Bengals: Derek Barnett 

Bills: Jamal Adams  

Saints: Jabrill Peppers 

Browns: Deshone Kizer 

Cardinals: Tim Williams 

Eagles: Corey Davis

Colts: Dalvin Cook

2 hours ago, Coltsfan0112 said:

I think if the Eagles do get the 14th pick and Dalvin Cook is available in think they would pull the trigger. I also don't see Marlon Humphrey in the top 15.

I agree on the Eagles, but I do think Humphrey can go top 15. But honestly there's about 5 CBs that could go in the top 15. It's a deep draft.

Bowen: Dalvin Cook is a tremendous talent. I think he has a chance to be special. But, like I say in every mailbag, a running back in Round One is not the route I would take. Defense. Defense. Defense. That's the path I would go down in the very early rounds. You can find a middle-round running back who can make an impact. Of the NFL's top 10 runners this past season, only 1 was a former first-round pick. You can wait on a running back.

I think Solomon Thomas goes in the top 15.  Once the combine is over I think boards will look a little different.  This guy will be a big combine performer.  I am just curious at what GM's think.  Should  he add some weight and be more interior Dline or try and keep him outside and hope he becomes a beast.  He does not bend like others but has some great power.

1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

It's gonna suck the Jags will get Allen or Garret. They are going to have a couple all-pros on defense. 

I can definitely see them getting Allen.  If they get a coach in there on D that can get these guys together they will become a scary defense.

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

That's a good question.  He could be great with 5 or 3-technique but some say he might fit better with a 4-3.

I think we could play him at the 3 tech spot. Putting him there with a decent pass rusher from the draft could be to much for the left side of an o line to handle. Even if they put more protection to that side it would free up whoever is at the 5 tech spot in pass rush. The only question I have is in run support but from what I have read he is decent at that as well.

1 minute ago, KB said:

I think we could play him at the 3 tech spot. Putting him there with a decent pass rusher from the draft could be to much for the left side of an o line to handle. Even if they put more protection to that side it would free up whoever is at the 5 tech spot in pass rush. The only question I have is in run support but from what I have read he is decent at that as well.

Yea I would say this is a guy who benefited a lot of his bowl game performance.  He was already solid but this put him on everyone's radar.  West coast schools do not get a lot of exposure with late games for the most part.  Put him and an Edge like Harris on the same side from the draft and that's pretty solid.  Assuming Harris would drop to us in the 2nd.

10 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Yea I would say this is a guy who benefited a lot of his bowl game performance.  He was already solid but this put him on everyone's radar.  West coast schools do not get a lot of exposure with late games for the most part.  Put him and an Edge like Harris on the same side from the draft and that's pretty solid.  Assuming Harris would drop to us in the 2nd.

The thing is I don't know what "good" pass rusher will be available in the second. I would love if we got Thomas then Harris but that seems unlikely. Alot seem to think Takkarist will be there but I don't think he makes it out of the first. May be we get a good FA to put next to him and get a EDGE to groom.

I thought about the run support from that spot and I think swapping him and Henry Anderson out would help in that. Henry seems to be better at stopping the run anyways. Hopefully he returns to form next year. Anderson Ridgeway and Thomas on a D line sounds like something fierce. Put a better NT in there and that would defiantly give this defense an identity. If the other team has to plan around them our blitz would be outrageous. I think I'm hyping this up to much in my head but could you imagine that.

6 minutes ago, KB said:

The thing is I don't know what "good" pass rusher will be available in the second. I would love if we got Thomas then Harris but that seems unlikely. Alot seem to think Takkarist will be there but I don't think he makes it out of the first. May be we get a good FA to put next to him and get a EDGE to groom.

I thought about the run support from that spot and I think swapping him and Henry Anderson out would help in that. Henry seems to be better at stopping the run anyways. Hopefully he returns to form next year. Anderson Ridgeway and Thomas on a D line sounds like something fierce. Put a better NT in there and that would defiantly give this defense an identity. If the other team has to plan around them our blitz would be outrageous. I think I'm hyping this up to much in my head but could you imagine that.

I think everything I have seen lately has McKinley shooting up boards and I have not seen the same for Harris.  Does not mean much but if he feel that would be nice.  But to the second part what about getting Thomas in the 1st and Jaleel Johnson in the second.  Now you have Thomas, Johnson, and Anderson as a nice D-Line with some great depth with Parry and Ridgeway.  Then in the 3rd or 4th you grab BPA (hopefully that is a top Edge, ILB, and RB with the 3 picks) The last two picks would be depth guys you hope could make some impact if not just the roster.

5 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I think everything I have seen lately has McKinley shooting up boards and I have not seen the same for Harris.  Does not mean much but if he feel that would be nice.  But to the second part what about getting Thomas in the 1st and Jaleel Johnson in the second.  Now you have Thomas, Johnson, and Anderson as a nice D-Line with some great depth with Parry and Ridgeway.  Then in the 3rd or 4th you grab BPA (hopefully that is a top Edge, ILB, and RB with the 3 picks) The last two picks would be depth guys you hope could make some impact if not just the roster.

I like that idea. Maybe even vita vea. Either would work for me. I'm looking at Anthony Walker Jr. In the third. After that maybe we could grab Ejuan Price then Brian Hill. Yeah with these moves the defense could make leaps in terms of progress

8 minutes ago, KB said:

I like that idea. Maybe even vita vea. Either would work for me. I'm looking at Anthony Walker Jr. In the third. After that maybe we could grab Ejuan Price then Brian Hill. Yeah with these moves the defense could make leaps in terms of progress

I like Walker Jr. a lot.  I have not seen if Vea was declaring for the draft but I think he will be pretty solid.  I just do not like the thought of a guy in College that has people saying he needs motivated to show his freak ability.  This is when you show it all at times to get to t he promise land and money.  I have seen some of Hill and he looks pretty good but I like either Kareem Hunt or a Wayne Gallman if he drops to the 4th.

I am very curious about FA though.  The amount of help we can get on the defensive side is there but I also do not want to go broke over a few names.  With the next two years of FA and drafts I see us being able to build the so called "monster" they keep talking about.  The question is by that time will Grigson and Pagano be here to see it.

7 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I like Walker Jr. a lot.  I have not seen if Vea was declaring for the draft but I think he will be pretty solid.  I just do not like the thought of a guy in College that has people saying he needs motivated to show his freak ability.  This is when you show it all at times to get to t he promise land and money.  I have seen some of Hill and he looks pretty good but I like either Kareem Hunt or a Wayne Gallman if he drops to the 4th.

I am very curious about FA though.  The amount of help we can get on the defensive side is there but I also do not want to go broke over a few names.  With the next two years of FA and drafts I see us being able to build the so called "monster" they keep talking about.  The question is by that time will Grigson and Pagano be here to see it.

If they can improve the defense this year I don't see them going anywhere. And that only due to the fact that if we improve on defense then we will make the playoffs. No question in my mind about that.

With vaes motor being in question, I think we can work passed that. Ridgeway had the same questions about him coming into the year and they seemed to of put a fire under his butt.

I would like Gillman as well. Would be a similar back to Gore in my eyes. Not gonna break to many huge gain off but could get you a consistent 4-7 yards each time he touches the ball.

3 minutes ago, KB said:

If they can improve the defense this year I don't see them going anywhere. And that only due to the fact that if we improve on defense then we will make the playoffs. No question in my mind about that.

With vaes motor being in question, I think we can work passed that. Ridgeway had the same questions about him coming into the year and they seemed to of put a fire under his butt.

I would like Gillman as well. Would be a similar back to Gore in my eyes. Not gonna break to many huge gain off but could get you a consistent 4-7 yards each time he touches the ball.

I forgot about Ridegeway in that respect, great point.  Also, I agree if we have an improved D maybe in the middle at 14 to 16th in the league we should be in the playoffs.

Gallman to me has great qualities and he can block if need be.  We just need to get a back that can catch out of the backfield as well.  I know Gallman is not someone who was a constant threat with this I don't think.

13 minutes ago, Archer said:

Reuben Foster as #2?  I see people putting him in the Top 5 and I seriously doubt it.  He'd have to be the guaranteed second coming of Kuechly...

I've seen this a couple times for SF. I think second coming of Patrick Willis is generally what they'd be hoping for. 

18 hours ago, danlhart87 said:
17 hours ago, 12to13 said:

He'll be a difference maker.. I think the Bengals will take him 

*I can't say bungal anymore haha

Oh, I agree about Foster.  He's my fondest hope for #15/14, but I think he'll go in the 9-12 range or so...