LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

687 posts in this topic

Happy New Year,  Colts Nation!  :)     But not entirely happy to  Colts fans  everywhere, as our 2016 Indianapolis Colts are unfoturnately out of the hunt to reach the NFL Playoffs in 2016, since their loss at the Oakland Raiders on December 24.   Colts will try to defeat the visiting Jacksonville Jaguars, with interim coach Doug Marrone at LOS.   A  Colts victory would also equal their   2015 regular season  win total at 8-8  again in 2016.

Colts in the past won the AFC South Divison titles with identical 11-5 records in three consecutive seasons, but could not crack beyond 11 wins since the 2009 Colts team won 14 games.

This afternoon will also be outside linebacker Robert Mathis's  last game as an Indianapolis Colt, announced this past week his retirement as an active player in the NFL.  Mathis was drafted from Alabama A&M in 2003.  Among many of his achievements  was earning an NFL championship ring with the  Colts team that won Super Bowl XLI,  and both earning and awarded the AFC Defensive Player Of The Year after the 2013 NFL season, and setting the team record with his 128 career sacks.  Mathis is a popular player to Colts fans and and I felt he earned, and certainly deserves  his name in the Colts Ring Of Honor, and perhaps the NFL Pro Football Hall Of Fame, for both his service and achievements.  Well done. Robert!

LOS's roof is closed for the 1:05P.M. Eastern Standard Time finale, because sunny skies at 40 degrees, feels like 36 degrees, is the game forecast outside the stadium area in Downtown Indianapolis, along with 0% precipitation, 65% humidity, and  mild southeastern winds at 6 miles per hour.

NO injuries, a pleasure posting the Game Day Threads for the 2016 Indianapolis Colts Preseason Schedule, Happy New Year to the Colts Nation as we all enter 2017, win one more game to even your 2016 NFL regular season record again at 8-8, and  for one more game, GO COLTS!!!!!   :coltslogo:     :cheer:     :1colts:    :colts::coltshelmet:   :cheer:  :coltslogo:     :rock:

http://www.colts.com/team/game/2016/regular17

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017010103/2016/REG17/jaguars@colts#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.htnl

http://www.jaguars.com/team/injury-report.html

http://506sports.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mathis

2 people like this

Thanks LOS !!!  Hard to believe this is the last regular season game, it always goes by way to fast.

Happy New Year to all my Colts friends.  Let's bring home the Win.

GOOOO Colts !!!

1 person likes this

Thanks LOS. Yep, this is it the last game of the 2016 Season. Looking like another 8-8 season as I do think we will win today, congrats to Robert Mathis on a Great career. He will definitely be in The Ring of Honor one day.

1 person likes this

Almost game time, let's do this !!!

On an unrelated note, I got a phone call earlier from my sis in law, she thinks my brother has had a stroke :(  He spent from the end of august thru the early part of november in and out of the hospital and rehab. Not the news I wanted to hear on New year's day. 

Please don't let the jags look like world beaters today

1 person likes this

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Could this be it for Chuck?

If they play like this, I'd bet it is.

3 people like this

Well definitely not the start we were looking for. 

Just now, Superman said:

It's still early but I think even if we win it should be. That Houston loss here did it for me. I defended him like crazy all season up until that game.

1 person likes this

We are going to make the Jaquars running backs look like all pro's today.

Thanks again, LOS!

JlynRN: prayers for a speedy recovery for your brother.  Just another reminder of how our disappointment in our Colts not being in the postseason should be tempered with what is truly important in life.

1 person likes this

Jay Glazer says Grigson gets kicked to the curb before PagaNO...

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

I hope we keep it close all game and barely win, so we get the W and hopefully Pagano will still get fired! 

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Thanks again, LOS!

JlynRN: prayers for a speedy recovery for your brother.  Just another reminder of how our disappointment in our Colts not being in the postseason should be tempered with what is truly important in life.

Thanks MB :)  I appreciate that. He definitely needs all the prayers and good thoughts he can get !!

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Peyton?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Peyton?

??? Who knows?

Just now, Btown_Colt said:

Deffinitley missed Gore there. He was wide open

3 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I just don't see the reason everyone in the media keeps splitting them up fire them both and be done. Screw keeping either of them.

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Deffinitley missed Gire there. He was wide open

Staring down receivers 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, JlynRN said:

Well 2 straight 3 and outs, rough start.

Prayers to you on your situation. Sorry to hear that. Yeah rough start, we had Gore wide open and Andrew didn't even see him.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Deffinitley missed Gire there. He was wide open

This.

Characteristic of the Colts season.

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, JlynRN said:

Almost game time, let's do this !!!

On an unrelated note, I got a phone call earlier from my sis in law, she thinks my brother has had a stroke :(  He spent from the end of august thru the early part of november in and out of the hospital and rehab. Not the news I wanted to hear on New year's day. 

So sorry for you and your family. I have a brother who was recently diagnosed with a form of very early onset dementia. We need sports for an escape but also reminds us how unimportant they are in the larger scheme of things.

2 people like this

Damn the Jags are playing ball last week and to start this week

LOS is completely dead today.

and Jags > 10 yards per play LOL

1 minute ago, azcolt said:

So sorry for you and your family. I have a brother who was recently diagnosed with a form of very early onset dementia. We need sports for an escape but also reminds us how unimportant they are in the larger scheme of things.

Sorry to hear about your brother, it's rough I know :( My brother has a bad heart, but a transplant at this time is not an option. 

Well let's just let the jags march down the field again. This could be a long afternoon.

About to be 10-0, we are just going through the motions today. A sign of a team quitting on their Coach.