Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Role for Peyton Manning

BProland85

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

It's kind of hard to believe that Ballard would jump onto the Colts GM position accepting the fact that he will be overseen by Manning.  I'll wait for an official announcement before buying into this, because it wouldn't be the first time Brad Wells pushed this story.  He doesn't usually break Colts news as far as I'm aware, and I don't know why he'd be behind one of the biggest Colts' headlines since he started covering the Colts.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Someone as competitive and football-driven as Peyton would probably have a lot of interest in returning to the game in some capacity.

Eh, you just don't know.

I love making money, but i wouldn't make it if I didn't have to, so ya know.

38 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

It's kind of hard to believe that Ballard would jump onto the Colts GM position accepting the fact that he will be overseen by Manning.  I'll wait for an official announcement before buying into this, because it wouldn't be the first time Brad Wells pushed this story.  He doesn't usually break Colts news as far as I'm aware, and I don't know why he'd be behind one of the biggest Colts' headlines since he started covering the Colts.

I think the idea is that Ballard was aware this was going on already.

I find the story questionable, as I do with anything Brad Wells says. He pushed some big rumors after the season ended, and none of them worked out. We'll see about this.

Wow, this would be huge news and gets me excited for the future, but as Superman said, it's questionable. I will simply keep it at cautious optimism... but man, what a blockbuster FO move this would be.  And I liked the part about Pagano not really being in the cards down the road.  But I hate the not knowing part.  How about some clichés or sayings at this point... Rome wasn't built in a day, the two most powerful warriors are patience and time, patience is bitter but her fruit is sweet.............

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

I think the idea is that Ballard was aware this was going on already.

I find the story questionable, as I do with anything Brad Wells says. He pushed some big rumors after the season ended, and none of them worked out. We'll see about this.

FWIW, JMV was all over this story back in January as well, but everyone kind of let him off the hook.

Brad Wells knows nothing about football, NFL level, college level, high school level, heck he probably doesn't know anything about Pop Warner football.

I sincerely doubt if Brad Wells has any sources inside the Colts organization.

But I will give him credit, he knows how to get people to retweet his nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Brad Wells knows nothing about football, NFL level, college level, high school level, heck he probably doesn't know anything about Pop Warner football.

I sincerely doubt if Brad Wells has any sources inside the Colts organization.

But I will give him credit, he knows how to get people to retweet his nonsense.

wow, that was pretty definitive, lol.  I suppose that "2nd source"  is pretty flimsy.  Hopes were up, now down again.  :wall: