Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone else a bit upset watching the playoffs

indyagent17

What's sad is that it reminds me of how woeful the Colts are at times. You watch other teams defend the middle extremely well you watch other running games go off for 160 and 200 yards. You see linemen block for their quarterback. You see  defenses that bend but don't break.

Sorry to be a drag but it's frustrating to watch it with the Colts could be if better decisions were made in The Last 5 Years

Can we just have an offensive line in a defense that can rank in the top 15 in the league.. I'm not asking for a top defense just give me an adequate defense inadequate blocking presence for running and passing on offense

Just now, indyagent17 said:

What's sad is that it reminds me of how woeful the Colts are at times. You watch other teams defend the middle extremely well you watch other running games go off for 160 and 200 yards. You see linemen block for their quarterback. You see  defenses that bend but don't break.

Sorry to be a drag but it's frustrating to watch it with the Colts could be if better decisions were made in The Last 5 Years

Can we just have an offensive line in a defense that can rank in the top 15 in the league.. I'm not asking for a top defense just give me an adequate defense inadequate blocking presence for running and passing on offense

The time frame is what is interesting. Five years, no who has been here for five years? The QB who can't get rid of the ball quickly, can't read defenses and can't change plays at the line. None of those things are going to change. Any Oline guarding Andrew Luck will look bad. I had hopes this would change but after five years, I think what we see is what we get.

1 minute ago, Bigbadbill said:

The time frame is what is interesting. Five years, no who has been here for five years? The QB who can't get rid of the ball quickly, can't read defenses and can't change plays at the line. None of those things are going to change. Any Oline guarding Andrew Luck will look bad. I had hopes this would change but after five years, I think what we see is what we get.

Loool so much wrong.

To be honest the playoffs have sucked so far.

Houston and Oakland was the battle of the trash QBs

Detroit just got overwhelmed by Seattle.

Moore just threw another pick. Pittsburgh is probably gonna win that game by like 30.

Hopefully GB and NYG will be a good game to watch.

23 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

No.     Heck no.

Do you see what is happening to Miami?      Did you see what happened to Oakland and Detroit yesterday?

Guess what would've happened to the Colts had we made the playoffs.     

We would've been flattened.       With what defense were we going to match-up with?     How were we going to stop anyone?

I'll enjoy the off-season.     I look forward to the combine,  to pro days,   to the free agent signing period,  to the draft....       to off-season mini camps and on and on....

It's the NFL Circle of Life, Simba!         Kill or be killed and we were killed.    

Perhaps next season we'll live to fight another day a little longer and make the post-season.....

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

No.     Heck no.

Do you see what is happening to Miami?      Did you see what happened to Oakland and Detroit yesterday?

We would've been flattened.       With what defense were we going to match-up with?     How were we going to stop anyone?

I'll enjoy the off-season.     I look forward to the combine,  to pro days,   to the free agent signing period,  to the draft....       to off-season mini camps and on and on....

It's the NFL Circle of Life, Simba!         Kill or be killed and we were killed.    

Perhaps next season we'll live to fight another day a little longer and make the post-season.....

I think we could have beaten the Carrless raiders

31 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

I was saying the same dam thing to my father this morning.  I said it really makes me mad watching Pittsburgh run the football year after year with ease.  You see Pittsburgh always defend the run batter than 25 other teams but the colts constantly get smashed

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

No.     Heck no.

I dont think he's necessarily  saying he wants the Colts to be in the playoffs this year. I think he's saying the Colts should be in the position to be in the playoffs right now, and be having some success. Instead of being terrible in soo many areas.

Sucks the Colts did not earn the right to get in the playoffs but no I'm still going to enjoy the last bit of football we have for quite some time regardless if its the Colts or not. We still have quite a long winter ahead...That's what I'm sad about

At the beginning of the year i think we all thought/hoped we'd make the playoffs.  She me of this confidence/hope was a little false due to the past play of our division. Now that they are playing better , we lost 2-4 "gimmee games." 

So yes we thought we'd make the playoffs. Maybe a little by default.

so while i am disappointed, i'm not surprised. With the new faces on OL, all the injuries we had on an already suspect defense, and improved play by our division, it is understandable.

5 minutes ago, Pelt said:

Not so much upset at watching these playoffs, as I am bored. The games have underwhelmed

But I guess that was to be expected from what was generally mediocre play throughout the NFL all season long.

Yeah they have.. I haven't watched more than 10 minutes of all the games so far. I know odell is gonna show out today though!

What has struck me as I've watched these games is the high number of young playmakers these teams have vs. what the Colts have. The Colts' roster really is weak on talent. Overall, Grigson's drafting/FA has been weaker than the teams in the playoffs.

We played 7 games this year against playoff teams and only won 1 (Green Bay)

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The only reason I'm upset is because we' would have beaten Oakland in Indianapolis and we'd be heading to New England to take on the pats without Rob Gronkowski

That would have been great to win a playoff game, but I'd bet Monday wouldn't be too fun in this forum.

They'd roast us.

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

That would have been great to win a playoff game, but I'd bet Monday wouldn't be too fun in this forum.

They'd roast us.

Probably..but I sure would like a chance with Andrew Luck healthy and Frank Gore running well.

NE without Gronkowski are beatable

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Probably..but I sure would like a chance with Andrew Luck healthy and Frank Gore running well.

NE without Gronkowski are beatable

I can't see it honestly...the black unicorn would destroy us (is he hurt or playing?)...Edelman would be his usual annoying self.

Our D wouldn't be able to stop them even if luck put up 35 I'd bet.

6 hours ago, 12to13 said:

I dont think he's necessarily  saying he wants the Colts to be in the playoffs this year. I think he's saying the Colts should be in the position to be in the playoffs right now, and be having some success. Instead of being terrible in soo many areas.

Exactly!  

1 hour ago, IinD said:

I can't see it honestly...the black unicorn would destroy us (is he hurt or playing?)...Edelman would be his usual annoying self.

Our D wouldn't be able to stop them even if luck put up 35 I'd bet.

Maybe. But mark my words.

Without Gronkowski...the Pats are beatable.....

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Maybe. But mark my words.

Without Gronkowski...the Pats are beatable.....

I hope so man. They're like the boogyman to me. I won't believe they're dead until they're waking off the field heads down.

9 hours ago, Bigbadbill said:

If you honestly believe the things you said about Luck, you must not watch Colts football.  By no means is he perfect, but to claim he can't read defenses or change plays is absurd and wrong.

Not really, even if we beat the Raiders we are not ready for the Pats yet and KC already tossed us around like rag dolls this year and the Steelers are.......well they burn into our souls anytime we play them. I am actually more curious to see how Houston does in NE again this year with zero nerves in my belly unlike when the Colts play. Yes Houston likely loses, but sometime SOMEONE in the AFC South has to make it "closer" vs. the Pats don't they? 

2 hours ago, coltsleafs said:

This looks like it might go down as the most boring NFL season I've never been so bored Sunday after Sunday as I have been this year and I love football but it's been unwatchable this season not just colts games lol

I think you will get some pretty good games next weekend.

10 hours ago, Bigbadbill said:

Thanks. I needed a good laugh today!