Jay Kirk

ALL MLB 2018 Astros Repeat ?

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would definitely use Happ and La Stella as chips. I like Almora though. Almora is Great Defensively in CF.

 

I agree, need to keep Almora, and La Stella is almost a guaranteed hit. Happ has his moments as well but is not the CF that Almora is, so he might be expendable? Tough decision. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I did some research looking back at the Cubs WS run in 2016 vs the Dodgers and Indians in 13 games combined. Here were the Cubs numbers in those 2 series combined. 13 games played overall which is a pretty good sample size on the biggest stages, here IMO would be their best lineup:

CF - Fowler = .281, 3 HR, 5 RBI, 1 SB

LF - Schwarber = .412, 0 HR, 2 RBI, 0 SB (that was in 5 games)

3B - Bryant = .286, 2 HR, 5 RBI, 1 SB

1B - Rizzo = .340, 3 HR, 10 RBI, 2 SB

SS - Russell = .245, 3 HR, 13 RBI, 0 SB

RF - Zobrist = .271, 0 HR, 3 RBI, 0 SB

2B - Baez = .231, 1 HR, 6 RBI, 2 SB

C - Contreras = .182, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 0 SB

P - Jake Arrieta = 2-1, 2.29 ERA (Righty) (3 games total)

Mid Relief - Montgomery = 1-0, 2.98 ERA (Lefty) (9 games total)

Closer - Chapman = 2-0, 1 Save, 2.63 ERA (Lefty) (9 games total)

 

-The Infield Defense is real solid with Russell, Baez, Rizzo, Contreras, and Bryant. Great chemistry there.

 

-In DH situations I would bat Heyward 9th, he only batted .111 with no HR's, 1 RBI, but he did have 4 SB's in the 2 series combined.

I would like to add to this, David Ross wouldn't be a bad option either for DH batting 9th. He hit a huge HR in Game 7 at Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, GOZER said:

 

I agree, need to keep Almora, and La Stella is almost a guaranteed hit. Happ has his moments as well but is not the CF that Almora is, so he might be expendable? Tough decision. 

I really like Russell a lot (he is Good) but he is a tier below Machado. If we had to give up Russell and La Stella or Happ to get Machado I would do it. I would not give up all 3 though, that is losing to much young quality depth.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good ol Boras! I have no idea why the Orioles would want to trade him.

 

18 hours ago, NFLfan said:

They sure are. Why would a team give up on a young guy of his age? The Orioles could afford him. Does he have Boras as an agent?

He's in his free agent year. He has already said he wont sign a long term deal until he test free agency. We'd be trading a lot for a half season and a chance of signing him long-term during free agency which we could do anyway. I do not like the idea of it. We'd be force to trade way to much for a half season player. Also Russell has started hitting again. La Stella is such a good bench PH player for us. Happ has come back to hitting and is still good to play if/of. Almora defense is extraordinary gold glove caliber cf and is now hitting. There's not a good trade fit for us 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

 

He's in his free agent year. He has already said he wont sign a long term deal until he test free agency. We'd be trading a lot for a half season and a chance of signing him long-term during free agency which we could do anyway. I do not like the idea of it. We'd be force to trade way to much for a half season player. Also Russell has started hitting again. La Stella is such a good bench PH player for us. Happ has come back to hitting and is still good to play if/of. Almora defense is extraordinary gold glove caliber cf and is now hitting. There's not a good trade fit for us 

Yeah....I love Machado but I don't want a rental. I want a permanent piece coming back. If he was willing to sign an extension that's one thing. Cubs have their issues but pitching to me wins championships. I know last year was different but you are not going to out hit the Yankees, Red Sox, Astros in a WS. You will need great pitching to have a shot. The offense even though they strike out too much is more than sufficient...the pitching is not. If we were getting a Scherzer or Kershaw that is one thing...but more hitting when we have so many nice young bats/fielders...I can wait a year if we want the guy in free agency. I don't want to sell this team off piece by piece for 1 year shots...and I don't think our GM will do that either.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four straight wins for the Mets. 2-0 win over the Marlins today. We need to win the next two games because we play the Brew Crew next weekend in Milwaukee.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah....I love Machado but I don't want a rental. I want a permanent piece coming back. If he was willing to sign an extension that's one thing. Cubs have their issues but pitching to me wins championships. I know last year was different but you are not going to out hit the Yankees, Red Sox, Astros in a WS. You will need great pitching to have a shot. The offense even though they strike out too much is more than sufficient...the pitching is not. If we were getting a Scherzer or Kershaw that is one thing...but more hitting when we have so many nice young bats/fielders...I can wait a year if we want the guy in free agency. I don't want to sell this team off piece by piece for 1 year shots...and I don't think our GM will do that either.

I personally think the Mets should trade us deGrom for Happ and La Stella :rock:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

 

He's in his free agent year. He has already said he wont sign a long term deal until he test free agency. We'd be trading a lot for a half season and a chance of signing him long-term during free agency which we could do anyway. I do not like the idea of it. We'd be force to trade way to much for a half season player. Also Russell has started hitting again. La Stella is such a good bench PH player for us. Happ has come back to hitting and is still good to play if/of. Almora defense is extraordinary gold glove caliber cf and is now hitting. There's not a good trade fit for us 

 

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah....I love Machado but I don't want a rental. I want a permanent piece coming back. If he was willing to sign an extension that's one thing. Cubs have their issues but pitching to me wins championships. I know last year was different but you are not going to out hit the Yankees, Red Sox, Astros in a WS. You will need great pitching to have a shot. The offense even though they strike out too much is more than sufficient...the pitching is not. If we were getting a Scherzer or Kershaw that is one thing...but more hitting when we have so many nice young bats/fielders...I can wait a year if we want the guy in free agency. I don't want to sell this team off piece by piece for 1 year shots...and I don't think our GM will do that either.

Good points, I hadn’t heard him say he wanted to test the market and not sign long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Yeah....I love Machado but I don't want a rental. I want a permanent piece coming back. If he was willing to sign an extension that's one thing. Cubs have their issues but pitching to me wins championships. I know last year was different but you are not going to out hit the Yankees, Red Sox, Astros in a WS. You will need great pitching to have a shot. The offense even though they strike out too much is more than sufficient...the pitching is not. If we were getting a Scherzer or Kershaw that is one thing...but more hitting when we have so many nice young bats/fielders...I can wait a year if we want the guy in free agency. I don't want to sell this team off piece by piece for 1 year shots...and I don't think our GM will do that either.

Depends if he agrees to sign long term? I wouldn't give up all 3 in Russ, Happ, and La Stella but would give up 2 of them if Machado agrees to sign long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.