Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"Official" offseason prediction

I know it's too early to say, and it'd be rude for a non-admin to create an ***official*** thread, but I figure, we can use 1 thread to last us from now until the combine at the very least.

Here's mine based on Fanspeak - probably unrealistic and full of holes, but I figure, the simulator's full of holes for every team, not just us so it somewhat evens out.

FA - - - - -

Cut: Arthur Jones, Ny'Quil Jackson

Re-sign: Walden, Butler, Doyle, Turbin, Adams (cheap 1 year)

Re-structure: George Costanza

Extend: Mewhort, possibly Moncrief

Sign: Brandon Williams, Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Zach Brown, Johnathan Banks.

Draft - - - - -

1 - Derek Barnett (3-4 OLB)

2 - Takkarist McKinley (3-4 OLB)

3 - Kendal Beckwith (ILB)

4 - Quincy Wilson (CB)

4 - TJ Watt (LB)

5 - Brian Hill (RB)

6 - Ryan Glaslow (3-4 DE)

Of course, alot of this hinges on the combine. e.g. if Myles Garrett shows up with a 5.50 40-yard dash, he'll go UDFA, so there's no telling who would rise and fall. Would anyone have guessed that Scooby Wright would have been a 7th rounder last year?

We definitely have the cap room now with Luck's deal out of the way; it's just time for us to use them on impact players, instead of signing a dozen veterans past their prime.

1. Colts fire Chuck Pagano and bring in Mike Shannahan

2 Colts Cut/Don't Re-sign

-D'Qwell Jackson

-Mike Adams

-Arthur Jones

-Zach Kerr

-Josh Mcnary

-Patrick Robinson

-Erik Walden

-Trent Cole

3. Colts Sign

-Melvin Ingram, OLB

-Stephon Gilmore, CB

4. Colts Draft

R1: Dalvin Cook, RB FSU

R2: Demarcus Walker, Edge FSU

R3: Anthony Walker, ILB NW

R4: Cam Sutton, CB Tennessee 

R4: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tenn.

R5: Montravius Adams, NT Auburn

R6: Marlon Mack, RB USF

Colts end up with a solid core of young LBs with Morrison, Jackson, Walker, and Maybin. Let them all compete in camp. But Walker and Maybin both have coverage skills. Morrison can be a 3rd and short/goal line LB. Walker starts at OLB next to Ingram. Adams challenges Parry at NT and provides depth since Kerr will be gone.

Also this is preliminary. I still have to watch some tape and the Combine, Senior Bowl, etc... may raise or lower some stock.

10 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

1. Colts fire Chuck Pagano and bring in Mike Shannahan

2 Colts Cut/Don't Re-sign

-D'Qwell Jackson

-Mike Adams

-Arthur Jones

-Zach Kerr

-Josh Mcnary

-Patrick Robinson

-Erik Walden

-Trent Cole

3. Colts Sign

-Melvin Ingram, OLB

-Stephon Gilmore, CB

4. Colts Draft

R1: Dalvin Cook, RB FSU

R2: Demarcus Walker, Edge FSU

R3: Anthony Walker, ILB NW

R4: Cam Sutton, CB Tennessee 

R4: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tenn.

R5: Montravius Adams, NT Auburn

R6: Marlon Mack, RB USF

Colts end up with a solid core of young LBs with Morrison, Jackson, Walker, and Maybin. Let them all compete in camp. But Walker and Maybin both have coverage skills. Morrison can be a 3rd and short/goal line LB. Walker starts at OLB next to Ingram. Adams challenges Parry at NT and provides depth since Kerr will be gone.

Also this is preliminary. I still have to watch some tape and the Combine, Senior Bowl, etc... may raise or lower some stock.

We shouldn't take a rb in the first. And Anthony walker Jr probably won't be available in the third. 

19 hours ago, rock8591 said:

I know it's too early to say, and it'd be rude for a non-admin to create an ***official*** thread, but I figure, we can use 1 thread to last us from now until the combine at the very least.

Here's mine based on Fanspeak - probably unrealistic and full of holes, but I figure, the simulator's full of holes for every team, not just us so it somewhat evens out.

FA - - - - -

Sign: Brandon Williams, Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins, Zach Brown, Johnathan Banks.

Draft - - - - -

4 - Quincy Wilson (CB)

4 - TJ Watt (LB)

5 - Brian Hill (RB)

Of course, alot of this hinges on the combine. e.g. if Myles Garrett shows up with a 5.50 40-yard dash, he'll go UDFA, so there's no telling who would rise and fall. Would anyone have guessed that Scooby Wright would have been a 7th rounder last year?

We definitely have the cap room now with Luck's deal out of the way; it's just time for us to use them on impact players, instead of signing a dozen veterans past their prime.

This would be a bomb-diggity off-season... I don't know if we can realistically sign all of those high profile FAs and I might switch some names around in the draft, but I really like it. 

That team is a contender, for sure. 

20 hours ago, rock8591 said:

FA - - - - -

Draft - - - - -

4 - Quincy Wilson (CB)

4 - TJ Watt (LB)

5 - Brian Hill (RB)

Derek seems like he could be something special but will the Colts have an opportunity to get him???

23 hours ago, rock8591 said:

FA - - - - -

Draft - - - - -

4 - Quincy Wilson (CB)

4 - TJ Watt (LB)

5 - Brian Hill (RB)

lmao