Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huge win for the Dodgers, now it is going back to L.A. regardless of the next game. 

In a nutty way this series sort of reminds me of the Lakers/Celtics finals in 2009 that went 7 games and the Lakers had to win 6 and 7 in L.A. Of course this only compares to the current world series if the Astros win game 5.

And I am being loopy since I am just trying to find a comparison to an L.A. team and all........:headspin:

22 minutes ago, Jules said:

Huge win for the Dodgers, now it is going back to L.A. regardless of the next game. 

In a nutty way this series sort of reminds me of the Lakers/Celtics finals in 2009 that went 7 games and the Lakers had to win 6 and 7 in L.A. Of course this only compares to the current world series if the Astros win game 5.

And I am being loopy since I am just trying to find a comparison to an L.A. team and all........:headspin:

Game 5 is still in Houston but Kershaw is Pitching, man Houston had a great chance to take a huge advantage. Houston has to win Game 5 because 6 and 7 are in LA. Dodgers beat the Champion Cubs so it's theirs to lose.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Game 5 is still in Houston but Kershaw is Pitching, man Houston had a great chance to take a huge advantage. Houston has to win Game 5 because 6 and 7 are in LA. Dodgers beat the Champion Cubs so it's theirs to lose.

If the Astros lose this series then IMO they lost it tonight.

On 10/26/2017 at 11:14 PM, NFLfan said:

Wow. I knew Yankees fans were not happy with Joe Girardi but I did not believe he would not return as manager. The Yankees made it much farther than anyone could have expected.  I don't get it.

I wonder who will get the job??? @coltsfansince65 @bababooey Who do you want to be the next manager of the Yankees?

As for Girardi, I would not be surprised if he was the next manager of the Nationals. 

I think most fans like Girardi. I understand the move. Cashman definitely decided early on that he wouldn’t extend Girardi. The fact they overachieved this year definitely made it tougher and it would be real tough if they made the WS.

Nowadays front offices want to control the managers. It’s all statistics anyway and the manager has very little effect on how a team performs. He was there for ten years, an eternity. But it’s time for a new voice, a cheaper one at that.

In 1995 they fired Showalter then ripped off the greatest dynasty in a generation. This will be the LEAST talented Yankees team of the next six years. The guys coming up are top prospects and the free agents coming up (with the yanks under the luxury tax threshold) will be great too. Plus they could make a run at Otani from Japan as Cashman traded for international cash twice during the season.

Talent can overcome chemistry, and not everyone loved Girardi anyway. Time for a new voice. I have no idea about the new manager but I’m sure Cashman will find the right guy. I’m glad Girardi isn’t going to the Mets or the Red Sox but like I mentioned it’s all computerized nowadays anyway. 

16 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

@NFLfanSo Martinez for us, Callaway for y'all. What you think? 

I personally like both for both teams. I think Callaway has lots of potential and could see him doing good things with NYM.

I don't know much about Callaway. I heard that he was the Indians pitching coach. I have not heard of too many (if any) pitching coaches becoming managers. But given that our team is built on pitching, perhaps this is a good move. What do you know about him? 

I know Dave Martinez from his days as an Expos player. Having coached with last year's World Series champions should be a plus. Do you like the hiring? I thought Girardi would have been a good manager for the Nats.

7 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I don't know much about Callaway. I heard that he was the Indians pitching coach. I have not heard of too many (if any) pitching coaches becoming managers. But given that our team is built on pitching, perhaps this is a good move. What do you know about him? 

I know Dave Martinez from his days as an Expos player. Having coached with last year's World Series champions should be a plus. Do you like the hiring? I thought Girardi would have been a good manager for the Nats.

Is that your guys new managers, I didn't hear.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Do you like Callaway?

I don't know much about him. He is a pitching coach from the Indians. I wondered why they would hire a pitching coach. Our team is built on pitching. We have had so many injuries to the pitching staff. I guess the front office wanted someone who understood pitching. I don't know.  I have to read more about him. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I don't know much about him. He is a pitching coach from the Indians. I wondered why they would hire a pitching coach. Our team is built on pitching. We have had so many injuries to the pitching staff. I guess the front office wanted someone who understood pitching. I don't know.  I have to read more about him. 

I don't know much about him either, Indians seem to have a lot of good Coaches though and have Great Pitching.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Out of LIKES but I thought LA would win Game 3 after losing Game 2. Game 3 fooled everyone into thinking this would be a series. If LA wins tonight it's curtains

Maybe but you never know. Momentum is the next day's starting pitcher. Is that the way the saying goes?

I heard that the Dodgers pitcher yesterday had a no hitter going. I turned the game on when the Astros hitter hit the HR.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Maybe but you never know. Momentum is the next day's starting pitcher. Is that the way the saying goes?

I heard that the Dodgers pitcher yesterday had a no hitter going. I turned the game on when the Astros hitter hit the HR.

Verlander is going in Game 6 so maybe they can force a Game 7 if they lose tonight.

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/mets/mets-mickey-callaway-1.14666054

You seen this article yet? It's a good read. Talks about Micky's ascent to head coach.

From what I've heard/gathered, he seems to be more a players coach., similar to Baker. Interesting to see how it'll work out in New York. He's very young for a manager. 42 years.

Martinez on the other hand seems to be more the strategist, which I think the Nats Org wanted by letting Baker go.

I like it. The big thing too is that Davey got a 3 year deal (with a 4th year option), which hopefully signifies that the team is willing to keep for a long time. I just hope they don't hinge all of his expectations on October success, especially considering he's a first time head coach.

I think Joe Girardi wants to take some time off from managing, from what I've heard. 

Archived