Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano will be made available to the media at 1:30 today.

stitches

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

What does this mean? I guess no changes coming? Or are they letting him resign?

You can watch here: http://www.colts.com/Streaming.html

Last year this time he was available to media as well...he was still in limbo as no decision was made on his fate. I don't expect anything world shaking today.

2 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Last year this time he was available to media as well...he was still in limbo as no decision was made on his fate. I don't expect anything world shaking today.

Don't coaches pretty much always get made available to the media on the day after a game?

Why prolong this process Irsay? I would hope by now he would know what he wants to do for the future of this team. Keeping Grigson and Pagano around just for the sake of being nice is not necessary. Making the decision sooner rather than later will expedite the process in finding a new GM and HC.

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Why prolong this process Irsay? I would hope by now he would know what he wants to do for the future of this team. Keeping Grigson and Pagano around just for the sake of being nice is not necessary. Making the decision sooner rather than later will expedite the process in finding a new GM and HC.

I think Jim KNOWS what he wants, but the decision is up to whether or not someone else accepts a standing offer.......

Just now, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Don't coaches pretty much always get made available to the media on the day after a game?

Pagano was always available to the media on Mondays during seasons so far. Don't read much into it,  hype is a way higher this time, as we're past week 17, and it is 'Black Monday'. 

Expect usual stuff: grit, grinding, hopping wood, Happy New Year... 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

This.

2 minutes ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

It's just the regular Monday press conference.

5 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

There was not previously anything scheduled for Pagano until now, which was odd.

2 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I would highly doubt he is doing it out of niceness, it's either he gets to stay (I'll be selling my season tickets for 2017) or Irsay really isn't sure yet whether to term him or with who he would replace him with yet. We will know in 2 hours I guess or perhaps we will still be left to guess. It keeps the Colts in the spotlight longer if Irsay doesn't come outright and say we are not firing anyone. 

2 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

There was not previously anything scheduled for Pagano until now, which was odd.

Huh. It seemed like all the other coaching firings were rumored well before the coaches did any sort of presser so I'm skeptical that he's going to announce anything like he's leaving. Irsay's unique so he could want to do it differently but who knows.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Huh. It seemed like all the other coaching firings were rumored well before the other coaches made any announcement. Irsay's unique but I don't know.

It's been rumored, just noone has a clear read on it, and after last year, they are gunshy to report anything one way or another

4 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I think Jim KNOWS what he wants, but the decision is up to whether or not someone else accepts a standing offer.......

I realize that, but some on this board seem to think there aren't quality candidates out there that would be interested in coming to Indy, which I find ridiculous. This team has a franchise QB that is still young, plenty of cap room, and a young developing OL as well as a few weapons on offense.

Chris Ballard from KC is a good candidate for GM, and Josh Mcdaniels would be a quality candidate for HC over Pagano. I could go into more with doing a little more research on who's available for interviews.

Just now, Shafty138 said:

It's been rumored, just noone has a clear read on it, and after last year, they are gunshy to report anything one way or another

That's true, it has been rumored. I get the gunshy thing too, and if anything the Indy media is probably just purposefully left out of the loop by Irsay. Still, I feel like if Pagano was going to be fired we would've heard something more concrete today from an NFL insider like Schefter.

4 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Huh. It seemed like all the other coaching firings were rumored well before the coaches did any sort of presser so I'm skeptical that he's going to announce anything like he's leaving. Irsay's unique so he could want to do it differently but who knows.

As I said it above: I don1t expect anything, just the usual stuff. Only my 2 cents.

The direct words of Irsay dont seem to mean anything to you guys. You'd rather buy the speculation of people other than the head man. The man said "No wholesale changes" out of his own mouth. The only way wholesale changes happen is by firing the coach and gm. And out his own mouth he said its not likely for wholesale changes. So I'm expecting his regular Monday conference.

2 hours ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

I wonder how I or any one of you would feel if there were hundreds of people on message  boards or Twitter watching or wishing for you to be fired from your job.

well with my salary (ha!) if I get fired my family and I are kind of up the creek, If Pagano is fired his Great Great grandchildren may have to take out $1,000 in student loans.

1 minute ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

I wonder how I or any one of you would feel if there were hundreds of people on message  boards or Twitter watching or wishing for you to be fired from your job.

If I was getting 10M+ for my troubles, I'd find a way to live with it.

1 minute ago, RomanianColtsFan said:

We'd feel like any other pro coach or big time college coach paid millions to garner results week to week......  it's part and parcel with the job.