Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

6 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yankees lose 2-1 vs Pirates today. Drop the series 2 games to 1. Pirates play horrible defense but Yanks can't hit. Ivan Nova beats his former team. The hated Red Sox are next.

I watched the beginning of that game. Nova looked good against his former team. He often came up big for the Yankees when they needed him, if I recall correctly. 

Good luck against the Red Sox. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I watched the beginning of that game. Nova looked good against his former team. He often came up big for the Yankees when they needed him, if I recall correctly. 

Good luck against the Red Sox. 

Thanks. They have been getting good pitching too. Montgomery pitched well enough to win. Only gave up 2 runs. He hasn't given up more than 4 runs so far this season. Yanks had runners in scoring position in the 8th & 9th innings. (loaded the bases in the 9th) Aided by the Pirates poor fielding but still couldn't push across any more runs. Their only run was a HR from Ellsbury.

The Red Sox have been having trouble scoring runs lately too. Should be a typical Yankees/Red Sox series.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

That's all you can ask any day , they cant win every game. You take the best of every series it gets you where you need to be in flying colors

I started watching the Oklahoma State-Texas Tech Softball Game since the NASCAR race was postponed then the IndyCar Race so I missed the end

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

4-0 Cubs in the 1st Inning over the Pirates. It's safe to say the Champs are out for blood tonight after getting embarrassed by this team a week ago.

I turned the TV on and the Cubs/Pirates game was on. I don't think the Mets play today. They need a break after getting swept.

Sounds like Cubs having a great game,  abusing Starling Martes replacement ......too bad I can't watch it because DirecTV sucks !!!!!    It's supposed to be on ESPN and they have it blacked out and I don't get WNDY here. If I didn't  have limited options where I live I would dump them like a bad habit.......terrible !!!!!!

Just now, GOZER said:

Sounds like Cubs having a great game,  abusing Starling Martes replacement ......too bad I can't watch it because DirecTV sucks !!!!!    It's supposed to be on ESPN and they have it blacked out and I don't get WNDY here. If I didn't  have limited options where I live I would dump them like a bad habit.......terrible !!!!!!

We are up 9-1, this is a demolish!

2 minutes ago, GOZER said:

It is MLB not Direct that is causing your problem

26 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I come closest when the Princeton Tigers are playing

You came to mind today. I was reading about the death of Erin Moran (Joanie on Happy Days) who was living in southern Indiana. I wondered if it was close to where you are. 

6 minutes ago, GOZER said:

That's disappointing.

Just now, NFLfan said:

You came to mind today. I was reading about the death of Erin Moran (Joanie on Happy Days) who was living in southern Indiana. I wondered if it was close to where you are. 

New Salisbury is near Corydon in Southeastern Indiana I live in Southwestern Indiana near Evansville

Corydon is just north of Louisville, Ky

14 minutes ago, GOZER said:

I have U-Verse and lucky to have WNDY, it's channel 10 on U-Verse. When games are blacked out on ESPN or MLB, I can always count on good ol' WNDY.

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The only time I have Cubs blacked out on ESPN or MLBN is when they play St. Louis or Cincinnati 

I almost usually can get most games on Comcast sportnet Chicago which is a Chicago channel (741) but tonight's game isn't even on that tonight. The game is actually blacked out here on ESPN but I have it on WNDY.  They are showing the Whitesox on 741 tonight.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I almost usually can get most games on Comcast sportnet Chicago which is a Chicago channel (741) but tonight's game isn't even on that tonight. The game is actually blacked out here on ESPN but I have it on WNDY.  They are showing the Whitesox on 741 tonight.

I have a feeling it is a WGN game

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

White Sox hosting the Royals. Hopefully Miguel Gonzalez can continue to pitch well. I've been pleasantly surprised with him. Ironically, the one pitcher I've been majorly disappointed in is Quintana. He's been their worst pitcher and it's not even close

Yeah I am watching that game now. It's 0-0 in the 2nd.

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Yep Matt Davidson HR. I'm cautiously optimistic they could do some damage. But they did start 22-10 last year and fell off the face of the earth. So I'm not getting my hopes up

Yeah I seen he HR'd. It's so early in the season who knows what is going to happen. Pirates swept the Cubs last week, now it's 10-1 Cubs tonight. We will know alot by mid July.

Archived