Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The DRAFT you all have been waiting for

Round 1  (trade back)
Takkarist McKinley*, 3-4OLB, UCLA 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 265. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.62. 

Trading back acouple picks to gain an extra pick and I think the best pass rushing linebacker

Round 2
Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 255. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.78.

Another linebacker why because we can't tackle. He can shed blocks cover and put pressure on the qb. I think he is the best linebacker this year in bama.

Round 2
Joe Mixon**, RB, Oklahoma 
 Height: 6-1. Weight: 226. 
 Projected 40 Time: 4.48

Oh boy very talented probably the best back in this draft he can run catch everything we need as long as he hits hole and not women he's a steal. I think Denver snags him in round 1

Round 3
 Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 240. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.70. 

He would be are middle linebacker for years . He also has the body where he can gain another 10 pounds

Round 4
Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee 
 Height: 5-11. Weight: 186. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.51. 

Very good cover corner he also can tackle . I think he should go in the 2nd but everywhere I read say he's going in the 3rd 4th round if that's the case I'll take him here

Round 4
 Charles Walker, DT, Oklahoma 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 299. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.14.

He had a great year last year that would of made him a late first to a early second round pick . But after suffering an injury and missing all but two games could drop him into the 4th .

Round 5
Josh Augusta, DT, Missouri 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 355. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.10

A huge guy to rotate in the middle who is fast on his feet for his size and will collapsed the line and demand double teams

Round 6
 Josh Malone*, WR, Tennessee 
 Height: 6-3. Weight: 198. 
 Projected 40 Time: 4.50. 

Talented receiver who didn't have a great qb but still managed to put up great numbers.

Free agents

DT    Dontari Poe
MLB Dont'a Hightower
DE.   Calais Campbell
RG.   Larry Warford

Mixon is basically undraftable at this point, let alone a 2nd round pick. I'd take Mcaffrey, Foreman, McNichols, and probably even Gallman over him. Not to mention guys like Cook and Fournette. Love the 1st two picks, though you should specify how many picks we are trading back. Really bold picks, they could fall as anything could happen in the draft, so I won't say they won't fall. Not everything goes by the projections. I think it's less likely we get those FA's. Grigson has the talent of an illiterate monkey at choosing FA's. He'll probably do the nonsense thing and skip all of them and go back to normal way of thinking (or not thinking), since he's done that for 5 years and hasn't learned. Maybe we get 1 of them though.

7 hours ago, riftastic28 said:

Round 1  (trade back)

Trading back acouple picks to gain an extra pick and I think the best pass rushing linebacker

Round 2

Another linebacker why because we can't tackle. He can shed blocks cover and put pressure on the qb. I think he is the best linebacker this year in bama.

Round 2

Oh boy very talented probably the best back in this draft he can run catch everything we need as long as he hits hole and not women he's a steal. I think Denver snags him in round 1

Round 3

He would be are middle linebacker for years . He also has the body where he can gain another 10 pounds

Round 4

Very good cover corner he also can tackle . I think he should go in the 2nd but everywhere I read say he's going in the 3rd 4th round if that's the case I'll take him here

Round 4

He had a great year last year that would of made him a late first to a early second round pick . But after suffering an injury and missing all but two games could drop him into the 4th .

Round 5

A huge guy to rotate in the middle who is fast on his feet for his size and will collapsed the line and demand double teams

Round 6

Talented receiver who didn't have a great qb but still managed to put up great numbers.

Free agents

DT    Dontari Poe
MLB Dont'a Hightower
DE.   Calais Campbell
RG.   Larry Warford

I like the draft only one problem and it's a big one. I don't see McMillan in the 3rd. He's one of the key guys for me. We desperately need an ILB. I think we pray we get him with the first pick in the 2nd then take the OLB with the other pick.

Mixon is talented but I don't see us being that team. We can get an explosive back by taking Boom Williams in the 6th. We have WR's Hilton Moncrief Dorsett and Rogers with Smith waiting in the wings. 

I think everyone is setting themselves up for disappointment in FA. This is the 2013 class. It was one of the worst drafts ever. The pool won't be that big and most names I see I think stay put. Hightower and Campbell I think stay put. 

Not really a fan of this draft personally. I think Ryan Anderson is more like a 5th rounder. Can't bend the corner well enough to be a real sack threat at the next level IMO. Joe Mixon has huge character flags - there are other running backs worth a late 2 that I'd prefer. 

3 hours ago, Track Guy said:

Not really a fan of this draft personally. I think Ryan Anderson is more like a 5th rounder. Can't bend the corner well enough to be a real sack threat at the next level IMO. Joe Mixon has huge character flags - there are other running backs worth a late 2 that I'd prefer. 

I disagree with your assessment of Anderson. He has adequate bend, fantastic play strength, and a non stop motor. Would love to have him in Indy. 

Like everyone else has said I wouldn't touch Mixon. I don't think he'll play a down in the NFL because of how bad the tape is. If you're going to take a RB that high, go with Foreman.

I like your draft though. Not sure where McMillian will go but it'd be great if he was there round 3.

On 1/7/2017 at 2:28 PM, OffensivelyPC said:

Mixon isnt a 2nd rounder even without breaking that girls face.

Most everyine else will likely be drafted way sooner than you have them slotted. So good draft, horribly unrealistic.

I wouldn't touch Mixon, but i think you're wrong about them being drafted way higher than riftastic has them.  I do also think the FA signings are quite unrealistic

35 minutes ago, BigHen said:

I wouldn't touch Mixon, but i think you're wrong about them being drafted way higher than riftastic has them.  I do also think the FA signings are quite unrealistic

Thats fair. Right now its far too soon for anyone to be right. I mean theres a senior/shrine game, columbine, and pro days. But definitely agree about Mixon. Hes not draftable till the 6th or later, and even then, Im not thrilled about the pick.

Hopefully there won't be a columbine. 

55 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Thats fair. Right now its far too soon for anyone to be right. I mean theres a senior/shrine game, columbine, and pro days. But definitely agree about Mixon. Hes not draftable till the 6th or later, and even then, Im not thrilled about the pick.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:42 AM, Krauses said:
On 1/7/2017 at 0:10 PM, 12to13 said:

Same I'd draft him in the 4th or 5th.

Wait.... you think a guy who is faster then both cook and fournett had less carries and better numbers then both of them . This kid is a stud .  There's no way he comes out early to go in the 3rd 4th round he's going at the end of the 1st or hopefully the 2nd when we pick . Let's face it theres some teams that don't really care what he did it's all about the W . 

I like the players, but I think they are mostly overdrafted... I don't like to nitpick about where players will go, because you never know, but I think Tak, Mixon, and maybe even McMillan could all be had a round later... That first rounder could be used on Foster, Cunningham, Williams or Barnett, imo. 

I could be wrong, of course... I certainly don't hate the draft. 

On 1/7/2017 at 7:02 AM, riftastic28 said:

Round 1  (trade back)

Round 2

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Free agents

DT    Dontari Poe
MLB Dont'a Hightower
DE.   Calais Campbell
RG.   Larry Warford

As to free agency,   I hope you're looking for maybe two of these guys and not all four.

We'd never be able to afford all of them,   even with all our money.

On 1/8/2017 at 11:57 PM, gacoop1 said:

Reevaluate the RB, Cook would be ideal in this scenario, he's a homerun hitter, can't go wrong.  Grigson need to find a way to trade up and get Cook and trade up again to get a beast on the Edge...What have you got to lose?

That simple, huh ?

On 1/8/2017 at 7:57 PM, gacoop1 said:

Reevaluate the RB, Cook would be ideal in this scenario, he's a homerun hitter, can't go wrong.  Grigson need to find a way to trade up and get Cook and trade up again to get a beast on the Edge...What have you got to lose?

You lose draft picks when you trade up that is what you lose. If we move a direction in the 1st it should be down. 

Why would you trade up for an Edge? Who are you moving up to get? There will players there the first 2 days it would be much smarter to add a pick or two if possible 

Anderson is okay but I just don't see the hype with McKinley. From what I've seen, he's very athletic but his technique just isn't there yet, strikes me as a guy that relies on speed and athleticism to beat the OT off the edge. He's not quite a 1st round pick in my eyes yet.

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:57 AM, gacoop1 said:

Okay, so below is a list of the value of all of our picks this year, taken from the PFF Draft Pick Value Chart. For this assuming we win the toss and pick 14.

1st - 1100 points

2nd - 440 points

3rd - 200 points

4th - 74 points

5th - 35 points

6th - 21.8 points

7th - 9 points

The way I see it you're going to need a pic around 8-10 to be in with a good chance of getting Dalvin. According to the chart, trading up from our 1st to the middle of that pack, the 9th pick (valued at 1350 points) would definitely cost us our 3 and probably our 4th to give the trade partner value to make the trade.  

This leaves us with: 

1st - 1350 points  - DALVIN COOK

2nd - 440 points

5th - 35 points

6th - 21.8 points

7th - 9 points

Depending on the EDGE you want to get, but you said you wanted a "beast" so you're likely going to need a pick around 15/16. I'll say 16 (valued at 1000 points) All of our remaining picks this year add up to 505.8 points. Without trading a high future pick, I don't see how you're going to pull that off. And I don't want to trade a high future pick unless someone like Myles Garrett falls for some reason. 

On 1/10/2017 at 1:52 PM, Valpo2004 said:

So sad that Mixon gets his name drug through the mud for defending himself.  

Although I think you are over-drafting on several accounts.

What's sad is seeing people stand up for an * like Mixon. Dude is a joke