Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker

4 minutes ago, BCoop said:

We also don't have any 6'2" ILB. Look, if you guys want someone that has never played ILB and is too slender for the position to anchor a 3-4 defense, I don't know what to tell you. It's not the right move for his skillset or frame.

In addition, the argument is to move him there because you want spend a 1st round pick on a guy (Peppers) that has shown no ability to be a ball-hawk coverage player at safety while pairing him with another safety (Green) that showed nothing but a fast 40 his rookie year.

I'm not taking that risk when we can actually get a prospect at ILB or Safety that has elite level traits for the position at that pick. Why create yet another project when there are better options that fit our current personnel?

Amen!

6 minutes ago, BCoop said:

We also don't have any 6'2" ILB. Look, if you guys want someone that has never played ILB and is too slender for the position to anchor a 3-4 defense, I don't know what to tell you. It's not the right move for his skillset or frame.

In addition, the argument is to move him there because you want spend a 1st round pick on a guy (Peppers) that has shown no ability to be a ball-hawk coverage player at safety while pairing him with another safety (Green) that showed nothing but a fast 40 his rookie year.

I'm not taking that risk when we can actually get a prospect at ILB or Safety that has elite level traits for the position at that pick. Why create yet another project when there are better options that fit our current personnel?

Amen!

5 minutes ago, DougDew said:

We need a safety in the first round has badly as we need a TE or WR.

In our current state of affairs, this is correct.

If the Colts sign a CB, NT, and OLB in Free Agency though? Give me the BPA on defense.

11 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Exactly. .Just resign Butler let him be a backup plan at FS if Green doesn't improve..I think Green will get better anyways...If we draft safety we draft SS like Peppers and move him or Geathers to ILB and kill 2 birds..I don't see the point in drafting FS when we need OLB, DLINE, ILB and CB help...I guess it depends on what we do in free agency..

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

None of our current safeties instill much confidence. Adams is way too old to be counted on, Geathers is injury prone, and Green is well green. If we have a chance to draft a top 10 talent like Jamal Adams or Hooker I'd be all for it. 

Theres no position group on defense that doesn't need an upgrade. Just because there's a serviceable player already on the roster should not dissuade the Colts from drafting someone to the same position. 

8 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

None of our current safeties instill much confidence. Adams is way too old to be counted on, Geathers is injury prone, and Green is well green. If we have a chance to draft a top 10 talent like Jamal Adams or Hooker I'd be all for it. 

Theres no position group on defense that doesn't need an upgrade. Just because there's a serviceable player already on the roster should not dissuade the Colts from drafting someone to the same position. 

I think CB is a much greater need and there will be more choices at the same talent level at pick 14, IMO.  We need to upgrade the #2 and future #1 CB slot before we draft Geathers and Greens replacement already.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I think CB is a much greater need and there will be more choices at the same talent level at pick 14, IMO.  We need to upgrade the #2 and future #1 CB slot before we draft Geathers and Greens replacement already.

None of the CBs in this draft are top 10 talents IMO. There are quite a few good CBs that could be had later too like Awuzie, Sutton, and Conley. 

9 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

None of the CBs in this draft are top 10 talents IMO. There are quite a few good CBs that could be had later too like Awuzie, Sutton, and Conley. 

I think Adoree Jackson is pretty good.  Good man coverer.  Its early.  I think he'll rise up the board.  If we could trade back a few slots and pick up a 3rd rnd pick and him, I'd rather do that than draft a safety.

But Derek Barnett is my first choice for pick 14 until I read something about him that changes my mind.

7 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

If we go Safety in 1st it has to be Peppers, and then we could convert him or Geathers to ILB based on who would most likely hold up better physically..Kill 2 birds with 1 stone...We draft a pure safety we still got to worry about ILB and if Geathers can hold up..We draft Peppers we have 2 guys who can play Safety or LB  ..Makes us more able to withstand injuries..

Nothing HAS TO BE.....    not even Peppers.

Both Adams AND Hooker are more highly ranked than Peppers is.      And that's taking nothing away from Peppers.

If the choice is Adams or Hooker my answer is simply......    yes, please.

Both are great.     Very highly rated.      Top 10,  to Top 16.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.     I think it depends on what you want your safety to do?

But these guys are outstanding......

3 hours ago, SP_21 said:

You're correct.      There is no Top-10 Corner in this draft.     Not as of today, there isn't.

But that doesn't mean this isn't a great group of corners.     It is.

We might have a dozen players or maybe even more ranked somewhere between 10 and 100.    Very good class for very good corners.

I hope we grab one in the 2nd round.      We got exactly zero from DJ Smith, who was basically our 2nd round pick two drafts ago.

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're correct.      There is no Top-10 Corner in this draft.     Not as of today, there isn't.

But that doesn't mean this isn't a great group of corners.     It is.

We might have a dozen players or maybe even more ranked somewhere between 10 and 100.    Very good class for very good corners.

I hope we grab one in the 2nd round.      We got exactly zero from DJ Smith, who was basically our 2nd round pick two drafts ago.

There's a lot of depth at CB this draft. I'm very high on Chidobe Awuzie but guys like Lewis, Conley, Sutton, etc are very talented and could be a great value. 

ILB should be adressed in middle rds, Anthony Walker would be good in the 3rd.  Beckwith coming off an injury might be available in 5th.  Here's a sleeper for ya,  Kevin Davis (Colorado St) 6-2 240 (110 tackles, 10.5 TFL's and 4 forced fumbles)  6th or 7th round steal.  check him out.  Draftwired is a very cool draft app, that's where I go.  No scouting in depth scouting reports, but excellent rankings and awesome simulator and group drafts

• 3 months later...