Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JMV Today

gnet550

Did anybody listen to his show today? I saw on twitter that Rock Venturi said there were two lucrative deals he thought Gruden would take but ultimately didn't...via twitter

curiousnwhat else was said because I couldn't catch the show

Can anyone help me out?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

He was just giving historical context to prior Gruden rumors (meaning don't get your hopes up, yet).  JMV also said he thinks there's a greater than 50% chance he's our next coach.

i like JMV but I don't think the odds are that high

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

The biggest advantage the Colts have is Luck. Gruden LOVES him, and seems to have some undying desire to turn him into the best QB to ever walk the Earth.

Yup. He always says on MNF that if he were to start a franchise up, he'd always pick Luck to build his team around out of any QB. I have no doubt that If Gruden was hired, Luck would probably have an MVP season the same year.

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yup. He always says on MNF that if he were to start a franchise up, he'd always pick Luck to build his team around out of any QB. I have no doubt that If Gruden was hired, Luck would probably have an MVP season the same year.

Really? Did Grunden go to Hogwarts then?

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Absolutely. If the Colts offer him, I have no doubt Gruden would be the next HC. He had always had a great deal of admiration for the last 2 Colts QBs. Peyton and now Andrew. And I think Andrew would have a better chance of reaching his full potential with Gruden

1 hour ago, gnet550 said:

Did anybody listen to his show today? I saw on twitter that Rock Venturi said there were two lucrative deals he thought Gruden would take but ultimately didn't...via twitter

curiousnwhat else was said because I couldn't catch the show

Can anyone help me out?

Didn't hear that i had to to take off and get my boy to basketball practice before he came on.  What i heard earlier in the show is that JMV believes there to be mutual interest from Gruden and Irsay and that there is dialogue between the 2.  He also was asked about whether or not he thought there was better then a 50 percent chance Gruden is the coach and he said yes that he is being told to believe the odds are better then 50/50.  

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Apparently,  Chuck pagano would disagree

Obviously, I hear the chatter ...but speculation aside.....both are here under contract after 5 years....right?

If Gruden came here., he could expect to have a good 4 or 5 year run..

(.I don't want to make a change at head coach)

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Obviously, I hear the chatter ...but speculation aside.....both are here under contract after 5 years....right?

If Gruden came here., he could expect to have a good 4 or 5 year run..

(.I don't want to make a change at head coach)

If gruden was offered the job,  then obviously pagano would be out of a job.  Meaning,  having Luck isn't job security

2 hours ago, grmasterb said:

So long as Luck throws to the fullback when running Spider 2Y Banana.  Otherwise, the outcome is not good.

Seeing as we don't have a fullback that wouldn't be good. This to me is the biggest bunch of Fud I've heard. If Gruden was coming it would have happened last offseason...and he doesn't strike me as the type that would want Grigson as his GM so he would want to make a change there too. We have who we have.

1 minute ago, 12to13 said:

I'd just like to be a fly on the wall if him and Irsay ever had that talk haha.

What you would over hear is probably:

Irsay: Can you beat the AFC south and a few teams outside the division?

Gruden: With Luck lol? That's not even a question

Irsay: Name your price

Gruden: Spider 2, Y Bannana and an autographed Luck Jersey

Irsay: Done

1 hour ago, backshoulderfade said:

Can we have Frank Caliendo as Gruden as our coach?

I'd like to see Caliendo do a Pagano impression. I think he would be really good but Pagano isn't a big enough name.

I love JMV's show and believe he is telling us what he hears but it doesn't change the fact that it's really hard to get a deal done. I think Irsay is likely to be limited in his negotiations (assuming there are any) at this point. 

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Seeing as we don't have a fullback that wouldn't be good. This to me is the biggest bunch of Fud I've heard. If Gruden was coming it would have happened last offseason...and he doesn't strike me as the type that would want Grigson as his GM so he would want to make a change there too. We have who we have.

We have run many plays with Allen ( and other te's) at FB.   The player doesn't have to be a FB  in the roster