Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Will Be A Bust. Lock It Up!

Yeah I said it. So much hype and drama for someone that hasn't taken even 1 snap in NFL.

If you follow football you should know that most of the times these hyped up QB's turn out to be just average and even busts.

It is very rare and uncommon for anyone QB to just come in and be a superstar. Luck is no exception, he has the same odds as any other great college QB. Those odds are to turn out average or bust.

If he is such a superstar, then how come he didn't even win college POY? or Heisman or whatever?

There is a QB in this years draft that willbe a star in this league, and he is not Andrew Luck.

So lock it up, I said it here first. Andrew Luck will be a bust.

Yeah I said it. So much hype and drama for someone that hasn't taken even 1 snap in NFL.

If you follow football you should know that most of the times these hyped up QB's turn out to be just average and even busts.

It is very rare and uncommon for anyone QB to just come in and be a superstar. Luck is no exception, he has the same odds as any other great college QB. Those odds are to turn out average or bust.

If he is such a superstar, then how come he didn't even win college POY? or Heisman or whatever?

There is a QB in this years draft that willbe a star in this league, and he is not Andrew Luck.

No...just no dude. He may not live up to the hype as being one of the best ever in the NFL, but he will without a doubt be a solid starter. He has too many intangibles to not be somewhat successful.

No...just no dude. He may not live up to the hype as being one of the best ever in the NFL, but he will without a doubt be a solid starter. He has too many intangibles to not be somewhat successful.

intangibles that didn't win him the Heisman? intangibles that he is the most hyped up thing since the death of Elvis?

intangibles that didn't win him the Heisman? intangibles that he is the most hyped up thing since the death of Elvis?

Peyton never won Heisman or a National Championship. And he's pretty good.. if you like 6-5..230 pound QBs with a laser rocket arm.

And what does hype have to do with his performance on the field?

Ahhh fair enough then. Thanks for sharing, bit of a disappointment but cheers, guess we don't have to watch for the next four or five years then guys. Losing seasons to come. Thanks, number28! Saved me a lot of time!

peyton manning was hyped up..

nowhere near as much as Luck is

Peyton never won Heisman or a National Championship. And he's pretty good.. if you like 6-5..230 pound QBs with a laser rocket arm.

And what does hype have to do with his performance on the field?

Peyton was not considered the best player coming out. You just proved my point.

andrew luck never won a hesiman or nationalchampionship. 6 foot 4 inches.. 235 pounds! so yeah. andrew luck might be more hyped up. but look at the advances in technology which gets his name around more.

I watched him play against USC and against Oklahoma St. and I think he's fascinating to watch. He is so much like Peyton that I can't see why someone who is a Peyton fan wouldn't love the guy. Every year, somebody gets hyped. Last year it was Cam and he is doing quite well.

Only 75 people have ever won the Heisman. Are you supposing that anyone who is not one of these 75 (and there is only one per year) is worth the #1 pick?

Regardless, Luck played in a much more pro style system. RGIII played in a spread option, which relies much heavier on the passing game. Of course his stats are better, and he had to do more work for his team, so he deserved the Heisman in that regard. That doesn't mean his game translates as well as Luck's, hence why one won and is not as widely considered the #1 prospect.

Luck could bust, though. I'm not foolish enough to say otherwise. I do see some flaws in him as well. Nonetheless, I think he's one of the better prospects I've seen in some time.

I watched him play against USC and against Oklahoma St. and I think he's fascinating to watch. He is so much like Peyton that I can't see why someone who is a Peyton fan wouldn't love the guy. Every year, somebody gets hyped. Last year it was Cam and he is doing quite well.

Cam Newton hype was not even close to what they are doing with this Andrew Luck thing.

what god you must be really good at evaluating players what team do you work for? must be best scout out there at judging players you dont know anything anyway can be a bust in the nfl and let me guess you want the colts to take rg3

nope. I would draft players on defense.

Luck could bust, though. I'm not foolish enough to say otherwise. I do see some flaws in him as well. Nonetheless, I think he's one of the better prospects I've seen in some time.

finally someone said something real

Do you realize that:

1) however Andrew Luck turns out in the NFL,

2) whatever player the Colts draft with its #1 overall pick,

it will have no effect on whether Peyton comes back or not? These are unrelated events.

Please do not lash out irrationally at draft prospects due to the situation that is around Peyton's uncertain health.

This is how I know you are a new-er Colts fan or flat out dont know much about the Colts. Manning was very much the best player coming out of the draft and Leaf was a close 2nd. The problem is Leaf was a one year wonder somewhat like RG3.

Usually when hype is surrounding a quarterback it means he is pretty darn good.

It's possible that andrew Luck could be a bust, depending on what team drafts him. If he's drafted by the Colts, I would tend to think that we will continue to surround him with talent and give him every opportunity to thrive as a QB. If we pass on him and he lands on a team like the Browns, then it's quite possible that he could be a bust. He would still have all of the intangibles, but without the talent around him to make him successful. I think that's the situation with Sam Bradford. Bradford isn't a bust, but could've been much better on a better team.

Sure..... and Morris Claiborne could come in and get his rearend blowtorched every other play and wind up a total bum in the NFL.

So thanks, Nostradumbass..... but your not revealing any prophesies here.

So I guess you'll be lobbying to start Orvlosky or Painter this year?

Sure..... and Morris Claiborne could come in and get his rearend blowtorched every other play and wind up a total bum in the NFL.

So thanks, Nostradumbass..... but your not revealing any prophesies here.

But there is a huge difference. Claiborne has faced several NFL caliber receivers and has done very well against them. Luck has played in a Pac-10 where defense is in decline, especially pass defense.

Luck isnt being hyped because of his stats or because of winning awards or because of the defenses he's played in college...he is being hyped because of his skills, his aptitude, his attitude, his intelligence, his work ethic, his athletic ability, his accuracy, his intangibles etc...he has everything that you look for when you're looking for a QB

and yes, Peyton Manning was hyped as much as Andrew Luck has been...from the first game Peyton started at Tennessee he was THE talked about QB...Ryan Leaf didnt even enter the discussion until the second half of their last season and leading up to the draft, much like RGIII this year.

But there is a huge difference. Claiborne has faced several NFL caliber receivers and has done very well against them. Luck has played in a Pac-10 where defense is in decline, especially pass defense.

Claiborne is a top pick because of his skills, athelticism etc. Not because of the receivers he lined up against. Why can't you wrap your head around that?

I don't think he will be a bust. He has the physical skills, the brains and the leadership. He has the whole package IMO. It depends on how the team gels around him too and rebuilds.

I also hope some are not hoping he is a bust if the Colts draft him. It's like the die hard Favre fans hoping Rodgers would be a bust. And they were there....and they booed him in TC.....and some even sent bad letters to him. Some despised the guy who replaced their legend.

Claiborne is a top pick because of his skills, athelticism etc. Not because of the receivers he lined up against. Why can't you wrap your head around that?

The question was whether Clairborne will bust and for that question having faced and beaten several players he will see at the next level is quite relevant and I fail to see how it is not more relevant than "He looks good"

This is how I know you are a new-er Colts fan or flat out dont know much about the Colts. Manning was very much the best player coming out of the draft and Leaf was a close 2nd. The problem is Leaf was a one year wonder somewhat like RG3.

Usually when hype is surrounding a quarterback it means he is pretty darn good.

To be fair, RG3 has had a more consistent career than Leaf. He was a pretty good QB last season and looked good as a freshman (was hurt as a sophmore).

I do agree Leaf was a bit of a one year wonder though. I still think the guy did have talent but his immaturity got in the way of him building on it at the next level.

Another problem with Leaf was he wasnt accurate in college (never had a completion % above 55), which is usually a bad sign (not always though) going into the NFL. Especially for guys expected to play early. On the flip side Manning had 60%+ for most of his college career and was consistent.

RG3 has been well over 60% completions most of his career.

I know anyone can bust but I do think there are signs which can be telling of a guy's chances at the next level (Just MO btw).

Was he consistent? Luck has been good for 3 seaosns and gotten better each year.

Did he play in a system that inflates the QBs numbers? Certainly not the case with Luck. Quite the opposite actually.

Does he have a quick release, good pocket presence, decision making and accuracy? Luck has shown all of those throughout his career.

Just not many signs he will be a bust. Not saying he wont but the odds are in favor of him succeeding based what can be seen so far.

Overall, it's very unlikely that Luck will be a bust in the NFL. Based on how he has played at Stanford, it's very clear that he has the physical tools and intangibles to do well.

Let me ask this question: How would Manning look playing for Stanford?

If Manning played for Stanford, he would be in command of the offense. He would call plays or audible at the line of scrimmage. He would read the defense and direct the offense to counteract the defense. He would make accurate throws, regardless if it was to the the receivers, or Stanford's giant tight ends. He would call effective run plays, resulting an a very effective rushing attack. He would have a great passer rating and a passing completion percentage in the 70's (even though when Manning played in college it was in the 60's.)

Luck has done all of these things. He has shown the ability to adapt. Last year he had receivers as primary weapons. This year, he had a depleated receiving corps, so he relied on his tight ends and his numbers still remained consistant. He's shown that he can make all of the throws.

So I guess you'll be lobbying to start Orvlosky or Painter this year?

nope. I never said that. If manning can't start then yes take the best QB you can in the draft. I am all for it. This still does not change my intentions of this thread. What do you want me to say? Luck will be a star? 100% of you are saying that. Why should I join the sheep.

This is going as my signature.

You are gonna remember me for the rest of your life if this comes true.

To the rest of you people, I really hope Luck becomes a superstar. I want our team to be the team we were in the decade+ Manning was here. I am just prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

I'm glad u all had fun with the thread. It would be pretty boring if every single person thought he was gonna be a star.

I think the only thing we can lock up, is that we have no idea what Andrew Luck will do in the NFL, no?

We know what Manning gives us for the next few years. We have hope that Luck can keep us afloat, but suggesting what he will or will not be is a little...yeah. You might want to consider :hide:

While I don't argue that skill and athleticism are usually the primary attributes scouts look at, scouts should and absolutely do look at difficulty of matchups. It fits into a general category Scouts call "Production" which is not a measure of statistics, but what creates these stats. Why is he productive? Is the production due more to his ability and efforts or those of his teammates or the scheme that he plays in. Or is it the difficulty of the match ups paired with skill? Fortunately, he really kind of excells in all categories scouts look at. lol

nope. I never said that. If manning can't start then yes take the best QB you can in the draft. I am all for it. This still does not change my intentions of this thread. What do you want me to say? Luck will be a star? 100% of you are saying that. Why should I join the sheep.

You are gonna remember me for the rest of your life if this comes true.

To the rest of you people, I really hope Luck becomes a superstar. I want our team to be the team we were in the decade+ Manning was here. I am just prepared for the worst and hoping for the best.

I'm glad u all had fun with the thread. It would be pretty boring if every single person thought he was gonna be a star.

I have never face palmed so hard at a post before