Not everyone in indy is fine with chuck and grigs staying

VaAllDay757

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

A lesson of life: Acts of bitterness merely reflect poorly on the bitter. 

But I assume this isn't real....

it is real, channel 8 did a live broadcast in front of it the other night.  The sign has since been taken down

14 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

It's real....did you see the picture?

So its real that Irsay said they are returning for next season, complete with a press conference?  I haven't seen that.

Edit:  I don't care about some bitter person putting up a sign, I care about what espisito said about them coming back next season.  Is this his assumption or did I miss real news?

"Grigson has had terrible drafts the past few years and has put together one of the most talentless rosters in the NFL. Pagano, meanwhile, has been a mediocre head coach at best and has done more to hurt the team than help it."

Top notch synopsis.

44 minutes ago, DougDew said:

So its real that Irsay said they are returning for next season, complete with a press conference?  I haven't seen that.

Edit:  I don't care about some bitter person putting up a sign, I care about what espisito said about them coming back next season.  Is this his assumption or did I miss real news?

What does that have to do with this??? Obviously they still have a job so whatever you're looking for is not there....it's already been reported chuck and grigs are staying for now irsay doesn't need a press conference to say that

16 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

What does that have to do with this??? Obviously they still have a job so whatever you're looking for is not there....it's already been reported chuck and grigs are staying for now irsay doesn't need a press conference to say that

I'm not looking for anything.  I'm just reading the article that was linked.  It shows Irsay Grigs and Pags doing a presser, with a date of 1-6-17 and that Irsay has agreed to have them on for one more season.  How did this forum miss that presser?  I thought the sign was the least newsworthy part of the post.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I'm not looking for anything.  I'm just reading the article that was linked.  It shows Irsay Grigs and Pags doing a presser, with a date of 1-6-17 and that Irsay has agreed to have them on for one more season.  How did this forum miss that presser?  I thought the sign was the least newsworthy part of the post.

Picture was from last year's presses I believe.

Nobody is forcing the "handclapper" fanboys to read or comment on these threads..Many Colts fans probably 90% are disgusted and need to vent...I suggest you make an I love and support Pagano thread where you guys can make each other feel better...It's still news until Irsay makes a statement supporting Pagano which hasn't happened yet...He isn't going to fire him unless he can get a big fish..I believe he is still looking as does much of the local media...

I commented because I thought the link was trying to provide some real news on the topic, not just a sign showing the continuation of the same opinions that has been discussed for two weeks.

Nothing to see here except the same old venting...some of which is disguised as media reports.  

BTW...nobody has to start a new thread every time they want to vent.  There are already Pagano and Grigson venting threads. 

1 hour ago, #12. said:

"Grigson has had terrible drafts the past few years and has put together one of the most talentless rosters in the NFL. Pagano, meanwhile, has been a mediocre head coach at best and has done more to hurt the team than help it."

Top notch synopsis.

So true

41 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Nobody is forcing the "handclapper" fanboys to read or comment on these threads..Many Colts fans probably 90% are disgusted and need to vent...I suggest you make an I love and support Pagano thread where you guys can make each other feel better...It's still news until Irsay makes a statement supporting Pagano which hasn't happened yet...He isn't going to fire him unless he can get a big fish..I believe he is still looking as does much of the local media...

Disgusted is a strong word for feelings towards retaining a successful coach. Perhaps if people wanted to actually discuss Pagano's flaws (he has a few) instead of just taking consistent  cheap shots then people wouldn't push back hard and instead discuss.

1 hour ago, #12. said:

Top notch synopsis.

Like take the team to the AFC CG? If you want to argue the team has plateaued then fine. However, stating that he has hurt the team more than helped simply isn't true.

No matter how this ends Pagano's time has been good for the team on the whole. 

what exactly does that accomplish? will it get irsay to change his mind? no. this is just bringing negative attention to the team. you really think if irsay didnt believe there was a better fit out there, he wouldn't have pulled the trigger? 

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

what exactly does that accomplish? will it get irsay to change his mind? no. this is just bringing negative attention to the team. you really think if irsay didnt believe there was a better fit out there, he wouldn't have pulled the trigger? 

He might be waiting . Odd he hasn't reaffirmed any of this. 

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

If its so bad, maybe you need to abandon "shipp".

see what i did there? haha

1 hour ago, VocableLoki said:

Like take the team to the AFC CG? I

You mean the AFCCG Chuck lost 45-7?  That's a fact the apologists conveniently forget to mention.  They love to bring up the AFCCG, as if that team was somehow close to a title.  They were nowhere close to championship material.  They won a weak division, then got lucky drawing Marvin Lewis and the Bengals who have never won a playoff game, followed by an injured Peyton who was overthrowing receivers by 15 yards.  During that season, they went 6-0 in the division. Outside the AFC South, they met four division winners - the Broncos, Steelers, Patriots and Cowboys - and lost those four games by a combined 166-85 score.

10 minutes ago, #12. said:

You mean the AFCCG Chuck lost 45-7?  That's a fact the apologists conveniently forget to mention.  They love to bring up the AFCCG, as if that team was somehow close to a title.  They were nowhere close to championship material.  They won a weak division, then got lucky drawing Marvin Lewis and the Bengals who have never won a playoff game, followed by an injured Peyton who was overthrowing receivers by 15 yards.  During that season, they went 6-0 in the division. Outside the AFC South, they met four division winners - the Broncos, Steelers, Patriots and Cowboys - and lost those four games by a combined 166-85 score.

Good stuff!!

40 minutes ago, #12. said:

Okay? Your point was that he has hurt the team more than helped. Clearly his accomplishments show  otherwise. It's not being an apologist to point what he has accomplished here. Again, if you want to say the team could accomplish more, fine. Don't behave as though Chuck has been a drag for five years when he took a 2-14 team to three playoffs wins in three years.

52 minutes ago, #12. said:

Woo those are some coold hard facts.

4 hours ago, #12. said:

Top notch synopsis.

Soooo subjective AND inacurrate. 

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Pretty sure that was just a picture from last yr added to the tweet.  

3 hours ago, DougDew said:

Because that didn't happen, unless every media outlet in Indiana and the US missed it.

34 minutes ago, corgi said:

Because that didn't happen, unless every media outlet in Indiana and the US missed it.

That's what I was alluding to in my first post about it not being real.  I couldn't go back to clarify that I wasn't talking about the sign.

4 hours ago, VocableLoki said:

Disgusted is a strong word for feelings towards retaining a successful coach. Perhaps if people wanted to actually discuss Pagano's flaws (he has a few) instead of just taking consistent  cheap shots then people wouldn't push back hard and instead discuss.

Pagano is 20-24 outside this garbage division, which is the record that is really relevant because any team with a pulse would have won this division most years, so that's not saying much. So please define successful? Lucks heroics late game have masked Paganos in game flaws. Oh, and he don't get credit for Arians run. 

Just now, mahagga73 said:

Pagano is 20-24 outside this garbage division, which is the record that is really relevant because any team with a pulse would have won this division most years, so that's not saying much. So please define successful? 

20-24 is not the correct record. Sorry, a 49-31 coach with 2 division titles and three playoff wins in five years is objectively successful. If you want to argue that the team could be more successful, fine but to argue he is not successful is just inaccurate.

20-24 is not the correct record. Sorry, a 49-31 coach with 2 division titles and three playoff wins in five years is objectively successful. If you want to argue that the team could be more successful, fine but to argue he is not successful is just inaccurate.

Chuck, is that you? 

He was hired to fix the defense as he was supposed to be a guru or something. Now, this part is not all his fault as nobody knows what say if any he has on personnel, because it varies around the league. But his defense gets worse every year and that's not all the GM. He has an overinflated record because of this division and Andrew Luck.

1 hour ago, mahagga73 said:

He was hired to fix the defense as he was supposed to be a guru or something. Now, this part is not all his fault as nobody knows what say if any he has on personnel, because it varies around the league. But his defense gets worse every year and that's not all the GM. He has an overinflated record because of this division and Andrew Luck.

26 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

You should take your own advice .

The defense has not improved as much as you would want at this point, given that he has spent so much of his career as a coach on that side of the ball. He was not, however, "hired to fix the defense." There wasn't a defense to fix, he was hired to take over a franchise that was completely starting over. If you truly believe he has an overinflated record due to Luck and the division then fine, that's your opinion but it does not make him an unsuccessful coach. You may not think he is a good coach but he is,  without question, a successful one.

I also disagree based on him just winning in a poor division. He has beaten several good teams out of division in his career. He has only lost to the eventual Super Bowl Champion (Baltimore or New England) or another very good New England team in the playoffs. With 5 different quarterbacks, 2 different offensive coordinators and an injured Luck he still had a chance to win the division during the last game of the season. 

Do I think Pagano has always gotten the most out of the team? No. Do I think that he is a great in-game tactician? No. Do I think that he makes strangely aggressive calls? Yes. But I do think that he deserves respect for what he has accomplished here. 

Also: truth is in the facts, not subjective opinions, i.e. "He has an overinflated record because of the division and Andrew Luck."

14 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

The defense has not improved as much as you would want at this point, given that he has spent so much of his career as a coach on that side of the ball. He was not, however, "hired to fix the defense." There wasn't a defense to fix, he was hired to take over a franchise that was completely starting over. If you truly believe he has an overinflated record due to Luck and the division then fine, that's your opinion but it does not make him an unsuccessful coach. You may not think he is a good coach but he is,  without question, a successful one.

I also disagree based on him just winning in a poor division. He has beaten several good teams out of division in his career. He has only lost to the eventual Super Bowl Champion (Baltimore or New England) or another very good New England team in the playoffs. With 5 different quarterbacks, 2 different offensive coordinators and an injured Luck he still had a chance to win the division during the last game of the season. 

Do I think Pagano has always gotten the most out of the team? No. Do I think that he is a great in-game tactician? No. Do I think that he makes strangely aggressive calls? Yes. But I do think that he deserves respect for what he has accomplished here. 

Also: truth is in the facts, not subjective opinions, i.e. "He has an overinflated record because of the division and Andrew Luck."

He DOES have an overinflated record because of the division , I gave you the numbers. And your going to tell me without Luck this team isn't 3-13 this year. That's not subjective, that's common sense. It's not all his fault, the GM is much to blame , but he's part of the problem and needs to go. They need a coach that makes a team better. Lol, your reaching . When they play the elite teams lately in the AFC, NE and Pitts , they get killed. It's going in the wrong direction. They are farther from contending now than ever . Your bragging about having a chance to win the division of Osweiler and Bortles ? I'm stunned how far the expectations of this team have talked in a couple years. Excuses are for losers. 

Good sign! If I were the Owner, GM and Coach who saw that sign I would be totally embarrass and at a loss of words if that's how the fans feel about the front office....since it is directed at the front office.  So the 64K question is what are you going to do about it to change the perception....Again nothing, so you're stuck in your lifetime with same crap...