Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts would have won wildcard round

coltsorioles

Houston vs Oakland might be the worst playoff game ever. All the colts had to do was beat Houston once.  Houston was outscored by 50 points this year. Colts would have beat Oakland then probably would have lost at New England . I can't even watch Oakland vs Houston, right now they are unwatchable. 

I think what the OP is trying to say is, we would've had a good shot at beating Oakland and I agree. Since when is winning the Division and winning 1 Playoff game a bad thing? Are we that spoiled of a fanbase now that anything less than making the SB is a Bad season? I am about winning the SB but man only 1 team does it every season, enjoy wins when you can get them and respect what we have accomplished in the past which is far more than 80% of the other franchises have.

24 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

I mean they probably would have but only cause Carr is out.

Also, this is a team that lost to Brock Osweiler TWICE. I don't think I'm gonna guarantee them anything.

And dominated the Packers for most of the game, and blew the doors off Minnesota and the Jets. This team was a riddle all year. I think, had they snuck in somehow they win at least the wildcard round. Probably nothing beyond that. 

The part that sucks is we're usually there so the playoff start is exciting.

I couldn't care less honestly and will only watch if I'm not doing anything when they're on. No way I'm making 'plans' to watch if my team isn't in it. I'll watch if it happens to be on.

Afc tournament got shafted with Tenn/oak losing there qbs.

The offense has problems, but if this team didn't have a historically bad defense, they'd probably have a chance to prove to the OP that they could win a playoff game..

This D is really a tragedy or something like that. I'm sure a 2nd stringer with a solid RB could pull out the W.

If next season is to be any different, GM, HC changes or not, they've got to do something about the D. I can't stress enough how awful they are. It's almost comical, except I root for them. 

Puke.

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Since when is winning the Division and winning 1 Playoff game a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing, but it's also not what happened.  If they won their division and won a playoff game, they most likely wouldn't be a bad team.  But they are a bad team.  So they didn't do that.  Even though they have the benefit of playing in the worst division in the NFL.  Because they're a bad team.

4 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

It's not a bad thing, but it's also not what happened.  If they won their division and won a playoff game, they most likely wouldn't be a bad team.  But they are a bad team.  So they didn't do that.  Even though they have the benefit of playing in the worst division in the NFL.  Because they're a bad team.

Last I looked 8-8 is Average, that is far from being Bad. Try again. Also some people around here have a strange idea what is Bad/Average/Good/Great. Some people think we are Bad if we don't win the SB, I am on here more than you are and read a ton of posts, so when I Post something I don't just Post to spout off.

6 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

Oh, well, in that case, I concede.  You win.  The Colts would have won the Wild Card round.

No need to concede, you are the one who quoted me and my Original Post was to someone else just saying to them = since when is winning the Division and winning a Playoff game a bad thing? I Posted that because some people here act like what is the purpose of winning the Division and winning a Playoff game. I mean really? So if we don't win the SB what is the purpose of a season then period? That was my point.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

you are the one who quoted me and my Original Post was to someone else just saying to them = since when is winning the Division and winning a Playoff game a bad thing?

To who else, though?  It seems like you just constructed a straw man to knock down.  I don't see anywhere in this thread where anybody said that winning the division and a playoff game would be a bad thing.  I see one post where somebody suggested that it would be better for the Colts in the long run to not make the playoffs this year, but even he isn't arguing that the season would be a failure if they did make the playoffs and win a game.  I see lots of posts in which people are questioning whether or not the Colts are actually good enough to win the Wild Card game.  (I would count myself among those people.)  I don't see anybody suggesting that winning the division and winning a playoff game would be a bad thing, though.

39 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

To who else, though?  It seems like you just constructed a straw man to knock down.  I don't see anywhere in this thread where anybody said that winning the division and a playoff game would be a bad thing.  I see one post where somebody suggested that it would be better for the Colts in the long run to not make the playoffs this year, but even he isn't arguing that the season would be a failure if they did make the playoffs and win a game.  I see lots of posts in which people are questioning whether or not the Colts are actually good enough to win the Wild Card game.  (I would count myself among those people.)  I don't see anybody suggesting that winning the division and winning a playoff game would be a bad thing, though.

You win I concede, so much for my point going over someone's head.

On 1/1/2017 at 9:38 PM, coltsorioles said:

Houston vs Oakland might be the worst playoff game ever. All the colts had to do was beat Houston once.  Houston was outscored by 50 points this year. Colts would have beat Oakland then probably would have lost at New England . I can't even watch Oakland vs Houston, right now they are unwatchable. 

I wouldn't bet on this Colts team against anyone.  Too inconsistent.  

23 hours ago, cmgww said:

And dominated the Packers for most of the game, and blew the doors off Minnesota and the Jets. This team was a riddle all year. I think, had they snuck in somehow they win at least the wildcard round. Probably nothing beyond that. 

The Packers stunk when we played them.  They were in the middle of a bad losing stretch.  Minnesota started 5-0, and finished 3-8.  Fools gold.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last I looked 8-8 is Average, that is far from being Bad. Try again. Also some people around here have a strange idea what is Bad/Average/Good/Great. Some people think we are Bad if we don't win the SB, I am on here more than you are and read a ton of posts, so when I Post something I don't just Post to spout off.

8-8 in a bad division is a bad team.  Also, no one really cares how many posts you read, and there's no way for any of us to quantify how often someone is on here.