Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Just now, Myles said:

Looks like Cubs got the advantage with the pitching matchups, but being in St. Louis may even in out a little.  

Yeah at least Yu isn't Pitching for us, we have a chance to get 2 out of 3. Cards being at home could very well win 2 of 3 though. Not sure how this plays out?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. You really don't like this guy.

I just don't think he is that good anymore. He has Pitched like crap so far this year. Look at his numbers and look at Jake's. Our FO had a brain fart on wanting him over Jake. He's 0-3 with an ERA of 6.00. Matt Harvey is better than he is lmao 

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Yu keeps it up he may gone too! Sent down to the minors anyway. He has been really Bad so far. We are paying him a boatload of money and he's 0-3 with an era of 6.00. Bad!

And right here is why he wont get sent down, its a month in. Lester had these problems too. It may be time to bring Gimenez up to see if that helps him

13 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

And right here is why he wont get sent down, its a month in. Lester had these problems too. It may be time to bring Gimenez up to see if that helps him

He may or may not get sent down. I am sure our FO will have patience with him especially because of what we are paying him. Lets say he gets to 0-5? Then I don't know what will happen. I will get off his back as soon as he wins a couple of games until then I am skeptical on how good he can be this season.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He may or may not get sent down. I am sure our FO will have patience with him especially because of what we are paying him. Lets say he gets to 0-5? Then I don't know what will happen. I will get off his back as soon as he wins a couple of games until then I am skeptical on how good he can be this season.

No matter what he wont be sent down. He was a free agent pitcher. He cant be sent down without his consent and he would never do that. Cubs wont release him. Honestly its dumb to right now. Hes here until 2020 season ends. Only way he out of rotation in a DL stint otherwise no he is there all season and hopefully he figures out why his slider is faster than normal and why it is too horizontal

It is too bad that the Mets had not traded Matt Harvey when he still had some value. After his act during the playoff run a few years ago, it was time to get rid of him. He seemed selfish and unstable. In the last few days, his selfishness was on display as he refused to go to the minors to work on his pitching. So, while I would have liked to get something for him, releasing him now is fine with me. It is addition by subtraction.

Bye, Matt. Don't let the door hit you...

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just don't think he is that good anymore. He has Pitched like crap so far this year. Look at his numbers and look at Jake's. Our FO had a brain fart on wanting him over Jake. He's 0-3 with an ERA of 6.00. Matt Harvey is better than he is lmao 

Hmm seems someone in this thread was preaching that a few weeks ago , I really felt this would happen and I felt Yu has been over rated from the get go . I never thought him to be an Ace. Jake had proven himself over and over.

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Hmm seems someone in this thread was preaching that a few weeks ago , I really felt this would happen and I felt Yu has been over rated from the get go . I never thought him to be an Ace.

Congrats on the first 2 wins of our series. Cards are playing with house money tonight. At worse you guys come out of this winning 2 out of 3. I am not liking the vibe early on with the Cubs. I am not impressed with the Pitching and Bryant and Rizzo both are unusually inconsistent so far.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Congrats on the first 2 wins of our series. Cards are playing with house money tonight. At worse you guys come out of this wining 2 out of 3. I am not liking the vibe early on with the Cubs. I am not impressed with the Pitching and Bryant and Rizzo both are unusually inconsistent so far.

The Bright side for the Cubs is they are starting to hit and score some runs , The Cards will probably not have Molina today lol he will be lucky if he can walk let alone catch , wow that had to be terrible. Said it took him some time to be able to get air. Carson Kelley getting called up in all likeliness.

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Bright side for the Cubs is they are starting to hit and score some runs , The Cards will probably not have Molina today lol he will be lucky if he can walk let alone catch , wow that had to be terrible. Said it took him some time to be able to get air. Carson Kelley getting called up in all likeliness.

Yeah it's still early and both Cards and Cubs will be near 90 wins if not 90 IMO. Just following the Cubs super close over the last 4 years, something doesn't seem right.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Pham is out don't know if he will be on DL , Norris out for a few , So I'm waiting to see who all they call up.

Yeah they have some key injuries but I notice the Cards have Good depth.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it's still early and both Cards and Cubs will be near 90 wins if not 90 IMO. Just following the Cubs super close over the last 4 years, something doesn't seem right.

They will be fine but they are gonna miss Jake , I seen Heyward do a nice piece of hitting when he went opposite field . If he starts going with the pitch he can catch fire and help you a bunch . I seen him do that in second half of season with Cards. I don't feel either team is clicking on all cylinders yet , you might want to up your win total if they do. Ozuna is starting to settle down looking forward to seeing why they acquired him. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they have some key injuries but I notice the Cards have Good depth.

Yes they do have depth and that's a real plus in the long run.

12 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

They will be fine but they are gonna miss Jake , I seen Heyward do a nice piece of hitting when he went opposite field . If he starts going with the pitch he can catch fire and help you a bunch . I seen him do that in second half of season with Cards. I don't feel either team is clicking on all cylinders yet , you might want to up your win total if they do. Ozuna is starting to settle down looking forward to seeing why they acquired him. 

Yeah losing Jake and Wade Davis hurt IMO. Jake was the big loss though. Jake is an true ACE and clutch in big games.

No one is playing crappier than the Mets. (Is that a word? Lol). They look awful. The Yankees look great and every week they unveil a new prospect that looks like a future All Star. The Braves also look good. They have lots of young prospects. 

The Mets don't have any prospects among the top 100. Winning teams build through their farm system. If they continue to lose, the Mets should trade some of their older players for prospects.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

No one is playing crappier than the Mets. (Is that a word? Lol). They look awful. The Yankees look great and every week they unveil a new prospect that looks like a future All Star. The Braves also look good. They have lots of young prospects. 

The Mets don't have any prospects among the top 100. Winning teams build through their farm system. If they continue to lose, the Mets should trade some of their older players for prospects.

Is any of this disruption from the Harvey thing ?

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yes its a word where I come from Lol

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yankees look scary good! They have won 14 out of 15 and probably are the best team in Baseball at the moment. Mets are still in a very winnable Division, Braves have a nice young team but are unproven. Nats are not having their usual start either.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yankees look scary good! They have won 14 out of 15 and probably are the best team in Baseball at the moment. Mets are still in a very winnable Division, Braves have a nice young team but are unproven. Nats are not having their usual start either.

I think the Nats have won 6 in a row. The Mets are close to going to 4th place. The Mets do play the Reds soon. Maybe they can win a couple of games. 

I think the Nats have won 6 in a row. The Mets are close to going to 4th place. The Mets do play the Reds soon. Maybe they can win a couple of games. 

They will rebound lol don't get to down on them .

Nats lost last night. The Reds are always what the doctor ordered lmao. Cubs play the Marlins next so I am hoping we can get this last game in St Louis and get some W's on the Marlins.

22 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes its a word where I come from Lol

rotflmaoI know. Here too. You hear Mets fans saying "The Mets are playing like crap." "I am tired of their crap."

6 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Molina out for a month , Kelly will take over duties , time to see what all the hype is about #1 catching prospect in baseball. Molina required surgery suffered a severe hematoma in you know where.

I heard that earlier. Ouch, a hematoma. Sorry about that. I know he is one of your best leaders and one of your favorites. Hope he makes a full recovery. 

Archived