LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

They were on fire why would you go deep? The play calling was on point up til that dumb play 

Yeah they were going for the kill shot, they should've just ran it lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

They were on fire why would you go deep? The play calling was on point up til that dumb play 

They were going for the kill, Vontae actually saved a TD. That throw was there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

Maybe the players already know the Chuck Pagano era is over? They sure are playing like a team that were just told this game doesn't matter at all!

Yup, except they weren't told.  They simply know it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Who the hell is Corey Grant!! haha

Just the 3rd string running back. No reason he shouldn't be able to run all over us

• Like 1

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Yeah they were going for the kill shot, they should've just ran it lol. 

Definitely would have been a simple conversion! 

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

Just the 3rd string running back. No reason he shouldn't be able to run all over us

Exactly.  I remember that 4th string RB from the Pats running for over 200 yards on us a couple years ago lol.

• Like 1

How is the start to this game any different than most games we've seen in the last four years?  

If you want to see the Colts play football, just tune in to the 4th quarter.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Is it time for Peyton and Gruden? I am sure Irsay is jumping for joy with this performance.

I'm not jumping for joy........we need to show up

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Doyle's got to catch that......Jax is making us look bad

These Colts do a good job of looking bad all on their own Unc.

Where in the hell was this Blake Bortles all year?? He plays like this all year and the Jags are in the playoff and prolly undefeated in the division

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Is it time for Peyton and Gruden? I am sure Irsay is jumping for joy with this performance.

I'm not sure how I feel on that, Peyton, yes, Gruden?? Eh

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Is it bad that the most exciting part of this season is waiting to see if anyone gets fired?

Yeah I am excited for tomorrow or Tuesday or whenever the black day is supposed to be this year.  Lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

These Colts do a good job of looking bad all on their own Unc.

good point

2 minutes ago, strt182 said:

qb move at dallas was a good move to get rust off old rusty romo. 

So he can choke in the playoffs? They should have stuck with Dak

This team is far cry from our 2014 team, only teams better than us that season was the Pats and Seahawks. We went from the 3rd best team in the league to just an Average mid pack team.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm not jumping for joy........we need to show up

Show up for what?  Lol Get the better draft pick and get on with the ouster of this raggedy front office and coaching staff. 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Where in the hell was this Blake Bortles all year?? He plays like this all year and the Jags are in the playoff and prolly undefeated in the division

He is so hard to figure...he rolls up numbers but sometimes he seems to force the ball and gets intercepted easily...

Trying to do it al himself (sound familiar?)

Truth is: Jax probably has better players than we do outsid eQB

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

•     My personal interpretation of that is gen needed pain killing shots to play through broken ribs. Not because of the shoulder. 
    • Agreed. I hope he finds what he needs in Europe. And thank you for sharing sources. 
    • Most of us forget about this hiring, the ex Green Beret brought in to measure and analyze e very player the Colts attempt to sign.  His analysis  involves character as well as many other things to help us determine if the plAyer has the right stuff for an NFL career.  I only bring it up wondering how much influence he may have already had with some of our trades and signings.  Like Brissett maybe.  I know he wasn't involved in the previous draft.  Here's a link.  https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/5/10/15611404/chris-ballard-explains-what-brian-decker-rex-hogan-bring-to-colts-front-office
    • How can you say they’re playing fine when our coverage is so bad. Maybe they’re giving up one or two big plays a game but that’s how you lose football games. Lol 
    • With the Colts not playing this week, it allows a chance to look at where we are as a team and, if you are to look at our season so far based on pre-season expectations, it makes for quite good reading, in my opinion.   So I decided to make a list, based on pre season expectations, listing who has been a pleasant surprise so far, and who has been a disappointment:   Pleasant Surprises   Jacoby Brissett - Goes without saying, he has been a very solid stand in for Andrew.  Has made errors but I don't think anyone could expect a 2nd year player to move systems and play as well as he has.  Not worth thinking about how the team would have played with Tolzein under center. Cornerbacks - Did anyone expect Desir and Melvin to be as strong as they have been?  Melvin asking to go up against Brown last week says a lot about his character too. Nate Hairston - I love this guy.  Potentially my number one pick for this category and a long term asset for this defense. Al Woods - Hankins was the big money addition, and has done well, but Woods has been excellent value. John Simon - I cant decide if I love him or Hairston more!   Mathias Farley - Hard hitting, strong in the tackle.  Very solid player. Rigoberto Sanchez - When Locke was cut, did anyone else have a sinking feeling in their stomach?  Sanchez has played so well I don't even think anyone has missed Pat (for his punting anyway), which is a massive compliment to the kid.  Kudos Tom McMahon for unearthing this talent.   Disappointments   Vontae Davis - A real disappointment for me.  All the talk from training camp was that he was back to the old Vontae, then picks up an injury and comes back and plays poorly.  Donte Moncrief - It was interesting hear the WR coach talk about him last week, admitting that he has been "hot and cold" and its so frustrating to see the raw ability not convert to the field regularly enough.  I still think there is something there but would not be surprised if Ballard lets him go. Jack Doyle - It was interesting listening to the "Chopping Wood" podcast where they mentioned that Doyle cost us two games.  He did have that one game where he was phenomenal but he had high expectations from last year and being made TE1 for 2017.  I am not worried about him long term, but has to be listed here. Le-Raven Clark - Say no more.   Other Notes:   Marlon Mack - I don't think I can put him in as a pleasant surprise as there were expectations on him and, although he has been explosive in some instances, still a lot to work on in protection and inside running. Offensive Line - I did think hard about putting them in disappointments (not just Clark) but I don't think anyone came in thinking they would be an elite unit and, with the amount of injuries and shuffling, I actually think they have faired as I would have expected.  A long way to go but Castonzo has been strong I think (and unfairly targeted) and Kelly is a stud so there are strong building blocks and I trust Ballard will address this after focussing so hard on the defense this year. Honourable Mentions - Mingo, Gore, Hunt, Sheard.   Looking at the above, although the record is poor (and you are what your record says you are), to look at what we have done in recruitment and the increasing trajectory of play, a change of coaching (which seems inevitable) could mean we come back strong in 2018, with the potential for strong draft acquisitions.   Feel free to add your own for either category but thought I would share my perspective....  
  • Members

• LockeDown

LockeDown 1,276

• jal8908

jal8908 0

Rookie
    • KB

KB 220

• SLILLINGTON10

SLILLINGTON10 331

• Hooksalot

Hooksalot 10