesn't seem like a good idea at road games decked out in colts gear lol

I have only been to 1 road game in my life and it was at Chicago in 2004. 40 or so home games I would say though. That 2004 game we kicked the crap out of Chicago so there crowd wasn't into the game anyway. Manning was on fire that day.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have only been to 1 road game in my life and it was at Chicago in 2004. 40 or so home games I would say though. That 2004 game we kicked the crap out of Chicago so there crowd wasn't into the game anyway. Manning was on fire that day.

That was like colts Vikings game I was at this year 

2 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

I've never had a problem.  I've been to Foxborough three times, Philly once, Washington once, Baltimore three or four times, and saw the Colts play the Jets once in Jersey.  I always wear my Colts stuff when I go to Colts games, home or away, and none of the opposing fans have ever given me any problems.  That's one of the cool things about living on the east coast.  There are so many NFL stadiums within a day's travel distance.

Thru this season I have been a season ticket holder, but that's about to change.  As I get older, and other things start to come into focus, I am more at ease with things now than say 5 or 10 years ago.  I used to cuss, hit things, whatever.  I still don't like it when they lose, but I can get over it much easier now.  I like Redzone so I think I'll just stick to watching that most Sunday's from here on.  Think I will go to about 2 Colts games a year, 1 at home, and one at a nice location somewhere on the road.  That will do it for me in person.  And although I don't like the direction the team is currently headed, I know it can all turn around quickly with the right personnel, so I hold out hope and keep rootin for the 'Shoe.

Been a fan since I was a little kid. First game I remember is Super Bowl III.

Used to yell at the TV and let the losses bother me. Now, I still yell at the TV, but get over losses almost immediately, except for playoff losses and elimination games like the 2nd Houston game. Those linger a little longer. 

Attend 3-4 games a year, traveling 10 hours one way (yeah, the wife and I are crazy!). The city is awesome so we always have a great weekend, win or lose. Good thing too, because the last 2 years the team is 2-5 in games we have attended. Anyone want to pay us to stay home? :) 

Elbowing people gently when the Colts convert a big 3rd down, wanting to pick up the phone and call someone in excitement whenever a 4th quarter comeback happens, that's how much I get into games during game time. However, in the Luck era, the last couple of years, I've gotten de-sensitized to plays not working, expectations being let down that I do not cheer nearly as hard as I used to. 

i just watch with a "well, we will never beat the Big Boys anyways (Patriots, Steelers etc.), let's see if we can hang with the smaller boys of the AFC South" attitude. There's a bit of resignation in the fanatical attitude, if you know what I mean.

In public, I'm pretty chill. In private, I'm still pretty chill, but a close game or a playoff game will get me jumping up and down occasionally. There is a video of me floating around somewhere, taken during the Broncos - Pats championship game, where I am audibly moaning and dramatically falling to the floor with my hood pulled over my head after Gronk got a TD towards the end of the game. Always good for a laugh.

I've been similar to Chad recently. I've generally resigned myself to the fact that we're not going to beat the Pats/Steelers so I don't get nearly as upset when we lose. 

I'm normally quiet when I watch games, as hard as that is to believe around here. I'm usually venting my frustration on this board, as I'm sure you all know. There are a few exceptions to the rule.

I've only gotten emotional a few times during a game. One was Lee Evans not holding onto the game winning TD pass that would've sent the Ravens to the Super Bowl against the Pats in 2011 (hit the corner of my laptop). Same with the Bills vs Jets game in 2011 where Stevie Johnson dropped most likely the game winning TD that hit him right on the money. Effectively ended the Bills season right there.

I have given out a few fist pumps though, especially the 2009 4th and 2 Patriots vs Colts game and the 2013 AFCCG between the Patriots vs Broncos.

Although I did throw a plastic bottle at the wall when the Bills couldn't finish the game against the Seahawks this year on the final drive. Boy I REALLY wanted that win...

On 1/12/2017 at 7:22 PM, oldunclemark said:

I dont get angry at my team...

I know they aren't trying to lose.  I never,ever want my team to lose..

I do not care about draft position. I want to win every game..even exhibitions

I am more happy when we win than sad or mad when we lose.

The end of the season is sad because there's so many months to the next game..

..but I always look forward to the next game..that's what its all about to me.

The next game.

^^^ This sums up what kind of fan I am. I never boo my teams (Vikes, Mets, Stanford football) and I always want them to win. If they don't, I will be upset for an hour or so, but I move on quickly after that. 

I enjoy the games at home, at a sports bar or at the stadium. This year I traveled to Minny and to DC to see Vikes games. I also attended two Giants games at Met Life Stadium, courtesy of my friend. I love football and am happy to attend any game. I have never had any problems with opposing fans. Next year, I plan to see the Vikes in Atlanta as well as in Minny. There is a small chance I may also attend the London game (Vikes vs. Browns). 

I never throw things, punch walls (or people :P) or do anything that might hurt others or myself. I might yell something but I am always careful who is around me. 

When football is over, I can't wait for football to resume.

I like to watch with my son or alone.  Not many Colt fans in my area.  I am nervous like a cat.  I pace, talk to myself, turn tv off and on, play the guitar if things get bad, raise my hands in relief if we win.  I don't brag or trash talk if we win and if we lose I can take it unless someone at work Starts talking big.  I am ultra competitive and that unfortunately gets to me.

The kind that plays drums with his father and brother while having full body paint when watching Argentina play soccer live.  We all get into the mosh with our fellow Argentine brethren and go crazy.  I'm sure I'm in many YouTube or FB videos from the last Word Cup or Copa America... Lol 

Colts fan wise though?  Much more low key since no one else in my family is a Colts fan.  Mainly consists of watching the games on illegal streams at my Fraternity on my crappy laptop while getting animated about any number of poor/well executed plays.  Live at games though I will paint myself up and dye the hair because that's just the kind of person I am. 

On 1/15/2017 at 11:33 AM, chad72 said:

Elbowing people gently when the Colts convert a big 3rd down, wanting to pick up the phone and call someone in excitement whenever a 4th quarter comeback happens, that's how much I get into games during game time. However, in the Luck era, the last couple of years, I've gotten de-sensitized to plays not working, expectations being let down that I do not cheer nearly as hard as I used to. 

i just watch with a "well, we will never beat the Big Boys anyways (Patriots, Steelers etc.), let's see if we can hang with the smaller boys of the AFC South" attitude. There's a bit of resignation in the fanatical attitude, if you know what I mean.

Yeah I remember watching the Colts superbowl game against the Bears and Devin Hester ran one back in the first play, as we all know.  I threw a lighter at the tv and then awkwardly looked around, someone said, "You're not at home!".  I said, oh yeah and picked it up.  The games would make pretty bi-polar, the lows were low, the highs were high, losing to the Pats always stung during the Manning era.  You knew the regular season game could determine who got home field in the playoffs.  Beating the Pats in the AFCCG was ridiculous and a huge celebration, funny because I was super depressed at half-time.  I remember trying to call to get tickets for the game when I was at work, I called a bunch of times, finally got through and they put me on hold, only to hang up on me minutes before the tickets were available.  I called on my next break and the tickets were sold out.  

Nowadays, not much emotion involved.  My boss is a Lions fan and I told him, this game will determine which one of our seasons are worth following.  I would say that assessment pretty much stood true.  Also, I am a massive Cubs fan and watching them in the World Series, while ultimately was the greatest thing ever, was emotionally exhausting.  

I thought I would watch the colts all my life. But the way the game has shifted, the refs have gotten worse, and now that I am losing faith in the ownership of the colts, we will see how things go. But I like the OP have never been a yell and scream kind of fan. And more so do I get over losses. I have watched every colts game since I could understand football. And I have loved the experience. But the experience as of late, has led me to feel like I can do without the negativity of this team, and this league. 

On 1/13/2017 at 10:09 PM, JCPatriot said:

I've never had a problem.  I've been to Foxborough three times, Philly once, Washington once, Baltimore three or four times, and saw the Colts play the Jets once in Jersey.  I always wear my Colts stuff when I go to Colts games, home or away, and none of the opposing fans have ever given me any problems.  That's one of the cool things about living on the east coast.  There are so many NFL stadiums within a day's travel distance.

Ya I've been to Foxborough, Baltimore, Buffalo, Carolina, New Orleans, Indy, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Minnesota, Arizona, London, Detroit, Jacksonville, and Oakland. Haven't had any issues at all heckels here and there but nothing major most annoying thing that has ever happened is a guy in a purple suit at the Ravens game kept saying (good Luck, bad luck, no Luck and this isn't Stanford anymore the entire game hoping I would turn around and acknowledge him. Eventually a Ravens fans told him to hush lmao Off to Seattle and Nashville next year

Pretty quiet fan here.   I will jump up and celebrate a good win or a great play.   Curse under my breath at bad plays or losses.   Not superstitious at all.  

Another season like this and I may be the one wearing the Fire Pagano/Grigson T-shirt.