Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Met have an 8-game losing streak. During that time, the starting pitchers' ERA is just a little over 2 runs. Their lack of offense is the primary reason why they are losing. 

After 1 inning, there is no score. Yankee pitcher threw 31 pitches in the 1st. Yikes! Despite that Mets failed to score :thmdown:

On the ESPN message boards, Brewers fans have been talking all kinds of junk all season and trashing the Cubs (calling them the Scrubs). Now what baby! We are in 1st place and 2 better in the loss column. When they win something, their fans can call me like a World Series. I am very excited about this win, maybe Brewers fans can go cry in their beer now and shutup for a while.

NL Central Standings:

Cubs 38-25

BrewCrew 39-27 (.5 back)

Cards 36-28 (2.5 back)

Gozer, fly the flag my friend.

44 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

On the ESPN message boards, Brewers fans have been talking all kinds of junk all season and trashing the Cubs (calling them the Scrubs). Now what baby! We are in 1st place and 2 better in the loss column. When they win something, their fans can call me like a World Series. I am very excited about this win, maybe Brewers fans can go cry in their beer now and shutup for a while.

NL Central Standings:

Cubs 38-25

BrewCrew 39-27 (.5 back)

Cards 36-28 (2.5 back)

Gozer, fly the flag my friend.

I mean does it surprise you they had, with the way their twitter acts im not really surprised 

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean does it surprise you they had, with the way their twitter acts im not really surprised 

It doesnt surprise me but it has been relentless. I am glad to see we can finally shut them up for at least one night in this 2018 Season. They have led the Division for a over a month now and their fans chatter was ridiculous. I hope we can sweep them but I doubt that happens (2-1 should happen). I went over to the ESPN Game Board Thread and the same 3 Brewers fans that have been dissing the Cubs are no where to be found LOL. What a great night to be a Cubs fan. Great time to be one as well. The NL really doesnt have a dominating team, we have a great shot at winning the NL as it looks now. The Dodgers were just playing out of their minds last season. It's only June but as of now there really isnt anyone better than us in the NL. The AL is a different story, they have several teams that are loaded = Yankees, RedSox, and Astros. Mariners are even look dangerous too. 

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It doesnt surprise me but it has been relentless. I am glad to see we can finally shut them up for at least one night in this 2018 Season. They have led the Division for a over a month now and their fans chatter was ridiculous. I hope we can sweep them but I doubt that happens (2-1 should happen). I went over to the ESPN Game Board Thread and the same 3 Brewers fans that have been dissing the Cubs are no where to be found LOL. What a great night to be a Cubs fan. Great time to be one as well. The NL really doesnt have a dominating team, we have a great shot at winning the NL as it looks now. The Dodgers were just playing out of their minds last season. It's only June but as of now there really isnt anyone better than us in the NL. The AL is a different story, they have several teams that are loaded = Yankees, RedSox, and Astros. Mariners are even look dangerous too. 

89EF74D7-62D0-467F-B21C-3AA5C92F9180.jpeg

Looks like the rubber match tomorrow. BrewCrew got us tonight so they retake the Division lead. I am ok with it, we have played Great over the last 3 weeks, cant win them all. I would like to see a win tomorrow though so we can get back into 1st. I kind of had a feeling we would lose tonight after winning last night. We should win tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So far tonight it doesnt look good. Down 4-0 in the 5th. I guess Brewers fans and Cubs haters can come back out of hiding for one night and Tweet away again, TYPE TYPE TYPE away :funny:

so far with chatwood when he is wild he keeps very low runs, when he is not walking everyone he seems to get hit real hard

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

so far with chatwood when he is wild he keeps very low runs, when he is not walking everyone he seems to get hit real hard

It would be nice to see Darvish get healthy and at least make a reasonable contribution to the team for the money he is making. So far he has gave us nothing all season. 

17 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

his last start wasnt bad, and when faced brewers he was good

He’s had one decent start and been on the DL twice now, highly overpaid to this point. Hope he figures it out.

Cubs with another stellar performance today, being blanked so far going into the 9th. Going to put out an APB: Cubs bats, anybody seen them??? I know this team is better then this, drives me crazy!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, GOZER said:

He’s had one decent start and been on the DL twice now, highly overpaid to this point. Hope he figures it out.

Cubs with another stellar performance today, being blanked so far going into the 9th. Going to put out an APB: Cubs bats, anybody seen them??? I know this team is better then this, drives me crazy!!!!!!!!

We are getting shutout 2 days in a row, very odd. They have Hader now in too. We got to him on Monday but he rarely gives up any runs. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Is there any reason why Bryant didn't play today? I missed the 1st 5 Innings.

Bryant’s 0 for 15, might have something to do with it. 

Shutout again. Welp.

I know it’s early, just would rather not give the Brewers and their fans anything easy. Oh well.

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Shutout again. Welp.

I know it’s early, just would rather not give the Brewers and their fans anything easy. Oh well.

Yeah his first 2 games he didn't have a hit but he is the type of guy that comes out of slumps easily. They needed him today. I figured this would be a tough series, their BullPen is the best in Baseball, they also hit alot of Homeruns. I was hoping to get 2 of 3 but oh well. They got us instead 2-1.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure what is going on with the bats?

4 hours ago, GOZER said:

Going to put out an APB: Cubs bats, anybody seen them??? 

I have been asking the same of the Mets since early May. They too got shut out today. Jacob deGrom can't get a win. He has an ERA of 1.55 in 87 innings, 113 Ks, but only has 4 wins. He got a loss today after giving up just 1 run. The Mets hitters are so frustrating. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I have been asking the same of the Mets since early May. They too got shut out today. Jacob deGrom can't get a win. He has an ERA of 1.55 in 87 innings, 113 Ks, but only has 4 wins. He got a loss today after giving up just 1 run. The Mets hitters are so frustrating. 

Yeah once Josh Hader came out to the mound with his long hair, I should've just shut the TV off. I knew we weren't getting to him 2 games in a row. 

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah once Josh Hader came out to the mound with his long hair, I should've just shut the TV off. I knew we weren't getting to him 2 games in a row. 

Josh Hader looks like he belongs on the Mets with his long hair. He looks like Robert Gsellman and deGrom with long hair.

The Cubs are just a couple of games out of first place. It is a very long season.

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Josh Hader looks like he belongs on the Mets with his long hair. He looks like Robert Gsellman and deGrom with long hair.

The Cubs are just a couple of games out of first place. It is a very long season.

Why does every Pitcher with long hair dominate. Randy Johnson was like that too lmao 

8 hours ago, GOZER said:

I mean first dl he missed one game due to illness it made sense to put him on it. And honestly you saying hes had one decent start is wrong. both Milwaukee starts were good the one before this dl stint was good. If is finally out of his head I think he'll start to do better. And we are two months into a six year deal that is 1/18 of his projected time with us not including postseason possibilities. 

You guys on here have been jumping quickly to conclusion on players, just slow down. Baseball is so in and out. It is hard to look consistent for a long period of time. You have highs and lows. Over time they will even out to their averages  

8 hours ago, GOZER said:

Shutout again. Welp.

I was hoping Bryant would have a day out of lineup, cuz even before the O-15 he hadnt been himself. I am hoping the break and just watching the game he figures out what is wrong and can get back to himself this weekend. We all know he will go on a tear again hopefully its soon

4 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I mean first dl he missed one game due to illness it made sense to put him on it. And honestly you saying hes had one decent start is wrong. both Milwaukee starts were good the one before this dl stint was good. If is finally out of his head I think he'll start to do better. And we are two months into a six year deal that is 1/18 of his projected time with us not including postseason possibilities. 

You guys on here have been jumping quickly to conclusion on players, just slow down. Baseball is so in and out. It is hard to look consistent for a long period of time. You have highs and lows. Over time they will even out to their averages  

Yu has been questionable to me since his Dodger days, he blew it for them when they needed him the most in the postseason. Ok I’ll give him 2 “decent” starts where he made it into the 6th inning. He’s shown the propensity to not go deep there for putting more stress on our sometimes shaky bullpen. There’s reports of him not feeling confident and being worried about fans feeling about him....not good. I guess I expect someone that signs a 6 year 126 million contract to be a stud right out of the box, especially when he replaced one. I really hope he turns it around.

Archived