Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Question is, should we celebrate our Division Championship with Nachos or not? Have to have a lot of cheese of course, still 5-1 World Champs

Maybe some Chicago style hot dogs or Italian beef, accompanied by some Old Styles!!!!!!

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There it is DIVISION CHAMPS again folks. Clinched at St Louis too. So we have 2 Division Championships and a WS Championship and 2 NLCS appearances over the last 3 seasons.

YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAAAAABY!!!!!!!!! Didn't get to watch the end, had to go on false alarm run, just got back, watching the locker room celebration!!!!! Division Champs baby!!!!! Lets get it!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Congrats to the Cubs , will be supporting them although I don't like their chances to repeat . They got there though so who knows.

Anything can happen, the bats are there, defense is there, but the bullpen is highly suspect though:fear:Im proud of them for making it this far! Will be interesting to see if Lackey is in rotation, especially with all the retirement after this season talk.

If all of this holds up, here are the matchups:

American League

Twins at Yankees in the winner take all WildCard game

#1 Indians get the winner in a best of 5

#2 Astros will play #3 RedSox (best of 5)

National League

Rockies at DBacks in the winner take all WildCard game

#1 Dodgers get the winner in a best of 5 - Dodgers have overall HFA

#2 Nats will play #3 Cubs (best of 5)

Should be fun!

Champs win again! First time in my fandom, back to back Division Champs with 90 or more wins. A look at our 3 year run:

2015 = 97-65, make the NLCS, Jake wins Cy Young, Bryant wins ROY

2016 = 103-58, Division Champs, WS Champs, Bryant wins League MVP

2017 = 90-69, Division Champs so far, go get em this Post Season Cubs!

Good night everyone, time for some rock now from the World Champion Cubs radio network.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Champs win again! First time in my fandom, back to back Division Champs with 90 or more wins. A look at our 3 year run:

2015 = 97-65, make the NLCS, Jake wins Cy Young, Bryant wins ROY

2016 = 103-58, Division Champs, WS Champs, Bryant wins League MVP

2017 = 90-69, Division Champs so far, go get em this Post Season Cubs!

Good night everyone, time for some rock now from the World Champion Cubs radio network.

Congrats to the Cubs and their fans.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

That catch last night was pretty sweet way to knock the Cardinals out of the playoffs. I almost thought he was faking the catch because I couldn't see the ball....that would be pretty funny if he just acted like he got it and ran into the dugout celebrating.

I respect Jay so I wont talk a lot of smack, Jay likes the Cubs too but I will just say I have been extremely pleased how the Cubs have took care of business over the Cards this season. The Cards have a solid lineup and always scare me when we play them. The Playoffs are going to be interesting. I hope Jake can get healthy, he has a hammy issue. Nats are the 1st opponent for a chance at a Repeat.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I respect Jay so I wont talk a lot of smack, Jay likes the Cubs too but I will just say I have been extremely pleased how the Cubs have took care of business over the Cards this season. The Cards have a solid lineup and always scare me when we play them. The Playoffs are going to be interesting. I hope Jake can get healthy, he has a hammy issue. Nats are the 1st opponent for a chance at a Repeat.

Oh we all love Jay...but my wifes whole family are Cardinal fans....they are from southern Illinois....I take every chance to bask in the glory of us playing in the playoffs and them not lol.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh we all love Jay...but my wifes whole family are Cardinal fans....they are from southern Illinois....I take every chance to bask in the glory of us playing in the playoffs and them not lol.

No doubt it's our time to bask in the glory as we used to be the Cards doormat. We have a nice little 3year run going right now which I wont take for granted. It may never get better than this. 2015 NLCS appearance and beat the Cards in the NLDS to get there. 2016 Division Champs and WS Champs, now in 2017 Division Champs again so yes we do deserve to talk a little smack :thmup:

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I thought you were a Reds fan. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

I thought you were a Reds fan. 

When I was kid I was a Reds fan. Pretty much stopped after the Eric Davis, Chris Sabo, Paul Oneil, Barry Larkin nasty boy days. Once I got into high school with the brain washing of my father I finally realized the Cubs needed my support. Sadly my dad passed away a couple years ago before we turned the corner...but I know he got a kick out of watching them win from up above!

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

When I was kid I was a Reds fan. Pretty much stopped after the Eric Davis, Chris Sabo, Paul Oneil, Barry Larkin nasty boy days. Once I got into high school with the brain washing of my father I finally realized the Cubs needed my support. Sadly my dad passed away a couple years ago before we turned the corner...but I know he got a kick out of watching them win from up above!

It was either Reds or Cubs when I was little. I chose Cubs. WGN and Harry was a big reason why. I loved Sandberg too.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was either Reds or Cubs when I was little. I chose Cubs. WGN and Harry was a big reason why. I loved Sandberg too.

Yep...you know how it is...when your young you try to be original and have your own team....but sitting and watching games with my dad etc you learn to root for them to see him happy.

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sorry about your dad. He must be very proud of you.

I was not a Reds "fan" but I liked them. I liked Larkin a lot and I looked forward to seeing what Dibble was going to do any particular night. I liked the Cubs too. Loved Mark Grace.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep...you know how it is...when your young you try to be original and have your own team....but sitting and watching games with my dad etc you learn to root for them to see him happy.

Cable had just came out and the Cubs were great in 1984 so I think that swayed me too. During that summer they were on every day and Harry had nicknames for all the players. Fun times.

28 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You once asked me how I became a Vikings fan. I wrote that I was being rebel, selecting a non-NY team. But I think you stated it correctly here. I wanted to be original.

With the Mets, I was very young (16 or so) when I became a fan. They were the young, up and coming team then. They won the World Series and I was hooked from then on.

Btw, I was born the year they won their first World Series. The Mets beat the Cubs on the day I was born. haha  It was meant for me to be a Mets fan.

Archived