LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

687 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Lol this board is hilarious. 

I do enjoy it

2 people like this

This is a good win, true professional don't loose on purpose for a higher draft pick.  I would love to see new leadership but i would not ask this team to loose so the coach will be fired and for a better draft pick.  It is what it is, just have to hope the right decision are made this off-season to make this a better team.

1 person likes this

Just now, coltsfan77 said:

Well on the bright side, they just saved me money on Sunday ticket next year! Just have little confidence in more than .500 seasons. Will watch when able but if this regime comes back with nothing more to offer, talent wise, will save my money.

so you are saying you would have bought the ticket if we lost today

interesting logic there

7 minutes ago, our_dbs_rock said:

It was there. Not any worse than what a lot of other WR and TE get away with though.

I;m just kidding..I saw it...

6 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Never seen so much negativity around a win. Draft position isn't going to be the thing that makes the team better, making smarter draft picks/free agent acquisitions will make us better. 

Yeah I don't think this win is really going to affect their ability to draft some solid players since this team needs a lot of help, nor I don't think it would change Irsays decision to make changes if he's really bent on doing so. 

1 person likes this

..and again..our line magically got better when we went no-huddle, up tempo

3 people like this

Just now, oldunclemark said:

yup

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I have no idea why they don't run it more.  Absolutely no clue, it's not like you have to use it all game.  

3 people like this

We all know this but the coaches don't and won't change the way the game plan so doesn't matter

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

we are 8-8..Jacksonville is 3-13

..and they have better players........what does that tell you?

Not a damn thing. This game should not be the determinate game for Pagano/Grigson. These whole past 2 seasons have been underwhelming. 

Folks its not like won against NE. Barely beat a 3 win team here.

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

I have no idea why they don't run it more.  Absolutely no clue, it's not like you have to use it all game.  

I don't have any answer.

........you could at least start the game and the 3rd quarter in no-huddle when everyone is fresh.

Did we not used to do that???

2 people like this

7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

GOOD news is the way players are and towards Pagano and celebrating I think they were told it was Chucks last game ahead of time..

That or were told at half time, lose this and Pag is gone

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They play for him..

Criticism of the GM....due to what we have on defense......I hear that.

But the team plays for Pagano....they rally for him.

He'll be back

So why didn't they play for Pagano the 1st half? Did the coach and players having a falling out during the week and then make up at halftime. 

They play hard because they're ultra competitive people. That's one of the reasons they have reached this level. 

1 minute ago, BProland85 said:

Not a damn thing. This game should not be the determinate game for Pagano/Grigson. These whole past 2 seasons have been underwhelming. 

Yeah, I agree.  I doubt Irsay is like "Meh, I'm awefully unhappy about this team not making the playoffs two years in a row.  I think I'll keep both Grigson and Pagano if they win this game though."

Just now, JColts72 said:

Folks its not like won against NE. Barely beat a 3 win team here.

with 3 rookie 0-linemen..we should win very few...and we finish 8-8

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

so you are saying you would have bought the ticket if we lost today

interesting logic there

That is correct, would had more hope for change. I also stated if they don't do anything signifant talent wise if they do come back. I have purchased the ticket every year because I live in NC. Don't have luxury of watching in person. 

Just now, coltsva said:

So why didn't they play for Pagano the 1st half?

I don't have an answer for that

..but when you rally and come back repeatedly...that's coaching, right?

I don't have any answer.

........you could at least start the game and the 3rd quarter in no-huddle when everyone is fresh.

If the offense comes out starting slow, switch it up ect.  They can obviously turn it on in the blink of an eye.  

Just now, csmopar said:

That or were told at half time, lose this and Pag is gone

If this 2nd half is the reason Irsay doesn't make any moves, then this franchise is doomed until he hands over control of the team. . 

4 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I think it speaks volumes that the players want this coach

1 person likes this

I dont think anyone needs to be fired. Just make major personnel improvements to this D. Ensure that we are a stronger running team to help the young O line. Speaking of the O you do that by either adding another young O lineman or adding a true talent at RB or do both. We hit on improving the D and being able to run more and we will be much better than 8-8 next year. You can't keep asking this guy to play with bad to mediocre personnel on defense and think the Super Bowl is near. Give him what he needs and then raise the expectation from there.

2 people like this

Both teams stink so bad they wouldn't even show highlights. Jacksonville lost this game more than we won it....not happy with this team. I have had Chucks back for a long time but I just can't defend it anymore. The way we came out and played...executed...chuck might win more games with better players but he isn't going to raise our level of play with just his coaching. Still don't know which Colts will show up...and I can't stand medicracy. 

4 minutes ago, coltsfan77 said:

That is correct, would had more hope for change. I also stated if they don't do anything signifant talent wise if they do come back. I have purchased the ticket every year because I live in NC. Don't have luxury of watching in person. 

With easy Illegal streams or bars close,i have never paid a penny for nfl ticket or network or any of that. if you pm me later i can send you plenty of decent sites or ways to find games in hd for free. been doing it for years,since im in florida so dont get a lot of games either. but do have the luxury of colts @ jags every year besides this one because of london

2 people like this

Fans like to watch their team play 4 qtrs vs 2 every game! This staff has been pretty consistent on giving us 2 for quite sometime now.I totally get the frustration!

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I dont think anyone needs to be fired. Just make major personnel improvements to this D. Ensure that we are a stronger running team to help the young O line. Speaking of the O you do that by either adding another young O lineman or adding a true talent at RB or do both. We hit on improving the D and being able to run more and we will be much better than 8-8 next year.

I agree..dont blow up an 8-8 team

Jax and Bears are 3-13..

....we don't know what bad is

1 person likes this

I don't have an answer for that

..but when you rally and come back repeatedly...that's coaching, right?

And I don't have an answer for that one. Just a frustrating and puzzling team right now and not sure anyone has the answer. Coaches deserve credit for comebacks, same as blame for bad starts, 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't have any answer.

Let's be honest...it tells me the coaching staff can't think that fast....they always cry about getting the right personnel on the field all the time. They have no feel for the game they can't think on their toes and they lack the creativity to run it. That's what it tells me.

1 minute ago, coltsfan77 said:

Fans like to watch their team play 4 qtrs vs 2 every game! This staff has been pretty consistent on giving us 2 for quite sometime now.I totally get the frustration!

I hear you..but the Bears were 3-13,...0-8 on the road..

...don't get too carried away with how bad we are.

..We have the QB, the WRs, the TEs....a new line..

with some rookies and free agents on defense././we can make the playoffs next season

Browns just blew a 10-pont lead and lost to Steeler backups..

....we aren't that bad

2 people like this

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If we lost it could have been 9 at the best and 19 if we won at the worst. Probably same as last year....but with the scores today it was likely 11th if we lost. It is Doesntwhat it is...but it's about 8 spot difference...in every round not just the first.

Doesnt matter if you make good choices with your picks. And there are always players who drop in the draft so its very likely someone will be available who we originally thought we had no shot at. No one thought Myles Jack and Shack Lawson would be available with our pick but they were for example. Nobody thought Tunsil would fall either.

A lot of our holes were caused once again to health,Geathers has been good when in,i think p rob is better than shown but nagging injuries and could of been used a bit diffrent,Anderson hopefully back at full strength,E jacks has shown flashes but can be helpful in depth,with the right cuts,we can be looking at close to 60 mill or so going into free agency,as far as our own i say butler,walden,and doyle are priority if the prices are right,wouldnt mind adams back on a 1 year or 2 with easy out in 2nd,The offense with Andrew always shows flashes of its potential, a lot came down to whack play calling and rookies up front who started to come along well.There is defientaly holes but i dont think its as gloomy as we are making it out to be,guess its just us so used to being spoiled with peyton and than luck coming onto the scene hot.There's going to be 31 other fan bases just as * as us at the end of the year,lets just hope the pats are part of the 31 haha

Andrew could've been celebrating like he was too because it was Mathis last game. I bet that is the main reason. The Jags were showboating a lot though.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Andrew could've been celebrating like he was too because it was Mathis last game. I bet that is the main reason. The Jags were showboating a lot though.

He loves to compete and hates to lose. That's what I want from my QB.

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Doesnt matter if you make good choices with your picks. And there are always players who drop in the draft so its very likely someone will be available who we originally thought we had no shot at. No one thought Myles Jack and Shack Lawson would be available with our pick but they were for example. Nobody thought Tunsil would fall either.

Didn't Tunisia drop from like 1-2 to 11? Right where we would have picked. My main point was is we lose like 8 picks every round not just the first...it's significant....otherwise why not let the best teams draft first? Of course it can make a difference. I'm not mad we won...but I'm not going to ignore the fact it did come at a cost.

31 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

I wouldn't be so sure. If Irsay is really 'unhappy' then changes in FO is imminent regardless today's game. It's extent is still a question, but I don't think it was the 'make or bbreak' game for Pags. If he will be retained it would happen regardless to today's game. Just my 2 cents...I wouldn't decide according to an insignificant game's result.

I will say that Bill Polian seemed almost giddy on the radio with Lamey this afternoon...he may know something!

29 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They play for him..

Criticism of the GM....due to what we have on defense......I hear that.

But the team plays for Pagano....they rally for him.

He'll be back

Where was this effort vs Houston?  They play for him.  Get outta here with that nonsense.  They got Lucky literally and came back to beat a bad football team.  Then celebrated like they won the Super Bowl.  Big whoop.  If that doesn't epitomize the culture of mediocrity currently surrounding this franchise nothing does.  

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Didn't Tunisia drop from like 1-2 to 11? Right where we would have picked. My main point was is we lose like 8 picks every round not just the first...it's significant....otherwise why not let the best teams draft first? Of course it can make a difference. I'm not mad we won...but I'm not going to ignore the fact it did come at a cost.

I think its unrealistic to think or expect a team to lose on purpose. The goal is to win and that's what every team tries to do. Its more realistic to expect a team to make good to great decisions when they get on the clock and strategically in terms of trading downward for more picks and whatever else. If we do our dillegence properly we shouldn't end up with bad players.

Peyton did not get to the Super Bowl until the Defense talent and performance level was raised. I think some of Paganos decision making has to do with having numerous personnel holes. Bad protection, bad defense, can't run the football. Solve some of this stuff and I think the results will be more consistent. I watched Jack Del Rio for too many years to know he ain't much better than Pagano. Plug some of these holes and I think the guy will do better.

1 person likes this