Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Desmond King is a can't miss if we go CB

I'd love to get him late 1st/early 2nd as the starter opposite Davis and then turn around and get Jourdan Lewis mid round 2. These two are good friends and I think would be electric in the secondary making opposing QB's frustrated. My dream scenario is to somehow land Charles Harris, King, and Lewis early. Lewis would play nickel immediately and allow Butler to play more FS. Robinson needs to go.

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

King has Revis written all over him..

When was the last time you were ever right on this "Can't miss" stuff you love to throw around.....

I gotta tell you,  you have a very, very low batting average.

King is both shorter than Revis and slower/less athletic.        Regis is 5/11" 1/2 while King is 5'10" and a 1/4.

Regis runs a sub 4.5 and King run closer to 4.6

He's got a bad combo.     Short and not all that fast.      If you're a corner you want at least speed and athleticism or height.      Not sure King has either.

Not saying he isn't good.      But he's more of a 2nd round pick for me.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When was the last time you were ever right on this "Can't miss" stuff you love to throw around.....

King is both shorter than Revis and slower/less athletic.        Regis is 5/11" 1/2 while King is 5'10" and a 1/4.

He's got a bad combo.     Short and not all that fast.      If you're a corner you want at least speed and athleticism or height.      Not sure King has either.

Have u EVER been right?  Show evidence? 

5 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Have u EVER been right?  Show evidence? 

I've done that in the past from others who demanded proof.     So, those posts are somewhere in this system.

But I have no desire to list it all again and again on demand.    At some point,  it's all a little embarrassing.

So,  you either agree with me or you don't.     And I'm fine if you don't.      There are plenty here who don't agree with my views and I think that's great.      It's what makes the world go around.     Different people see the same thing differently.

This place would be boring if we all agreed on everything.......

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I've done that in the past from others who demanded proof.     So, those posts are somewhere in this system.

But I have no desire to list it all again and again on demand.    At some point,  it's all a little embarrassing.

So,  you either agree with me or you don't.     And I'm fine if you don't.      There are plenty here who don't agree with my views and I think that's great.      It's what makes the world go around.     Different people see the same thing differently.

We need each other 

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We need each other 

I'm an Iowa guy, so I've watched just about every game King has played in his career, and I can't say I agree with you. He's one of the best CBs in this draft, and I think he'd be great if we drafted him, but I just can't see him as a Revis-type of talent.

He's very athletic, and he's great in the return game, but he's not athletic enough to be an elite, shutdown man-to-man corner. He could be elite as a free safety or as a zone coverage corner, since he's got great ball skills, but he never really plays press man coverage for us (he plays off coverage a lot).

I've got no doubts he can play outside, but overall I see him as an above average man corner, or an great zone corner or free safety.

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Your west coast bias shows up..i c it 

Davis is 5-11 but he did run a 4.49. I noticed king right off the bat earlier this year when I was watching tevaun smith the kid is definitely a player and could start right away. I would absolutely love him in the second but not as high on him in the 12-16 range of the first

31 minutes ago, twfish said:

Davis is 5-11 but he did run a 4.49. I noticed king right off the bat earlier this year when I was watching tevaun smith the kid is definitely a player and could start right away. I would absolutely love him in the second but not as high on him in the 12-16 range of the first

He is legit 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I go by what i see 

While I like King, from some of the small looks I've taken I'm starting to like Quincy Wilson from Florida quite a bit.  He moves really well to me and I like his energy and ball skills.  Sidney Jones from Washington seems pretty solid to me as well.

"I think Wilson is the best corner in the country. Tabor gets all of the hype but Wilson is better in every area," an NFL executive told NFL.com analyst Daniel Jeremiah.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000716191/article/nfl-exec-floridas-quincy-wilson-is-best-cb-in-college-football

1 hour ago, krunk said:

While I like King, from some of the small looks I've taken I'm starting to like Quincy Wilson from Florida quite a bit.  He moves really well to me and I like his energy and ball skills.  Sidney Jones from Washington seems pretty solid to me as well.

"I think Wilson is the best corner in the country. Tabor gets all of the hype but Wilson is better in every area," an NFL executive told NFL.com analyst Daniel Jeremiah.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000716191/article/nfl-exec-floridas-quincy-wilson-is-best-cb-in-college-football

Sidney Jones really impressed me in the games I've seen. Truly a shutdown corner. His teammate King is also very talented and has great size at 6'3 195-200. 

3 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

C Harris(Edge), R Foster (ILB) these two alone will be impactful players, and now get an above average coach who can coach then you'll have a winner.....Also get rid of Grigson, so we can get above average player for the new coach to coach....

Please take your Grigson and Pagano talk out of here please.

22 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

My only question is if he can play outside in the NFL. His height screams nickel CB but what he does at the combine could change that theory. Hargreaves measured in at 5'10" and I think he plays outside.

I don't see his height as a problem. In todays NFL theres still plenty of good CBs 6 foot or shorter.

14 hours ago, krunk said:

Matt Miller called Wilson a sleeper.

15 hours ago, krunk said:

Those are the 2 guys I like best in the first Jones and Wilson.  Humphrey is there but he got beat deep too much especially with the front 7 playing in front of him. 

Two guys I think may get lost in this deep CB class are Sutton after his ankle injury and Facyson. I'd keep an eye on Summers great 2015 season did a little back slide the start of this year.

18 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't see his height as a problem. In todays NFL theres still plenty of good CBs 6 foot or shorter.

I've read that he is expected to measure even lower than his listed height. It absolutely makes a big difference when you have Mike Evans, Hopkins, D. Thomas, or AJ Green type players lined up against you. Now I don't think once you hit 6'0 it matters, but 5'9 or 5'10 makes it a lot tougher. 

Some guys can just play..He is still a great athlete, and just a natural born player..His instincts and ball hawk skills are unmatched in this draft class...I would rather go cb in free agency, but if we do go cb he is the guy...He easily makes up for and inch and a 10th of a second on instincts alone...

He is the best tackling cb also, he had 8 ints last year, this year they don't throw near him he shuts down his side..He also he a very good return man...He would be our return man day 1...He is a safe pick with a lot of value...If he is there in the 2nd it'd be a miracle...

19 hours ago, BigHen said:

How about a round or 2 later taking Rasul Douglas (West Virginia) 6-2 with excellent technique. 

lol rasul Douglas is a friend of mine he's great man turnover machine same high school I'm a Young fellow as well 

8 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

He is the best tackling cb also, he had 8 ints last year, this year they don't throw near him he shuts down his side..He also he a very good return man...He would be our return man day 1...He is a safe pick with a lot of value...If he is there in the 2nd it'd be a miracle...

I wouldn't want a starter at KR or PR. Pointless risk.

On 12/29/2016 at 5:48 PM, Defjamz26 said:

My only question is if he can play outside in the NFL. His height screams nickel CB but what he does at the combine could change that theory. Hargreaves measured in at 5'10" and I think he plays outside.

I think he's fine. I thought King was 5'11. Revis is 5'11. That means he'll play like Revis too I think. haha